Most overated character and why? Most unerrated character and why?

Over rated: Scorpion and Ermac. I like Scorpion, but seriously.... probably like 70% my fights are against him... GAH. Ermac because all my friends think he's over powered, but I think he's fine. And I do see a lot of him online. Somebody good with him is scary, but most of the time he's not something to fuss about, IMO. I'm not saying Ermac is over rated in a bad way, I'm just saying that my friends rate him too highly.

Under rated: Sheeva. I NEVER see any other good Sheeva players online. And I know she's good. She's the character I go to to knock high win streak players off the hill. And it's not with spamming either, since good players know how to get around it.

underrated in mk series termor.. i mean he hasnt even had a chance in a mk fighting game yet
overrated i would have to say millena...nuff said

overrated i would have to say millena...nuff said

How is that? Lol

1309737198472.jpg

Quan-Chi became overrated when NRS decided to make him the real puppet master behind the events of MK1 to UMK3. Lame.

he always has been go back play mkmsz he dooped everyone the story has been the same with him, he is the biggest villain in mk.

quan chi isnt overrated, he earns his rating.

an overrated character is scorpion. hes all like badass all the time ans always about "revenge revenge" over and over in every game, all just because hes boon's favorite.

underrated characters are mostly from mk4 and later.

Underrated - Sheeva, Sektor & Scorpion.
Scorpion has been labeled as the "Scrub's choice" so people fail to realize how powerful he really is.

Scorpion holds the title of being the only character that is both Overated, and Underated at the same time.

He is overated as 85% of people choose him online , and also just cause he says "Get over here"

and he is underated becuase so many scrubs choose him online, and now he has a bad rep from experienced players. He isnt actually that bad, just lots of scubs choose him and many people are turned off by that.

Overrated: scorpion, hey look at me I'm a wanabe badass always wanting revenge, also I just say GET OVER HERE because I wana butt r*** them and on a side note I'm alway's shone beating sub-zero up because I'm Ed Boon's b****
(End of rage)
Underated: The rest of the kast.

Overrated/used for online play: Any of the male ninjas, Kung Lao.
Underrated/used for online play: Everyone else.

Overrated in general as characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero
Underrated in general as characters: Sindel, Sonya

9 out of 10 times I can accurately pick who my opponent is going to pick and it's usually one of the male ninjas or Kung Lao. Boring. In KoTH I gleefully give 0.0 to anyone who repeatedly chooses these characters. If they pick anyone else, I give more of a balanced score based on how they played. I almost wonder why the roster is as vast is it as when people gravitate to the same old same old.

NRS needs to make an MK game that has strictly the male ninjas and that is it. It'd probably be the biggest selling MK too.

As for character development, I think Sindel and Sonya are overlooked immensely, among a few others, but those two jump to mind.

Most over rated in my opinion is Ermac. Only one of the "Ninja" characters I don't enjoy having around. He is pretty boring to fight against, Any match against an Ermac quickly becomes a slow block and dash match. Prefer back in forths when two ppl rush each other. Not very fun playing as the Shreddar and fighting nothing but turtles all the time.

Most Under rated, I gotta say Raiden. People are gonna hate me for saying this but Raiden should be one of the strongest in the game. He's protector of earth realm and a thunder god he should be able to beat everyone (exept maybee Sub-Zero). That being said he plays decent, but he's only good if you spam torpedo wake up attacks and wall combos, his mid-screen game is pretty weak and that makes him hard for me to enjoy using him. I know it's a legit strategy but I feel too ****ing dirty winning a match my oponent spent entirely in the corner.

Underrated- Sektor and Sindel

Overrated- Kung Lao, and Reptile

Besides MK9 and just in general the most overrated character is Tremor.

Overrated - Liu Kang, I cant believe this guy is the champion and protagonist of MK, he is so dumb IMO. Kung Lao would be a much better option.

Overrated - Liu Kang, I cant believe this guy is the champion and protagonist of MK, he is so dumb IMO. Kung Lao would be a much better option.

Yes because Kung Lao actually has a personality. When Raiden thought Kung Lao was "He who must win" I was so excited but then you-know-what happened

A lot of people are answering the question, but without the 'why' part.

Overrated: Tremor. Why: It seems the fixation on getting this character into MK9 is that, aside from Frost, he's the only ninja character not present in the game. My problem is, in of itself, that is not a good enough reason. If you simply removed the cloth in front of his mouth, nobody would like him. On paper, the guy is simply a black dragon clan member who can control rocks. The only reason it seems that people like him is he completes the virtual collection of color-coded ninjas. He's not legitimately compelling, and his powers are lazy. There is one group of element-themed characters, and that's the cryomancers. I'm fine with Rain, but he's a symptom of the same problem: An element themed ninja character primarily developed by by folks other than the main Mortal Kombat team. (By the way, I can totally be won over, but they'd have to make him mad unique, and they've been doing a pretty good job of that so far.)

Underrated: Anybody introduced after MK4 (with the exception of Mokap of course). Why: These characters all have loads of potential, even the worst of them, and thus far there's been no reason to think NRS wouldn't do any of them justice. Sure, there are a gaggle of characters from this era that even I can't stand, but I can see the potential of all of them, and am eager to see how they might translate to the 2D gameplay like Kenshi. Other folks seem to be a lot less eager to have their minds changed. I'll take a Jarek or a Kobra or a Mavado if it means they get that fantastic MK9 treatment. Eager to see any of the bland, identity-lacking roster from the newer games get a more imaginative, unique and emotive MK9 version.

A lot of people are answering the question, but without the 'why' part.

Overrated: Tremor. Why: It seems the fixation on getting this character into MK9 is that, aside from Frost, he's the only ninja character not present in the game. My problem is, in of itself, that is not a good enough reason. If you simply removed the cloth in front of his mouth, nobody would like him. On paper, the guy is simply a black dragon clan member who can control rocks. The only reason it seems that people like him is he completes the virtual collection of color-coded ninjas. He's not legitimately compelling, and his powers are lazy. There is one group of element-themed characters, and that's the cryomancers. I'm fine with Rain, but he's a symptom of the same problem: An element themed ninja character primarily developed by by folks other than the main Mortal Kombat team. (By the way, I can totally be won over, but they'd have to make him mad unique, and they've been doing a pretty good job of that so far.)

Depends on the person, elemental characters are my favourites, that's one of the reason I like the ninjas so much, they all have 1 element/power attached.

Underrated: Anybody introduced after MK4 (with the exception of Mokap of course). Why: These characters all have loads of potential, even the worst of them, and thus far there's been no reason to think NRS wouldn't do any of them justice. Sure, there are a gaggle of characters from this era that even I can't stand, but I can see the potential of all of them, and am eager to see how they might translate to the 2D gameplay like Kenshi. Other folks seem to be a lot less eager to have their minds changed. I'll take a Jarek or a Kobra or a Mavado if it means they get that fantastic MK9 treatment. Eager to see any of the bland, identity-lacking roster from the newer games get a more imaginative, unique and emotive MK9 version.

Are you sure all of them have potential? Hsu Hao? Taven? Daegon? Sareena? Kira? Kobra? to name a few...

Some have (Havik, Hotaru, Fujin, Ashrah and maybe a few more) but not all of them.