Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 99

Thread: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

  1. #41
    Hollywood Superstar Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    824
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcgriffin View Post
    Overrated: Tremor.
    Seconded.

    Actual content:

    Overrated: Shang Tsung. Morphing is lame.

    Underrated: Fujin. Dude could be so much with MK's current engine.

  2. #42
    Hollywood Superstar Man Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    773
    Xbox Live
    Impact Death
    PSN
    TheDeadRiser
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Gameplay wise:

    Overated- Kung Lao: There isn't much work that has to be put into him. He's fast, range of specials. There's no challenging fighting as him.
    Ermac: He's cool and all, but man can his juggles get any more repetitive? Or how about that distance on force push?

    Underated- Sheeva: So much potential with her. She is great in damage and has awesome range.
    Sindel: People think she's all about the zoning, but she has great mixups up close and an anti jump in yell.

    Character wise

    Overated- Rain: I just don't think his story is that interesting.
    Reptile: What do we actually know about him? He serves who? We know nothing except that he has a long tongue and spits acid. There isn't much story to him.

    Underated- Sindel: She was forced into marriage with Shao Kahn, sacrificed herself to protect her daughter and her realm. She was ressurected evil. Then changed to good. Queen of Edenia. She has a great story imo.
    Kabal: It was nice to see what actually happened to him and how he got burned. Wish they would put more emphasis on all characters like this.

  3. #43
    Shokan General Fox17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow... shooting unicorns
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,119
    PSN
    Fox17es
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Man Eater View Post
    Gameplay wise:

    Overated- Kung Lao: There isn't much work that has to be put into him. He's fast, range of specials. There's no challenging fighting as him.
    Ermac: He's cool and all, but man can his juggles get any more repetitive? Or how about that distance on force push?

    Underated- Sheeva: So much potential with her. She is great in damage and has awesome range.
    Sindel: People think she's all about the zoning, but she has great mixups up close and an anti jump in yell.

    Character wise

    Overated- Rain: I just don't think his story is that interesting.
    Reptile: What do we actually know about him? He serves who? We know nothing except that he has a long tongue and spits acid. There isn't much story to him.

    Underated- Sindel: She was forced into marriage with Shao Kahn, sacrificed herself to protect her daughter and her realm. She was ressurected evil. Then changed to good. Queen of Edenia. She has a great story imo.
    Kabal: It was nice to see what actually happened to him and how he got burned. Wish they would put more emphasis on all characters like this.
    About reptile, there is an interesting story about his race, which is almost extinct, and Kahn slaved the survivors or something like that, that's why he serves Kahn, also he has some story with Khameleon.
    UNCHARTED 4-EVER

  4. #44
    Black Dragon Recruit mcgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    529
    Thanked: 55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox17 View Post
    Are you sure all of them have potential? Hsu Hao? Taven? Daegon? Sareena? Kira? Kobra? to name a few...

    Some have (Havik, Hotaru, Fujin, Ashrah and maybe a few more) but not all of them.
    That's just a simple opinion. Just because there are characters you don't like, doesn't mean there's no potential. I didn't like Smoke or Rain before MK9, and the game totally sold me on them. The developers clearly saw potential in these characters to begin with, or they wouldn't have put them in. I'm not talking about who you like or dislike. It'd be easy for me to say "I never want to see Mavado in another Mortal Kombat game again" just because I dislike the character, but who knows, maybe the next time they do him they'll pull off somebody I can get behind. There's a difference between something's potential and it's execution.

    Secondly, respectfully, no, the ninjas aren't all based on the elements. Sure, Scorpion has a few fire attacks, but he hasn't always, and his power comes from being a spectre from Hell, not from literally having fire powers, but still, you may have a point. You might have a point with smoke too. But what about Ermac? Reptile? Is Ermac's element 'souls'? Is Reptile's acid? Or how about Mileena, Kitana, Jade, Cyrax, or Sektor? If you want more elemental ninjas in your Mortal Kombat, that's your prerogative. I personally prefer a bit more variety.

  5. #45
    Black Dragon Recruit nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    sydney, aus
    Age
    29
    Posts
    591
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Man Eater View Post
    Gameplay wise:

    Overated- Kung Lao: There isn't much work that has to be put into him. He's fast, range of specials. There's no challenging fighting as him.
    Ermac: He's cool and all, but man can his juggles get any more repetitive? Or how about that distance on force push?

    Underated- Sheeva: So much potential with her. She is great in damage and has awesome range.
    Sindel: People think she's all about the zoning, but she has great mixups up close and an anti jump in yell.

    Character wise

    Overated- Rain: I just don't think his story is that interesting.
    Reptile: What do we actually know about him? He serves who? We know nothing except that he has a long tongue and spits acid. There isn't much story to him.

    Underated- Sindel: She was forced into marriage with Shao Kahn, sacrificed herself to protect her daughter and her realm. She was ressurected evil. Then changed to good. Queen of Edenia. She has a great story imo.
    Kabal: It was nice to see what actually happened to him and how he got burned. Wish they would put more emphasis on all characters like this.
    i hated that they made kabal, stryker's cop buddy.. it just doesnt suit at all..
    i saw him as being more of a outworld desert nomad kinda dude..

    *Thanks to NS922 for the sig.*

    QUANJAX
    "IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU BLACK OR WHITE! YEOWWW!"

  6. #46
    Shokan General Fox17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow... shooting unicorns
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,119
    PSN
    Fox17es
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcgriffin View Post
    That's just a simple opinion. Just because there are characters you don't like, doesn't mean there's no potential. I didn't like Smoke or Rain before MK9, and the game totally sold me on them. The developers clearly saw potential in these characters to begin with, or they wouldn't have put them in. I'm not talking about who you like or dislike. It'd be easy for me to say "I never want to see Mavado in another Mortal Kombat game again" just because I dislike the character, but who knows, maybe the next time they do him they'll pull off somebody I can get behind. There's a difference between something's potential and it's execution.

    Secondly, respectfully, no, the ninjas aren't all based on the elements. Sure, Scorpion has a few fire attacks, but he hasn't always, and his power comes from being a spectre from Hell, not from literally having fire powers, but still, you may have a point. You might have a point with smoke too. But what about Ermac? Reptile? Is Ermac's element 'souls'? Is Reptile's acid? Or how about Mileena, Kitana, Jade, Cyrax, or Sektor? If you want more elemental ninjas in your Mortal Kombat, that's your prerogative. I personally prefer a bit more variety.
    When i talked about ninjas I meant males, the females are kunoichis and the cyborgs are cyborgs, about elements, I call "elemental" to every character that use some kind of substance/power that is not the default colorful energy or a weapon as main power. I know its sounds retarded but is how I separate the chars, just to explain in an easier way what type of char I like the most, if you think "elemental" is not an accurate definition, then a better one is "manipulators", characters that manipulates X thing.

    Sub-Zero: Ice
    Rain: Water
    Reptile: Acid
    Noob: Shadow
    Smoke: Smoke
    Scorpion: Fire

    Ermac: Telekinesis (this is not so convincing as a "substance")

    Other "elementals" or manipulators would be Raiden, Liu Kang, Fujin, etc, etc.

    Besides I never said "Elementals are the best chars", I just said that they are my favourites.

    PS - Scorpion is not fully a "manipulator" but he become more and more through time, now in this game he has many fire moves.
    Specials: Demon Fire, teleport (he has flames when tp)
    Enhanceds: Hellfire, Flame teleport (fire uppercut), Flame spear.
    Strings: Fire punch (111), Fire flipkick (F214)
    Last edited by Fox17; 08-05-2011 at 12:39 AM.
    UNCHARTED 4-EVER

  7. #47
    Kombatant kingbigums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    kentucky
    Age
    37
    Posts
    175
    Twitter
    @kingbigums
    Xbox Live
    BeatHazardPilot
    PSN
    kingbigums
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    underrated is by far Stryker i remember in the arcades always picking him and the people would get all mad and say he has a gun that bs of course he has a gun he a ****ing cop

  8. #48
    Tarkatan Warrior Kokoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    343
    PSN
    Superswiper
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Overrated: Sub-Zero and Raiden

    Underrated: Baraka, Kabal and Stryker

  9. #49
    Elder God Shirayuki Mizore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,991
    Thanked: 945
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingbigums View Post
    underrated is by far Stryker i remember in the arcades always picking him and the people would get all mad and say he has a gun that bs of course he has a gun he a ****ing cop
    This trailer should keep quiet any haters on Stryker


  10. #50
    Lin Kuei Assassin Wraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Thanked: 103
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    IMO the most overrated characters are Kung Lao and Scorpion they are sooo overplayed online. One of the most underrated is Noob, I think because of the fact that a lot of people who use him spam.
    Last edited by Wraith; 08-05-2011 at 08:33 AM.

  11. #51
    Shokan General Fox17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow... shooting unicorns
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,119
    PSN
    Fox17es
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro View Post
    Overrated: Sub-Zero and Raiden
    Im interested in the reasons that makes you think this. Character wise? gameplay wise? what and why?

    Im not arguing, im just curious.
    UNCHARTED 4-EVER

  12. #52
    Tarkatan Warrior Camoufrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    345
    Twitter
    @TheCamoufrage
    PSN
    Condemned92
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Overrated: Reptile (Scorpion of high-level play), Scorpion (overused, so now he's just a nuisance) , and Kung Lao (URGHH)

    Underrated: Skarlet, Jade, and Stryker


  13. #53
    Kombatant kingbigums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    kentucky
    Age
    37
    Posts
    175
    Twitter
    @kingbigums
    Xbox Live
    BeatHazardPilot
    PSN
    kingbigums
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki Mizore View Post
    This trailer should keep quiet any haters on Stryker


    sweet when i saw that i was like hell yeah Stryker is back and wearing his old great outfit not that gay one from MK:A

  14. #54
    Kombatant popmaster501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    23
    Posts
    156
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki Mizore View Post
    Overrated: Scorpion

    Underrated: Stryker

    Gameplay wise

    Overrated: Kung Lao

    Underrated: Still stryker
    Kung Lao isn't overrated tier wise when everyone puts him in either A+ tier or S tier and says he's the best character in the game. If everyone is constantly proving that Lao is the best character in the game, how does that make him overrated?

  15. #55
    Elder God Shirayuki Mizore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,991
    Thanked: 945
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingbigums View Post
    sweet when i saw that i was like hell yeah Stryker is back and wearing his old great outfit not that gay one from MK:A
    His MKA outfit was an insult to him. Although his MKA alternate was BADASS

  16. #56
    Black Dragon Recruit mcgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    529
    Thanked: 55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    i hated that they made kabal, stryker's cop buddy.. it just doesnt suit at all..
    i saw him as being more of a outworld desert nomad kinda dude..
    Kabal was never from Outworld. Ex-Black Dragon, who got his face burned in the invasion. That's how it's been from day one. In fact, he wouldn't have ever even been to Outworld until Deception.

  17. #57
    Shokan General Fox17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow... shooting unicorns
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,119
    PSN
    Fox17es
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki Mizore View Post
    His MKA outfit was an insult to him. Although his MKA alternate was BADASS
    LOL, so LOL

    UNCHARTED 4-EVER

  18. #58
    Shokan General Sky Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    Thanked: 332
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox17 View Post
    LOL, so LOL

    that one blows, but this armageddon one is cool

  19. #59
    Shokan General Fox17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow... shooting unicorns
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,119
    PSN
    Fox17es
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Valley View Post
    that one blows, but this armageddon one is cool
    Wow, that's so cool. NRS made some cool concepts for MK9 but they dropped them.
    The first one from the second row is awesome. (green soldier)
    UNCHARTED 4-EVER

  20. #60
    Shokan General Sky Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    Thanked: 332
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox17 View Post
    Wow, that's so cool. NRS made some cool concepts for MK9 but they dropped them.
    The first one from the second row is awesome. (green soldier)
    damn, all of those would have been kickass.reminds me of jax' alt. Too bad Stryker's alt in mk9 looks like a plastic GI Joe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Name Every Character
    By dravenfrost in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 09:58 AM
  2. this character vs. that character is a chess match :)
    By ENIGMA86 in forum Characters & Gameplay
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 12:51 PM
  3. Character HP
    By Flagg in forum Characters & Gameplay
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 11:47 PM
  4. what character do you like the most?
    By mk knight in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 05:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •