Return Of Positive Only Reputation?

Should Reputation System Return But Positive Only?

• No, I like having no reputation system

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Yes make it positive only.

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Yes make it positive only, and reset everyone to zero reputation.

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • No, I want the old system with negative and positive back.

Votes: 10 9.9%

• Total voters
I was thinking that awarding certain titles (by mods/admins) to those who put in a lot of hard work is a good idea. For ex. Top Contributor, Top Gamer (for gameplay help etc), Top Artist etc. There are still chances of people whinning, but a suggestion, nonetheless =D.

i like the thank post idea, instead of tying "rep" to the person, tie it to the posting. I do agree with another post that rep feels like some achievement score. It really doesn't do anything but people come off as if its so end all be all must have. all a desperate need for a little number by their name to be higher than others. lol i think it just drives a competitiveness out of nothing lol. this is also why i hate achievements....just saying lol
I never liked the idea of a negative remark or negative rep, it only seems to cause issues. most reasons are people get immature and read a post and go "omg what a loser" *neg rep* i think some just do it out of boredom.

tying a "rep" or a "like" to the post instead of the person sounds like a decent plan.

Yup, Top Farmer would be a good title for u :D lol

good one jinko! +rep..like....um, yeah.

P.S.- wtf is all the talk of tekken characters on rep thread!

Seeing as I was banned for being flamed by a mod because I 'cared too much' about my rep and returning the flame (like an idiot), I vote no more rep system. I also vote for a system in place that monitors moderator actions to keep them in check just as us 'regular joe's and jane's are. ;)

Seeing as I was banned for being flamed by a mod because I 'cared too much' about my rep and returning the flame (like an idiot), I vote no more rep system. I also vote for a system in place that monitors moderator actions to keep them in check just as us 'regular joe's and jane's are. ;)

Telling you that you care too much is not a flame (also considering this is after about 17 PMs you sent over non-offensive negative rep). Please learn what a flame is before you start to accuse people.

All 'mod actions' are documented in the mod lounge. We are a good team and no one keeps anything secret. All messages are posted in the lounge for everyone to see. Pat can back it up that we literally don't keep anything from him, even if we are in the wrong.

Thank you for your concern, though.

Last edited:
Jade -
I shall submit to your exaggeration of the incident since everything else leads to yet another ban. I'll also ignore the flame bait of "Thank you for your concern" and return that with a "Thank you for your facetiousness".

OT - I'm glad rep is gone. Since it was nothing we should have ever cared about to begin with... according to the mods.

It actually wasn't 'flame bait' at all. You had a concern and you brought it up. It is good to bring up those types of concerns so that we can explain to you what the process is, since people seem to think the mods do things and keep it hidden. Pat knows everything that goes on around here, we don't hide it.

Don't care what you think of me but get over it and stop acting like everything said to you is an attack. It isn't, even though you attacked the mod team for something you caused yourself, yet tried to make it seem like we just ban for fun. Pat wouldn't allow that, and he is VERY vocal when he sees something he does not agree with.

If you have anything further to discuss regarding your ban, feel free to shoot me a PM, or another mod, if you do not feel like messaging me. Otherwise, don't bring up your situation in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

~Thanks =)

The problem with you thank you system is that it's natural for people to want to show things off. So then you'd have to have some statistic that says how many thank you's someone has received and all of a sudden you have rep again. One of the things I liked about the rep system was that it removed post count from being a way to decide the value of what someones saying. I used to be a member of a forum where they removed their rep system, and there was a noticeable increase in pointless posts made for the sole purpose of increasing a users post count. In the end, it's just easier to bring back the (positive) rep system. People get to receive what is effectively a permanent public acknowledgment of the value of what they said, and the lack of -rep keeps people from complaining.
I agree with this.

...if you're keeping something from him, how would he know?

:trollface:

Pat knows all of us very well and we all talk often. We have all at some point let Pat know that we have done something in which we feel/know we were in the wrong. If we didn't tell Pat ourselves, someone else would, so there is basically 'no escape' so we tell him everything. It may surprise you but we have a very honest team here and when we see another mod do something we don't agree with, we tell him, and Pat does the same for us if he sees us do something he disagrees with. Secrets only get people in more trouble than being honest in the first place. Someone will always tell.

I wasnt around for the old repping system.
If its positive only, what would happen if someone had alot of rep then just started being abusive and the like. Would their rep change at all?
Obviously that would be a rarity but i still dont think its a necessity in having it

I once got neg rep for calling the human race scum. Came as quite a shock. ;)

Rep isn't always a good indicator of people. I've seen people on here with high ratings being rude (does not apply to all of course) and I've seen and been helped by those with none or low ratings.

I suppose it's best we don't have it. There are too many problems in this world both big and small. In rep's case if it's not here a potential problem has gone away.

Last edited:
I wasnt around for the old repping system.
If its positive only, what would happen if someone had alot of rep then just started being abusive and the like. Would their rep change at all?
Obviously that would be a rarity but i still dont think its a necessity in having it

They just wouldn't get any more rep, lol. People would stop repping someone who became a bad poster....yet they would still have all that green, thus, making just positive rep only even more of a waste.

Yeah I'm pretty glad that there is no rep system anymore. Because like Fox said the guy Vulcan Hades may be a bit harsh but he has some AWESOME points and tips on Mortal Kombat but when the rep system was up he had only skulls AT ALL TIMES lol so yeah no rep is awesome.

Although I am a little weird about the new title system. I have a feeling people are going to post like crazy for a title or to just get out of one like "Shokan General" lol who wants to be that? :laugh:

Although I am a little weird about the new title system. I have a feeling people are going to post like crazy for a title or to just get out of one like "Shokan General" lol who wants to be that? :laugh:

yeah, that title sucks. I think Shaolin Monk is the most kickass title there is and I'm glad I have it now

i dont really miss the rep system much, the negative rep anyway. i felt i had to do alot of ass kissing to not get negitive repped. now i can speak my mind and i wont get negitive repped for my opinion.

Pat knows all of us very well and we all talk often. We have all at some point let Pat know that we have done something in which we feel/know we were in the wrong. If we didn't tell Pat ourselves, someone else would, so there is basically 'no escape' so we tell him everything. It may surprise you but we have a very honest team here and when we see another mod do something we don't agree with, we tell him, and Pat does the same for us if he sees us do something he disagrees with. Secrets only get people in more trouble than being honest in the first place. Someone will always tell.

Haha... I was completely joking and poking fun at the gap in the logic of that statement. Wasn't at all implying it in an honest manner. :)