TRMK Fantasy Football 2011

oleg.dobrynin

Well, I'm here again to tell you guys (anyone) about the FF league I made for TRMK. There are 9 teams so far, and a maximum of 20. I know this is just gonna get merged into the NFL Thread, but before it does, I want it to get its own spot on the Hot Topics section on TRMK's home page. The league is on NFL.com, accounts take less thatn a minute to make, and the draft is live online right after preseason. To anybody who wants to join the fantasy league, here's the juice:
Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=395578
League ID: 395578
League Password: TRMKFF2011go
Hope you join and have fun in this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: TRMK Fasntasy Football 2011

Actually I don't think this will get merged. Your original thread was about the NFL lockout ending at first. That does belong in the NFL thread. This on the other hand, is an invite for more community building. It may even get stickied... (not that it really needs to in this slow forum)

Then again, I'm no expert at predicting what the mods will do, so maybe it will be merged after all..

Actually, it is a fantasy league so, no, it wont be merged with the NFL thread because it isn't completely about the NFL season....just try to limit the actual NFL talk and keep it mostly about discussing the league (and rubbing in some wins =) ) and it wont get merged.

I'm gonna check it out. I have been in a ton of fantasy leagues over the years so I might do this one.

Link says 'page not found', was it removed?

just joined as the Wonderbolts. it's going to be awsome. never donr fantasy through nfl.com. i wonder how much different it's going to be compared to espn fantasy.

Well, I usually don't do anything football involved (I usually watch college, and only barely) I'll try it. and there's two CMC's, so that should be interesting.

dude come on, pick a new team name... two of the same name will get confusing... BYoung had that one first

Well, I usually don't do anything football involved (I usually watch college, and only barely) I'll try it. and there's two CMC's, so that should be interesting.

Yeah, it would be a good idea for you to change it to avoid confusion.

Psyched is definitely the word. I wish more would join... but, on the other hand, if we actually get 20 that's going to make things REALLY difficult. We're going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel with late draft picks (though a fun challenge for sure)

My strategy usually consist of picking up decent players in the initial draft. Then using waivers to drop and add players as the season goes on. As,players get hot and cold streaks.

I was in a league last year with 14 teams and that was a bit too much. There were no decent free agents left after the draft and you had to get lucky in the waiver order if you wanted to pick up a player that was doing surprisingly well (like Peyton Hillis last year.) It could have been better but the commish of the league had too many positions per team. I say 10 or 12 is the perfect amount of teams.

I think 10 or less is too few. If everyone's got all great players, then there's too much luck involved. We've got 12 now and I like that, but we could do 14 or 16... but 20? There aren't even enough starting QB's in the league for everyone to have 2 at that point. Oleg, you may want to consider just capping it at 16 now.

I'm capping it at 16 then. I've been in FF for 3 years with only 12 teams and I know that not everyone will try as hard as me to win this, so more skilled players will get go to less teams (and the ones that care the most). The last few people probably don't care as much and the people who care the most about this are already in this. So it's done at 16 and that's a hell of a square number to work with. Plus, since we have 4 divisions, it'll be 4 teams each. And for the record, if you really want a specific player and I go before you in the draft, let me know and I'll try to hook you up as long as you pick who I want (I'm just trying to let everyone have a fun time in this). The draft is also in snake format, so for example, if there are 4 teams, picks don't go like 1234, 1234, 1234, 1234 - they go 1234, 4321, 1234, 4321 (much more fair!).