Return Of Positive Only Reputation?

Should Reputation System Return But Positive Only?

• No, I like having no reputation system

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Yes make it positive only.

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Yes make it positive only, and reset everyone to zero reputation.

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • No, I want the old system with negative and positive back.

Votes: 10 9.9%

• Total voters
I think it would be funny to have a word filter to replace "+rep" and all its variants with something like "I enjoy eating squirrel entrails from a can".

May as well, as that phrase is equally as absurd as "rep." I'm sorry, but a giant dependence on a high rep count shows a lot of insecurity. You don't need squares and dragon symbols to be a good member of a community.

May as well, as that phrase is equally as absurd as "rep." I'm sorry, but a giant dependence on a high rep count shows a lot of insecurity. You don't need squares and dragon symbols to be a good member of a community.

Vulcan Hades is a good member who provides lots of info, and for some reason he had 0 rep and skulls once, and people sees that and thinks "This guy must be a troll", and is uncool because he is not.

Vulcan Hades is a good member who provides lots of info, and for some reason he had 0 rep and skulls once, and people sees that and thinks "This guy must be a troll", and is uncool because he is not.

Lol I've never seen that dude without skulls and he had some badass posts

Good Members who provides lots of info, and for some reason they had 0 rep and skulls once, and people sees that and thinks "This guy must be a troll", and is uncool because he is not.
Which is why we don't need rep. Members should be judged solely on the content of their posts, not by simply glancing at the skulls/dragons under their name. No one should need rep to feel validated.
This and this.

Which is why we don't need rep. Members should be judged solely on the content of their posts, not by simply glancing at the skulls/dragons under their name. No one should need rep to feel validated.

I wouldn't mind just having positive rep BUT it also gets abused, no matter what. I've mentioned this before, when we were fixing offensive reps, I would see so many people with 'rep me back'. Getting random neg rep is not the only abuse. Abuse is also sending random green rep to your e-friends.

The point of the rep system is to give a positive or negative feedback for a very well done post or a horrible, flaming post. People don't use it that way. I even got random green rep from people just to 'see how high rep can go'. I don't want random green, I want green because I worked hard on the Kombatant threads or I had a great idea or just had a good post, not for a buddy-buddy thing or whatever....

With that said, I think no rep is better because it doesn't get abused, period. People complain about abusive rep when it's red but never acknowledge that back and forth rep between forum friends is also abuse.

If you bring back positive rep, I can guarantee you that people who do not deserve a lot of rep will have it because their friends will give it to them at random.

No, it would just be an endless "who can top who" in the rep standings. I can foresee people posting threads, asking for rep, or making strictly "Rep me plz" posts in the just talk thread.

i agree with this. the community is better off without rep.

EDIT: i agree with Jade's post, 110%

but it made me feel so cool
Ken_Masters.gif

see so cool lol

Forums aren't about being "cool." You should care more about helping others and contributing intelligent discussion. Trust me, earning real respect feels better.

Calm down "Mother Love" he was just making a funny.

Forums aren't about being "cool." You should care more about helping others and contributing intelligent discussion. Trust me, earning real respect feels better.

i kno alisa i don't want reputation either i was just poking fun. trying to keep every one level headed and not have them go crazy with flame rage.

Calm down "Mother Love" he was just making a funny.

*hugs tree*

What ever do you mean? :p

i kno alisa i don't want reputation either i was just poking fun. trying to keep every one level headed and not have them go crazy with flame rage.
I know. I can smell jokes a mile away. Sadly, my inflection was not registered well, it seems. :(

/wrist

I usually gave good Rep, based on the quality of the posts, but I can also see how some people can abuse it.

-Rep I NEVER gave out, even if the person was being a complete dick.

I could go either way.
+ Rep or no Rep, it's fine either way.
Just please don't bring back - Rep.

We shouldn't allow Rep begging. Should I make rep a banned word then? ;)

I may also do a new "Thanks" system where it'd show a list of people who "Thank" the post underneath it.

i like the thank post idea, instead of tying "rep" to the person, tie it to the posting. I do agree with another post that rep feels like some achievement score. It really doesn't do anything but people come off as if its so end all be all must have. all a desperate need for a little number by their name to be higher than others. lol i think it just drives a competitiveness out of nothing lol. this is also why i hate achievements....just saying lol

I never liked the idea of a negative remark or negative rep, it only seems to cause issues. most reasons are people get immature and read a post and go "omg what a loser" *neg rep* i think some just do it out of boredom.

*hugs tree*

What ever do you mean? :p

I know. I can smell jokes a mile away. Sadly, my inflection was not registered well, it seems. :(

/wrist

i get what ur saying and i agree we don't need to be in a constant popularity contest.

earning ur keep is an idea that i really like pat u should make a system out of that.

An option to like or dislike a post would be good, I think.

It could also serve as a way of reducing the "I agree" posts that pretty much add nothing to the discussion.

I joined this site for the mere fact that alot of people who play competitively were looking down on the members of these forums. And they didn't seem to care to help expand the scene by joining the site and helping those with lesser understanding of playing competitive/to win. So I said screw that I'll join and share as much intel as I got to offer and I did it not giving 2 cents about any "rep."

I will continue to put forth anything I learn or help out someone lost in a problem I know how to fix. Because this stuff should be done regardless. If you care so much about how you look to everyone, over time people will respect you regardless as long as you post constructive things a lot more often than useless stuff.