Official Hip-Hop/Rap Thread

Re: Rap Muzik.

Obviously every one is going to have their own opinion on what is "real" hip hop. What they can relate to better than others can. To me, all the stuff posted here is what made me turn away from hip hop. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just stating my point of view. Talking about getting money, living big, buy this, slapping that, grinding to get to who knows where. Since I never lived that life, I can't really understand.

Yeah, I think hip hop died with Biggie. And I feel if he was alive, these guys who are big now will not be. Groups like Lost Boys, Wu-Tang, Grand Puba, Tribe Called Quest, Leaders of a New School, Dilated Peoples, etc, I can go on and on. But those that I listed to me is what hip hop should be. Getting together with your crew, looking out for each other, furthering yourself, and just enjoying life.

Talking about getting money, living big, buy this, slapping that, grinding to get to who knows where.

I know damn well you didn't listen to what I put up. Listen to the 1st song I posted up AND LISTEN TO THE WHOLE THING! BTW, this is a rap thread.

As a matter of fact, listen to all the songs I posted in my 1st thread.

I know damn well you didn't listen to what I put up. Listen to the 1st song I posted up AND LISTEN TO THE WHOLE THING! BTW, this is a rap thread.

As a matter of fact, listen to all the songs I posted in my 1st thread.

Yeah, I'm aware this is about rap. Just wanted to voice my opinion on it. Did I say something off topic?

And I listened to a couple of Z-ro's stuff that you posted. He's not bad. Definitely won't lump him in with Waka or Wayne. But he's just not my style.

Mortal you seem to know your stuff. Most underground artists keep it real. Don't get me wrong, I love the relaxed, good vibe hip hop like Tribe, People Under the Stairs, shit I haven't missed a Dilated show near my area since 2001. Sometimes though, I'm in one of those moods where I need to pull up my Army of the Pharaohs, or some Celph Titled and Apathy. Pretty much every artist has a song where they seem to come off as arrogant but that's just how it is. They are still keeping it real the way I see it. A big thing for me is selling yourself out, I don't care if one of the artists I like talks about getting a fancy whip or something like that. Look at Blu for example, dude is amazing but I know I've heard a couple tracks where he talks about girls as *****es and talks about getting a dope whip. Can't really judge an artist by one song.

Yeah, I'm aware this is about rap. Just wanted to voice my opinion on it. Did I say something off topic?

And I listened to a couple of Z-ro's stuff that you posted. He's not bad. Definitely won't lump him in with Waka or Wayne. But he's just not my style.

Point that out next time dude. I don't like it when people think Z-Ro is the same as other rappers. He is different.

Jax you seem to know you're stuff. Most underground artists keep it real. Don't get me wrong, I love the relaxed, good vibe hip hop like Tribe, People Under the Stairs, shit I haven't missed a Dilated show near my area since 2001. Sometimes though, I'm in one of those moods where I need to pull up my Army of the Pharaohs, or some Celph Titled and Apathy. Pretty much every artist has a song where they seem to come off as arrogant but that's just how it is. They are still keeping it real the way I see it. A big thing for me is selling yourself out, I don't care if one of the artists I like talks about getting a fancy whip or something like that. Look at Blu for example, dude is amazing but I know I've heard a couple tracks where he talks about girls as *****es and talks about getting a dope whip. Can't really judge an artist by one song.

I agree with you. Pretty ignorant to judge a person by only sampling one piece of the puzzle. And I will admit that if I hear a song from someone and that is the first thing I hear, meaning the money, cars, and all that good stuff, I probably won't bother with them again unless something about that song catches my attention. For example, Slim Shady's song Ballin Uncontrollably would make me go wtf is this? But the fact that he added a humorous twist made me enjoy the hell out of it. Hope that made sense

Point that out next time dude. I don't like it when people think Z-Ro is the same as other rappers. He is different.

Come on man, you can't hate on people not realizing that he's as cool as you think he is. Well, I guess you can, but shouldn't take it so personal.

Come on man, you can't hate on people not realizing that he's as cool as you think he is. Well, I guess you can, but shouldn't take it so personal.

Naw dude not really hating. I just thought you were trying to say Z-Ro is the same as everyone else.

Naw dude not really hating. I just thought you were trying to say Z-Ro is the same as everyone else.

Oh, no my fault. Should have explained better. Was trying to say that I think he's not bad, and better than those that are more or less popular now.

Ha! That Castlevania sample had me grinning. Nice. Snowgoons was pretty straight. Never heard of most of these guys everyone is posting. Glad I checked this thread haha

Ok, had to post this because Em did one of his nastiest verse ever. Alright, think my insomnia is over. PEACE!!!

Ha! That Castlevania sample had me grinning. Nice. Snowgoons was pretty straight. Never heard of most of these guys everyone is posting. Glad I checked this thread haha

Here's one more castlevania sample

If you've never heard of Celph, you're missing out. Lyrically no one compares (In my opinion) Check him out

Here is a part of some of my own songs. It's in Serbian, but maybe you can recognize the sample during verse in ((background)hint) :) Edit: Turn down volume a bit, it starts loudly

Last edited:

[1] Its something about DJ Premier beats that make me think of Mortal Kombat. I love listening to his beats and playing MK games.
[2]
[3] The MC on this even has a rap reference to MK on the last verse

Ohhh nooo!! Jeru and Heltah Skeltah haha. Man that takes me back. Haven't heard from these guys in a minute. Visiting this thread has made me crazy nostalgic, and looking up some old school stuff to add to my library. Had to dig up some Goodie Mob and Souls of Mischief. Good times, good times haha.