Official Hip-Hop/Rap Thread

Re: Rap Muzik.

i don't like modern rap, but it's tolerable , i just hate that pop crap

however the only music i listen to on a daily basis is rock/metal

Rap music has destroyed the identity of black ppl.Money,Sex,Clubs,Drugs...It didnt always be so superficial.Rap Music used to be about a lot dfferent than it is today.The only one i can respect is 2pac and Eminem.Kanye West used to be about something now hes just another cookie cutter rapper.Thats all they do is talk about themselves.They rarely ever talk about anything relevent.U would think with all that money and media attention they would do somethin honorable with it.If i had that type of influence over ppl i would change the world in a positive way.

I love hip hop. I always have and always will. Here are two of my favorites at the moment:

and

Rap music has destroyed the identity of black ppl.Money,Sex,Clubs,Drugs...It didnt always be so superficial.Rap Music used to be about a lot dfferent than it is today.The only one i can respect is 2pac and Eminem.Kanye West used to be about something now hes just another cookie cutter rapper.Thats all they do is talk about themselves.They rarely ever talk about anything relevent.U would think with all that money and media attention they would do somethin honorable with it.If i had that type of influence over ppl i would change the world in a positive way.

Sounds like somebody who should invest his money in some underground hip hop. May I recommend Mr. Lif?

Juicy J is in my top 5 he is soo underrated
<- French montana is the streets
<- Damnn how i wish he made this alone
he has soooo many more good songs

Last edited:

anyone else prefer the focus on lyrical play as opposed to sounding "hard" or a complex beat?

examples:

I'm not going to lie, i used to listen to Underground Rap, and Gangster Rap. I always hated Mainstream Rap because it seemed fake to me. But then..........

One day i started listening to Metal, it was glory to my ears, so i just stopped listening Rap and been head banning since!

anyone else prefer the focus on lyrical play as opposed to sounding "hard" or a complex beat?

examples:

I'd rather listen to a lyrically talented rap group like cunninlynguists than someone with candy ass beats like Wiz Khalifa or Waka Flocka, and I hate to be the one to tell you but OFWGKTA is like ICP for hipsters, they are VERY overrated

i don't like modern rap, but it's tolerable , i just hate that pop crap

however the only music i listen to on a daily basis is rock/metal

I'm not going to lie, i used to listen to Underground Rap, and Gangster Rap. I always hated Mainstream Rap because it seemed fake to me. But then..........

One day i started listening to Metal, it was glory to my ears, so i just stopped listening Rap and been head banning since!

Okay? If you don't like or listen to rap, y'all don't have to bash in here with that!

I do agree that mainstream rap is not good tho but still, don't bash in here with all that.

I'd rather listen to a lyrically talented rap group like cunninlynguists than someone with candy ass beats like Wiz Khalifa or Waka Flocka, and I hate to be the one to tell you but OFWGKTA is like ICP for hipsters, they are VERY overrated

while the majority of OFWGKTA are overrated, I will stand by the fact that EARL is far from "ICP" for hipsters, the only place I've seen them called that is /mu/ so I'm a little shocked to see it here, either way, you can't deny the lyrical play he has on that album and nearly all of his tracks are amazing.

Wiz and Flocka aren't really what I was going for when I said lyrical focus either, more of the "deep" lyrics and slick metaphors kind of what the Slim Shady LP was like or some of the lines on Deltron 3030

I still need to listen to cunninlynguists though, good starter album or mixtape?

also the new Beastie Boys album is sick and suggest the lot of you check it out

you can listen to more than one genre.