Shang Tsung Morph Freezes MKT

Burnsy8893

When I play as Shang Tsung on Mortal Kombat Trilogy (PS1 disk) on my PS2, and perform a morph, my game freezes for a few seconds and then morphs into the character. Then when he goes to morph back into Shang Tsung, the game freezes again, and I just find this annoying. Is this due to my disk being faulty or is it because I'm on my PS2? Thanks!!

It's a common classic memory issue. The system simply can't read discs as fast as arcade PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) reading memory chips containing character data. Makes me wonder whether this problem will still persist for the MK Arcade Kollection.

EDIT: Pfft. I was more informative. :D

Okay, great, so it's common. Is there any way to fix/prevent the lag? Example.. Flash drives used as RAM, any type of settings I can configure at my main menu?

Okay, great, so it's common. Is there any way to fix/prevent the lag? Example.. Flash drives used as RAM, any type of settings I can configure at my main menu?

In the options you can select Shang Tsung's morphs to be predetermined.
Meaning when you select Shang Tsung you also select 3 warriors to morph into.

No loading required, and selecting a palette swap character allows you to use all of the palettes of said character.
So if you pick Nightwolf, Kano and Smoke.
You can morph into Nightwolf, Kano, Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke :)

Makes me wonder whether this problem will still persist for the MK Arcade Kollection.

Nope, 'cause the whole ROM will be loaded into memory when you fire up the game. Remember that each of those games is only a few MB big.