Official Hip-Hop/Rap Thread

Re: Rap Muzik.

IMHO every member of slaughterhouse > any1 mentioned so far.. An I can't believe Im reading ppl say they like gucci an waka!

2 of the worst "rappers" ever..lil Wayne use to be nice an prolly still can be but he's more focused on catering to mainstream dumbed down lyrics now..

Fabolous an jadakiss are top 10 alive...to me

But hey I guess Music is all about opinion.

But most the names I've heard all the way from the 1st page I would much rather cut my fn ears off than listen 2

At the moment I'd say nobody is quite on the same level as eminem and slaughterhouse, lyrically. Eminen's been up there since the get go. Love his relapse album despite what critics say. Can't stand young money rappers!

Hate to burst your bubble but Z-Ro isn't that great.

Z-RO is really good and is really underrated it fine if you don't like him but a lot of people do. His lyrics are good and has great flow and talks about a lot of troubling stuff that many people go through but everyone has a preference of who they like.

Last edited:
At the moment I'd say nobody is quite on the same level as eminem and slaughterhouse, lyrically. Eminen's been up there since the get go. Love his relapse album despite what critics say. Can't stand young money rappers!

Did you even listen to Celph? Half the time people say he's not on par with Eminem is because people don't get his Punchlines and word play. His word play is unmatched and he isn't called the "King of Punchlines" for no reason. Dude is a monster.

People still think Eminem is one of the best out there??? I didn't know we still lived in 2000.

Did you even listen to Celph? Half the time people say he's not on par with Eminem is because people don't get his Punchlines and word play. His word play is unmatched and he isn't called the "King of Punchlines" for no reason. Dude is a monster.

Cool il check this guy out. I dont really listen to underground stuff much because most of them are kinda cheesy. In terms of rap artists who are noticed by the masses then yeah Em in one of the best lyricists. But that don't mean there isn't anyone who is better than him. They just arent noticed yet. I don't really dig the post relapse eminem though. It's like he's gone a bit soft.

Things I enjoy listening to in rap are punchlines, jokes, wordplay and also serious themes like world politics and songs that generally have a positive meaning.

I listen to Eminem because he admitted everything.. admitted that he sold out for fame, money then how he now feels like he's on top, got it back and is on this track he says it himself, not because of other reasons:

Last edited:
Official Rap/Hip-Hop Thread​

I figured I would make a thread for Hip-Hop, where people can recommend artists to each other. Most of the time people look at Hip-Hop as a genre full of people who only care about money, cars, and clothes. But if you dig deep enough there is great music to be found.

Hip-Hop, also known as Rap, is a genre of music where an Emcee, or rapper expresses him/herself through the use of words with various rhyming schemes and patterns. This is done over a beat which consists of drums, a bass line, piano, etc..

There are many sub-genres of Hip-Hop/Rap as listed and described below:

Golden Age

The golden age is noted for its innovation. The thing that made that era so great is that nothing was contrived. Everything was still being discovered and everything was still innovative and new.

Key Artists: Run DMC, 2 Live Crew, Beastie Boys, Big Daddy Kane.

East Coast
In contrast to the simplistic rhyme pattern and scheme utilized in old school hip hop, East Coast hip hop has been noted for its emphasis on lyrical dexterity. It has also been characterized by multi-syllabic rhymes, complex wordplay, a continuous free-flowing delivery and intricate metaphors. While East Coast hip hop does not have a uniform sound or standard style, it tends to gravitate to aggressive beats and sample collages. Lyrical themes throughout the history of East Coast hip hop have ranged from lyrical consciousness by such artists as Public Enemy and A Tribe Called Quest to mafioso rap themes by rappers such as Raekwon and Kool G Rap.

Key artists: Nas, Notorious B.I.G., Wu-Tang Clan, Big L.

Last edited:
West Coast

West Coast rap combines sleazy funk beats with slowly drawled lyrics. This came to be known as G-funk and dominated mainstream hip hop for several years. Gangsta Rap is considered to have originated from West Coast rap. Lyrics about money, the disliking of authorities, cars and other materialistic items are found in this genre.

Key Artists: N.W.A., Tupac Shakur, Dr.Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eazy - E

Southern Rap

Stylistically, southern rap relies on exuberant production and straightforward lyrics. The dirty south form of hip-hop is more distinct for its sound and slang than for lyrical content. In an attempt to capture their stylish lifestyles on record, most southern emcees consciously incorporate car culture, fashion trends, nightlife, and unique lingo into the songs. But in every genre there are good artists, so even though Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka are considered Southern Hip - Hop, I do not recommend them unless you want to constantly hear about money, cars, "*****es and ho's" or drugs.

Key Artists: Outkast, UGK, Scarface, Ludacris.