Return Of Positive Only Reputation?

Should Reputation System Return But Positive Only?

• No, I like having no reputation system

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Yes make it positive only.

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Yes make it positive only, and reset everyone to zero reputation.

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • No, I want the old system with negative and positive back.

Votes: 10 9.9%

• Total voters
I'm good with king, though... Armor king is a bit more "tame"
AK can be just as dangerous as K, It's just that he isn't as diverse with the grappling+ he has the shoulder of justice:twisted: never a better way to start a match.

I'm pretty much apathetic on the rep thing, I don't care either way, and until I can sell it or fornicate with it, that's not going to change

I'm against the return of any rep, I agree that both positive and negative were abused, and they'll continue to be abused if you bring back either one. I think a better option would be a thankyou system for posts, that displays the name of whoever is giving thanks under the post.

Oh, okay, it kinda looked like you wanted rep for rep in the way you said it after how you gave rep out, lol. My bad.

Ehh, no harm done. I probably could've phrased it better anyway.
I can definitely say the rep for rep would be bad though. I only like rep if I get it for a reason. Tells me that someone appreciates what I did. If I started getting a rep notification every time I repped someone, well, not only would that completely break the system, but it'd be completely meaningless anyway.

I'm against the return of any rep, I agree that both positive and negative were abused, and they'll continue to be abused if you bring back either one. I think a better option would be a thankyou system for posts, that displays the name of whoever is giving thanks under the post.

The problem with you thank you system is that it's natural for people to want to show things off. So then you'd have to have some statistic that says how many thank you's someone has received and all of a sudden you have rep again. One of the things I liked about the rep system was that it removed post count from being a way to decide the value of what someones saying. I used to be a member of a forum where they removed their rep system, and there was a noticeable increase in pointless posts made for the sole purpose of increasing a users post count. In the end, it's just easier to bring back the (positive) rep system. People get to receive what is effectively a permanent public acknowledgment of the value of what they said, and the lack of -rep keeps people from complaining.

I found it funny that half the people that had shit load of reps don't even post anymore. This is a fan website everybody has an opionion that should be valued and the rep system tarnishes that. I have been a member here for about a year and the rep system defiantly started some heated arguments. There is no need for it.

If you're going to have a reputation system at all, I think 'positive only' would be the best choice. Even Facebook does it, and it seems to work for them. If only Xbox LIVE had a similar system. There's too many negative people who abuse it.

I know a lot of you miss reputation for it's good uses, which is rewarding fellow forum members for their good posts. I feel this part worked pretty well, but the abuses of the negative reputation system was a burden on the staff to manage and discipline offenders.

So I've been thinking about it for a while, to bring back a way to keep the positive nature of the system. That would be to make the reputation system positive only. No negative points to be handed out, just positive reputation to encourage those who post well to keep at it.

Please vote in the attached survey and I'll see what I think of the results.

I vote for bringing it back, but keep the reputation we had before it was taken out. Took us a long time to get the level of reputation we had before.

People get to receive what is effectively a permanent public acknowledgment of the value of what they said, and the lack of -rep keeps people from complaining.

No, it becomes less public acknowledgement and more just friends repping each other for no reason. Maybe they see it as a way of levelling up on the forum or some imaginary BS.
Maybe they see it as a way of being nice to each other, I can understand that, but the same can be accomplished with a friendly PM.

I vote for bringing it back, but keep the reputation we had before it was taken out. Took us a long time to get the level of reputation we had before.

And that's exactly why it shouldn't be brought back. It's not meant to be a competition.

For those suggestion a 'like' system, it is no different than rep. People will 'like' their friend's posts and we will end up with someone who doesn't make the best posts ever with a bunch of likes.....that will be abused just as much as the rep.

I think I'm better off without a rep system. I mean.. what is ALL positive rep gonna do? It'll just keep going up, then what? I think if we have a rep system, it should be like it was; and for the abusers, their ability should just be taken away.

I just don't like the idea of the whole 'Endless Rep' thing.

For those suggestion a 'like' system, it is no different than rep. People will 'like' their friend's posts and we will end up with someone who doesn't make the best posts ever with a bunch of likes.....that will be abused just as much as the rep.

If posts are getting a bunch of likes, then obviously many posters consider it a good post. It wouldn't bump the post up in the thread nor add anything permanent to the user's 'statistics' in the way that reputation does, and if you add a dislike option, then those who truly do not think it is a good post will be able to 'vocalize' that, maybe even add a bury option of some sort where several dislikes result in the post being hidden, kind of like the system used on GameSpot.

As far as reputation goes, I think one way to fix the issue with reputation being abused is to remove the anonymity of the former system. Other forums I post on have reputation enabled and they appear to have no issues with it being abused. If you remove the anonymity of it then I don't think you'd have as many problems with people neg repping others for silly reasons.

The fact is, no system is going to be 100% fair, of course some people are going to pos rep their friends, why wouldn't they?

-edit-

I'm just throwing out ideas, btw. I'm all for reputation not coming back.

If posts are getting a bunch of likes, then obviously many posters consider it a good post.

Not entirely true. The 'popular' members will get a lot of likes, regardless of whether the post is actually good or not.

I am not saying I am totally against the like feature, I am just saying that it will be abused like rep was, that's all.

Not entirely true. The 'popular' members will get a lot of likes, regardless of whether the post is actually good or not.

I am not saying I am totally against the like feature, I am just saying that it will be abused like rep was, that's all.

As a mod, you probably have a better view on the overall 'personality' of this forum than I do. I could only see it being so severely abused if half of this forum was made up of brain-dead tards that just liked to CLICK things. I just don't see a 'like' feature being as beneficial to abuse as reputation, since there wouldn't be much to gain from it.

Yeah...this.

As a mod, you probably have a better view on the overall 'personality' of this forum than I do. I could only see it being so severely abused if half of this forum was made up of brain-dead tards that just liked to CLICK things. I just don't see a 'like' feature being as beneficial to abuse as reputation, since there wouldn't be much to gain from it.

Trust me, people will get an ego over the amount of 'likes' they have. Seen it too many times, and you guys don't know half the abuse that went on with reps. Oi :/

no rep, please. not even if it's positive.

& to all you guys who like King, i'd drag your butts against the floor with my girl ;)

Lili_Tekken5_DR_02.jpg

Last edited: