Return Of Positive Only Reputation?

Should Reputation System Return But Positive Only?

• No, I like having no reputation system

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Yes make it positive only.

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Yes make it positive only, and reset everyone to zero reputation.

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • No, I want the old system with negative and positive back.

Votes: 10 9.9%

• Total voters

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
I know a lot of you miss reputation for it's good uses, which is rewarding fellow forum members for their good posts. I feel this part worked pretty well, but the abuses of the negative reputation system was a burden on the staff to manage and discipline offenders.

So I've been thinking about it for a while, to bring back a way to keep the positive nature of the system. That would be to make the reputation system positive only. No negative points to be handed out, just positive reputation to encourage those who post well to keep at it.

Please vote in the attached survey and I'll see what I think of the results.

I'd like it back I guess.

Neg rep was the one that caused trouble.
Suppressing people's opinions with fears of getting a virtual red square.

If you go through with this idea, would we be able to have our rep from before the system was removed?

If you go through with this idea, would we be able to have our rep from before the system was removed?

That's why there are two options. One would be a reset of the old system, another option is to keep old rep.

If I did this I'd likely keep old rep, but resetting it is an option.

Honestly a reputation is just a dickhat. Kinda like an achievement score. Its like oh he has high rep that must mean hes a cool dude! ect.. I'm okay without it

No rep system is a good rep system. Cuts back on the hassles of people whining and complaining about "Boo hoo, someone neg repped me. I'm going to take this public and try to find that bastard." It also makes people more honest when posting, making some (not all) think twice about what they want to say.

No rep system is a good rep system. Cuts back on the hassles of people whining and complaining about "Boo hoo, someone neg repped me. I'm going to take this public and try to find that bastard." It also makes people more honest when posting, making some (not all) think twice about what they want to say.

But if it's positive only who would complain?

No, it would just be an endless "who can top who" in the rep standings. I can foresee people posting threads, asking for rep, or making strictly "Rep me plz" posts in the just talk thread.

We shouldn't allow Rep begging. Should I make rep a banned word then? ;)

I may also do a new "Thanks" system where it'd show a list of people who "Thank" the post underneath it.

No, it would just be an endless "who can top who" in the rep standings. I can foresee people posting threads, asking for rep, or making strictly "Rep me plz" posts in the just talk thread.

I don't think so. Most people just look at rep and could care less but giving rep is another thing because it basically says "Hey this post was awesome! Great job!"

Negative rep can either say "You have no idea what you're talking about." "I'm to immature to understand your point." Or "I forgot that you were joking around."

That's why even though I myself have never received it, I found negative rep to be a little silly

We shouldn't allow Rep begging. Should I make rep a banned word then? ;)

I may also do a new "Thanks" system where it'd show a list of people who "Thank" the post underneath it.

I think banning the word "rep" would be really good. I see a bunch of posts, even without reputation just saying "+rep!!!!!" or something similar.

I'd rather have the old system back... I prefer it to "
b173315568.gif
" In my quest to bring across my points and opinions I come across as a douche sometimes, and instead of just getting called it, it's fun to see the little message they leave on my page. :)