Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Smokey Smoke

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Cyber Sub-Zero

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
but seriously though, how the hell does a cloud of smoke bleed and feel pain?

he was one of the dumbest ideas ever made. I think they couldnt decide if they wanted him to be human or a robot, so they just came up with something totaly stupid instead

he was one of the dumbest ideas ever made. I think they couldnt decide if they wanted him to be human or a robot, so they just came up with something totaly stupid instead

Here's the best part. In his Bio Card, Boon says they wanted to bring back the more ninja-like Smoke for fans who missed that version of him.

Uhm.... What the **** went wrong in that design process? I tell ya, to be a fly on the wall during that meeting would have been glorious. And horrifying.

I think any smoke fan, human or robot can agree, he was one of the dumbest ideas ever made

MK and logic doesn't get along.

How Can Scorpion be hurt? he is already dead. Why doesn't Skarlet heal herself with the opponents blood when she hits him/her? Why could Raiden enter the NETHERREALM? he was not the "Dark Raiden". Why is Mileena one of the coolest personalities and has a ugly face?

Right... if you say so... you do seem to know me so well, after all... :p

Seriously, it's good that we're not all clones of each other - the world would be a very boring place if we all thought the same way and agreed on everything.

I'm aware of the concept of timeless design, but I don't hold Street Fighter's design in such high regard as you seem to. I am tired of seeing the same thing rehashed for the last 20 years. It's like there is no such thing as a washing machine in the Street Fighter universe.

Still, if you like it, then good for you. You are entitled to have your own opinion, as am I. Try not to be so rude next time...

One of the most mature replies ever.

I know it was a sucky game, but who else thinks MK vs dcu had so e pretty cool character designs? Sub-zeros icey arms? Kitanas primary (which I still think is her best design to date)?

And how does a body of water feel the pain, like Water God in MKM-SZ? Damn it's just a game. Ghost-Smoke concept looks quite original and evil, very creative one. Shaolin Monks's Smoke also had body made of cloud so his Deception outfit is just logical step in character's development.

350q6j5.jpg

I know it was a sucky game, but who else thinks MK vs dcu had so e pretty cool character designs? Sub-zeros icey arms? Kitanas primary (which I still think is her best design to date)?

Shang Tsung from MK vs DC is badass unlike his Deadly Alliance appearance where he looked like polite wizzard, not evil sorcerer.

I really hate Dark Raiden and MKD-looking Ermak.
In old time, Unmasked Sub-Zero was the most pleasent surprise for me, but it was really sad to see Kitana, Jade and Mileena in UMK3, i really loved their MK2 look.
Cyber-Smoke? OK, he never was popular in MK2, so, in MK3 it's his native look, it's OK and good. Smoke in MK9 with his hair is awsome too:)
Zombie Lu Kang? Cute, nothing against him:)
Ah... the main thing - Noob Saibot! IMO, he must look as a shadow. No details seen, just a shadow, absolutely black, like in MK2. Or like Shadow Noob in MK9. The rest of his outfits look poor:)

whats the story of zombie lui actualy i dont realy understand wy hes a zombie
(sorry for being total noob lol)

WTF is this garbage doing in this part of the forum? I thought this was gonna be a comparison of the characters from the old, 2D MK games to their MK2011 counter parts, not a comparison of all of the varieties of characters throughout the series. I figured it was asking about how the new versions compared, gameplay/tier-wise, with the old-school versions.

This shit belongs in the general MK area, not MK2011.

I don't really know much about all of the characters, but Smokey Smoke is easily the worst on this list, if not the worst design in MK history.

The only the one I hated was MKD Sub Zero. Anyone remember Shredder Sub Zero? Man that was so horrible lol.

MKD_wp5_1280x1024.jpg

nice story but zombie wut????? that sucks

They brought him back as a Zombie because he was dead and the MK "Fans" didn't accepted that their hero died, so they put him back on the roster. Kahn was also dead, but after many fans demanded him back, the Deadly Alliance only killed his "clone". Cage was killed in the events before MK3 (killed by Motaro), but the fans wanted him back, so he had his comeback in MK4. Resurrected by the fans.

I voted for MK 4 Reptile, he just looks ugly as hell.

They brought him back as a Zombie because he was dead and the MK "Fans" didn't accepted that their hero died, so they put him back on the roster. Kahn was also dead, but after many fans demanded him back, the Deadly Alliance only killed his "clone". Cage was killed in the events before MK3 (killed by Motaro), but the fans wanted him back, so he had his comeback in MK4. Resurrected by the fans.

lmfao

Why do people put MK's story on such a pedestal? Resurrections? Netherrealm ruler clones? Smoke ninjas with metal masks? They've even got zombies and vampires. It's good thing that other fighting games don't have any real story because MK would surely be left in the dust, almost regardless of what the story were to be.

This probably won't win me any friends, but I actually liked zombie Kang and Dark Raiden. Deception's my favourite of the post-arcade titles, and I really liked the way that virtually all the usual headliners were absent and those who were still there (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kang) had radical redesigns, at least differentiating them from their Deadly Alliance incarnation, which is something I would've appreciated in Armageddon (my least-favourite of that era).

I do agree on Smokey Smoke. I really hated how the costume combinations of Noob Saibot and Smoke were arranged. I liked primary Smoke and alternate Noob, so I never got the costumes I wanted together. I'm happy with the way they've handled Smoke in MK9, thankfully.

Spoiler:
Either Cyber Sub Zero or the corpses of nearly everyone at the end of MK9. They were all beloved characters, and NRS turned one into a cyborg and killed the rest... well, including him too. Dick move, Ed. Dick move.

The only the one I hated was MKD Sub Zero. Anyone remember Shredder Sub Zero? Man that was so horrible lol.

MKD_wp5_1280x1024.jpg

Best Sub-Zero Costume Ever. That's what you meant to say right? Just messing with you. But yeah Cloud Smoke was sucktastic. Evil Raiden was badass.