Return Of Positive Only Reputation?

Should Reputation System Return But Positive Only?

• No, I like having no reputation system

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Yes make it positive only.

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Yes make it positive only, and reset everyone to zero reputation.

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • No, I want the old system with negative and positive back.

Votes: 10 9.9%

• Total voters
No, it would just be an endless "who can top who" in the rep standings. I can foresee people posting threads, asking for rep, or making strictly "Rep me plz" posts in the just talk thread.

I found this to be the case.
Seemed to me that a lot of people with high rep saw themselves as gods. But on the other hand recieving plus rep made me feel appreciated; uuhhgg.....If you're going to bring back rep then everyone should keep what they earned good or bad.

Seemed to me that a lot of people with high rep saw themselves as gods.

Triumphant.jpg

You rang?

Last edited:
I think banning the word "rep" would be really good. I see a bunch of posts, even without reputation just saying "+rep!!!!!" or something similar.

Exactly it would force people to say: "Hey this post was awesome! Great job!" instead of "+rep!!!!!"

Yes but positive only because people tend to negative rep for silly reasons like if you diss one of their favorite characters

i got neg rep-ed a lot for talking about kratos i checked pos only i hope?

i think it should be if u rep anyone the rep point is taken from ur rep

say u have 3 rep u give a rep point out then u go to 2 so people will not just rep for stupid reasons and use it smartly it would be the same for neg rep.

Last edited:
i got neg rep-ed a lot for talking about kratos i checked pos only i hope?

See that's exactly what I'm talking about. People overreact. I don't like that Kratos is in MK but when you had that post that Kratos should be "He who must win" in MK9 story mode I took it and made a friendly joke out of it. Others would be like "Holy shit man this guy's stupid! NEGATIVE REP!"

Neg rep gets way too abused when butthurt occurs. If rep comes back, I say its positive only.

I don't want any rep, whatsoever. Even if it's purely positive, people will rely on it far too much. Forums are meant to be for discussing points of view, not conducting popularity competitions among members.

but i like having no reputation system because u can say what u want even if it's poking fun, making jokes, debating u can comment freely with out stupid negative reputation and it's abusers.

positive reputation system had it's abusers to people will say or do what was popular among the masses on that particular thread just to get more reputation.

i've changed my mind i say none

Last edited:
but i like having no reputation system because u can say what u want even if it's poking fun, making jokes, debating u can comment freely with out stupid negative reputation and it's abusers.

But... It would be positive only.

Forums are meant to be for discussing points of view, not conducting popularity competitions among members.

Actually you've got a bit of a point, there. Positive rep could lead to way too much pandering in order to get MORE rep.

I originally supported the positive-only rep idea, but a few people here have made good points against it.

Just keep it away.

I got lots of -reps cause im too honest.

I had a really positive rep (like 30 or something) but I really prefer it to never return because with no rep, people is more honest and that's how it has to be.

I think it would be funny to have a word filter to replace "+rep" and all its variants with something like "I enjoy eating squirrel entrails from a can".