MKvsWB (MK10)

sans power

BANALITY
i enjoy mk9 a lot now and after watching how hype it was at EVO, i really want to see a UMK9 just to see this game continue to live on. however, i think with all these cross over games and seeing how hype MvC3 is, i think MK should do another cross over game. not mkvsdc, but after freddy is released they should see how well he did and they should make a MKvsWB or Cinema's Top Characters.

i think MK can exist as a cross over fighter, just like MvC, but i think to stand out as a cross over MK should do a cross over with Movie Chars/Villains. i think that would be cool as hell and that way they can do what capcom does with SF and MvC. just my opinion, i just really want to see MK9 around for awhile, that game is amazing. i just hope the freddy sales do well and hope to see another MK cross over but with an original take and have them fight those type of chars.

just a thought, what does everybody else think?

Noooooo! No more ****ing crossovers. That shit is so annoying. It's bad enough we have Kratos and Freddy in a MK game.

This thread is brought to you in part by the letters:

"N"

and

"O"

EDIT: On a more serious note, OP. I have been thinking that maybe WB and NRS could create a game solely based WB movie characters and the like. Kind of like Nintendo Smash Bros. In a way. I know I just don't want MK being tampered with again. MK only please.

No thanx. I don't mind a couple of guest characters as DLC but when you do crossovers said guest characters infiltrate the story and you end up with the hacky ****in I'm really mad and don't know why let's fight each other then team up at the end storyline that was MK Vs. DC. I'd rather let NRS have free reign over DC characters or Horror Icons and give them their own stand alone franchises. If I had to choose one IP to crossover with MK it would be Killer Instinct though. But that's a pipe dream. So all in all we know how these things turn out. But then again NRS is doin good right now. With this team they may actually be able to make a crossover work.

Some crossovers help certain series but MK DOES NOT need any more. I accepted Freddy and Kratos so other people can get into MK but if NRS continues to add guests, which I heavily doubt Freddy is the last, then MK9 will become Mortal Kombat: Mugen Edition.

Crossover is a Crossover, this BS has nothing to do with a real Mortal Kombat game, when you want to kill MK, make a crossover with the looney tunes. Are you a Crossover or MK Fan?

If we had Mk vs. KI than I would be hyped. Mk vs WB would not work, although i think a WB fighter would be sick(Freddy, Jason, etc. fighting each other would be cool).

I agree MK Vs. DC was a huge disappointment but its ignorant to think that an MK crossover couldn't work just because their 1st attempt didn't pan out. I agree with the above that KI would be awesome. If MvC can be commercially successful and accepted by fans then its possible to do it with MK.

Crossover is a Crossover, this BS has nothing to do with a real Mortal Kombat game, when you want to kill MK, make a crossover with the looney tunes. Are you a Crossover or MK Fan?

Straight MK fan but if they want to add guest characters for marketing purposes, then so be it. It will bring in people that are not fans of MK and more people means more money and more money means more DLC for MK9.

I get MK9 DLC to have a complete game, whether is guest characters or not.

MK9 has a good fighting engine, good characters, and a good storyline. It would've still been a good game if Kratos and Freddy were not part of it.

A crossover could potentially have a good fighting engine and good characters... but absolutely no story of any consequence whatsoever.

More competitive players mostly wouldn't care if the game is a crossover, or if the characters are guests. The playability is the prime concern there.

More casual players could have a bigger emotional investment in story. In this regard, MK (on its own) has one of the biggest stories in fighting game history, and crossovers offer a "Ohh, that's cool!" feeling that lasts 5 minutes.

So, considering all of that, would you mind repeating the question? :p

Last edited:
i like the idea of NRS vs WB whoever mentioned that, maybe adding all the chars they've made/worked on, including KI. so u could have all the MK favorites, KI, vs'ing Movie chars/villains.

also, i am a MK fan and have been since the classics, hence the reason i never got into the 3d ones cuz i thought they were garbage up until i played mk9 which won me over. i say cross over with MK cuz, although i enjoy the idea of having freddy in the game for many reasons, i don't want to see guest chars come in. i'd rather them do cross overs if they're going to add different chars into the game besides MK ones.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd if they do a crossover, they should definitely do something different instead of fighting comic chars, i liked MKvsWB but if they did NRSvsWB (movie chars) that would be bad ass. having fulgore, sub zero, liu, jason, freddy, and other movie icons.

just my 2 cents, i want to see a crossover before an actual MK10 sequel cuz they need to do a UMK9 cuz mk9 is the shit and needs to live on for awhile.

No. Just No. MK vs KI would grab some serious attention though.

And apart from that, what would an MKvsWB even entail?

Jason and Freddy are borderline doable, but what else does WB have? Harry Potter characters? Looney Toons? The cast of Police Academy against the Dukes of Hazard? The Olsen twins vs the Thundercats? Just have a look at their library .

I seriously don't get the attraction of such an idea.

i just dont wanna see guest chars in a main MK game anymore, freddy is gonna be cool, but i would also like to see MK chars crossover again. just cuz vsDC didn't work doesn't mean another crossover wouldn't. MK crossing over and fighting movie legends and horror icons would be sweet i think.

i just dont wanna see guest chars in a main MK game anymore, freddy is gonna be cool, but i would also like to see MK chars crossover again. just cuz vsDC didn't work doesn't mean another crossover wouldn't. MK crossing over and fighting movie legends and horror icons would be sweet i think.

MK doesn't need guests or crossovers at all. The franchise is good enough on its own.

Only one good thing came from MKvsDC: WB bought MK and Midway Chicago.

Last edited: