Capoeira in Mortal Kombat??

Not easily and go into a Tekken forum and see all the complaining about Eddy and Christie, people hate them being in the game (I quite like them, but never play with them online).

Not easily and go into a Tekken forum and see all the complaining about Eddy and Christie, people hate them being in the game (I quite like them, but never play with them online).

I was thinking that maybe Kai would be suitable to use it, however the fact that his story is tied to Asia would make explaining why he would use it difficult (not impossible!).

Capoeira is a fighting style with a very deep story with awesome moves. I remember a lot of people were excited when Elena showed up in SF 3 with Capoeira.

Do you mind sharing with us the major complains about Eddy and Christine in Tekken?
I wonder why Hector Sanchez who is Brazilian never pushed to make it happen.

Really, the only complaints I hear about Eddy and Christy is that they're button-mash characters. A new player can just press random buttons and still win with them, which is hilarious. I think the people that complain about that are silly and just need to get better at the game lol.

Have you ever played Soulcalibur? Same theory applies to Maxi. Players can win playing Maxi by pressing random buttons, but good players who have enough experience in the game will beat the button mashers. Both Tekken and Soulcalibur are awesome games, btw.

Its an awesome idea. And KrazyHugo's idea to give it to kai is perfect if they could work out how he learned it. Or a new character could use it. But regardless I would be all for it.

I'm not sure. I have a feeling that it would look uncomfortable if you get what I mean. But if it can work fine then I'm all for it

I just cant picture it with the current engine but I think adding it would be refreshing for MK. If Eddy and Christine are hated because of button masher characters then I dont think it's a major complain...

NRS has impressed me alot with MK9 and I think that if they think the idea thouroughly they will come up with the best capoeira fighter in fighting game.

How is it even a technical issue? All NRS has to do give a character the appropriate animations.

With MK9 engine it is a bit hard I would think...Capoeira is a lot about faking an attack and hitting with another one, weird positions, really animated stance, I would like to see them do that with this engine.

With MK9 engine it is a bit hard I would think...Capoeira is a lot about faking an attack and hitting with another one, weird positions, really animated stance, I would like to see them do that with this engine.

If you are aiming for a realistic depiction of any martial art, that is an unreasonable expectation. No video game ever gets it right, nor do they need to.

Feints are nothing new to fighting games. In SF, Ryu momentarily crouches before he throws a fireball; if a player is conditioned jump on reaction when he ducks, they can be punished with an anti-air or any other appropriate move. Creativity and the ability to force an opponent to play on your terms is crucial to feints.

Last edited:
I like it as an idea, but it would quite considerably change MK, where all the current players stand and face each other in almost the same stances.

If you are aiming for a realistic depiction of any martial art, that is an unreasonable expectation. No video game ever gets it right, nor do they need to.

Feints are nothing new to fighting games. In SF, Ryu momentarily crouches before he throws a fireball; if a player is conditioned jump on reaction when he ducks, they can be punished with an anti-air or any other appropriate move. Creativity and the ability to force an opponent to play on your terms is crucial to feints.

No video game gets it right? I have to disagree with that as I think Brad Wong in DOA gets Zui Quan (drunken fist) right. Eddy gordo and Christine Capoeira in Tekken are also pretty realistic.

I like it as an idea, but it would quite considerably change MK, where all the current players stand and face each other in almost the same stances.
If done good, it could be an interesting character to master.

People seem so obsessed with returning characters, that they havent stopped to think that:

"Hey, why doesnt NRS just create a NEW character that uses Capoeira???"

I would personally love to see a cage/bare knuckle fighter in this game, but anything new (no, NOT GUEST CHARACTERS) is a good thing.

Its an awesome idea. And KrazyHugo's idea to give it to kai is perfect if they could work out how he learned it. Or a new character could use it. But regardless I would be all for it.

Possibly Kai goes on a retreat to Brazil to calm his mind and fears, and encounters a group of Capoeira practitioners? Kai is interested to learn their techniques, and in return for some Capoeira coaching, Kai teaches them a few things of his own?

Possibly Kai goes on a retreat to Brazil to calm his mind and fears, and encounters a group of Capoeira practitioners? Kai is interested to learn their techniques, and in return for some Capoeira coaching, Kai teaches them a few things of his own?

Lame but possible.

People seem so obsessed with returning characters, that they havent stopped to think that:

"Hey, why doesnt NRS just create a NEW character that uses Capoeira???"

I would personally love to see a cage/bare knuckle fighter in this game, but anything new (no, NOT GUEST CHARACTERS) is a good thing.

Yes, NRS pretty much used and improved everything they have done in the past..They have to bring new stuff to the next game IMO. I think NRS teams are pretty solid with the new members thanks to WB.

Last edited: