The Quest = MK rip off?

humansmoke44

Anybody seen The Quest movie? Written, directed by, and starring Jean Claude van Damme, the movie is about an international tournament in which the worlds best fighters are all gathered to compete in a nonstop fighting competition in a foreign land. Seem a little like the MK movie's plot? Well it is. There's different subplots: van Damme is a con artist with a heart of gold, and Roger Moore is a dirty thief, but the central idea is the same. If anybody has Netflix check it out before 8/6, thats when it expires. The Quest came out in 96, and MK in 95. But then again, Mortal Kombat completely ripped off Jean Claude van Damme's likeness so I guess all is even if he rips off MK for the central plot of his movie.

Oh and James Remar's in this one too, but he's not a bleach blonde lightning god.

what happened to Van Damme?

Dude started buying $10,000 of coke a week. No joke.

He's clean now though and back to making movies. Just wrote, directed and starred in another movie in 2010. I hope to see him in a lot more movies. Johnny Cage is not afraid to die.

Dude started buying $10,000 of coke a week. No joke.

He's clean now though and back to making movies. Just wrote, directed and starred in another movie in 2010. I hope to see him in a lot more movies. Johnny Cage is not afraid to die.

See Universal Soldier 3 it was surprisely good.

He has a new movie coming out with Scott Adkins called ''Assassination Games''. Btw, I want to see Scott Adkins in a live action MK flick.