TRMK Fantasy Football 2011

Re: TRMK Fasntasy Football 2011

I'm ready!! I'm going to fine-tune my draft strategy tonight and then the CMC will be ready for action. Come January, we'll have championship trophies on our flanks!

I have an NFL fantasy team that's pretty good and a Yahoo team that had an auction draft. It was pretty crazy to be honest but I got a lot of pics. I am really excited for this league though. Maybe at the end we can have a signature saying what place we finished in? Just a thought, but not a typed signature, an actual picture signature showing "Champion" or "Scrub".

I have an NFL fantasy team that's pretty good and a Yahoo team that had an auction draft. It was pretty crazy to be honest but I got a lot of pics. I am really excited for this league though. Maybe at the end we can have a signature saying what place we finished in? Just a thought, but not a typed signature, an actual picture signature showing "Champion" or "Scrub".

Sounds cool... maybe we could get one of our resident sig artists to design them?

Also, we really need either 1 or 3 more teams to join... *glares at Jade*

I got a friend to join (McChoices) and goddammit there are only 14 teams, not the 16 4x4 divisions I had hoped for. I'm keeping track of 3 leagues now, but this is probably my favorite since it's a first come first serve draft, not like the auction in the Yahoo one I'm in. Also, I think it's just straightforward in that you just pick your team on the spot and you don't have to worry about overbidding or having to shell out 40$ on a top-5 pick (Yahoo auction starts you out with 200 fake dollars). September 3rd at noon, people!

I've never done a league that involves actually worrying about salaries. That would add a whole new element to it though, to have to budged your money and pick up players accordingly. Sounds interesting.

I had a draft for another league on Saturday. I was stuck drafting 6th out of 12 teams. I really hate being in the middle of the draft order. Ten, 11 or 12 would be better, if you ask me.

I'm cool with 14 teams. 16 is still awfully big. There's gotta be a limit to how scrubby of players we're going to have to draft

dammit i have to work the day of the draft.

Well that doesn't guarantee you won't do well. You'll just have to deal with what the autopick gives you. If you have players ranked differently than the defaults, you can actually change your rankings in advance to try and make sure you get players you want.

If you're not present for the draft, you just won't be the one picking your team. It'll be autodrafted based on the points for last season, so don't worry, you won't get a bunch of kickers and tight ends. I think it goes by the highest ranked player available. Also, to LC, hear about Foster's aggravated hamstring? :D

TRMK NFL Fantasy Football Draft is tomorrow at noon Eastern time. If you are not in the draft, the computer will autodraft your team for you. Sorry to all who are on the West coast or overseas, but to those who are on PST, 9AM is easy to wake up for. And for those who are in school, well that just sucks :T STRATEGIZE A GOOD TEAM AND REMEMBER ABOUT THE GAMES NO ONE WANTS TO BE THAT GUY WHOSE TEAM SUCKS AND WHOSE RECORD AT WEEK 7 IS 1-6. NO ONE WANTS TO BE THAT GUY WHO FORGETS TO TAKE HIS PLAYERS OFF THE BENCH FOR WEEK 1. NO ONE WANTS TO BE THAT GUY WHO MISSES THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE HE DRAFTED 5 RECEIVERS AND ONLY 2 RUNNING BACKS. Fantasy Football is really just statistics if you don't know the players, so be careful and remember, numbers don't lie! Good luck to everyone, hope everyone has fun, and GO BOLTS!

Important message for everyone in the TRMK Fantasy Football League... please read

Spoiler:
WTF ARE YOU DOING READING THIS... GET TO THE DRAFT ROOM NAO....!!!!!!

That's me. I seriously doubt you can offer a trade good enough for me to give up Foster, but you can try lol.

(I'm assuming that's why you asked)