Why is MK9 still lagging???

artofgarduno

Hey guys I was just wondering why MK9 is still lagging, it was getting better for awhile but lately its been really bad with every match. I have a perfect internet connection and tested it twice.

I really think that they should do away with all the optional compatability packs and just make all patches mandatory.

I don't get lag anymore. where you live will make a difference as you may have less people locally to play.....ask any Quake3 player and anything over 25-30ms is noticeable. There is no way we are playing MK at sub 25ms, but it seems fine to me now. far, far better than it was.

I've played 5 online matches since 4/20, and each one is 100% ****. I spend an hour or 2 a day in training working on my combos so I never forget them and i get online where all my combos magicly don't work cuz of laggy bug issues? Everytime my combo fails half way and i get counter combo'ed for 30%. I'm willing to fight the best person in the world and lose because at least it's a fair fight. Online is an absolutely fail if your trying to work on your vs. human skills. I'm going to stick with 2 player local matches with my friends rather than frustrating lag times.

This is around Central Pennsylvania if area matters, because I've taken it to numerous places around a 100 mile radius from my house and the same things happened.

Sorry for complaining, I just literally refuse to play online.

I've played 5 online matches since 4/20, and each one is 100% ****. I spend an hour or 2 a day in training working on my combos so I never forget them and i get online where all my combos magicly don't work cuz of laggy bug issues? Everytime my combo fails half way and i get counter combo'ed for 30%. I'm willing to fight the best person in the world and lose because at least it's a fair fight. Online is an absolutely fail if your trying to work on your vs. human skills. I'm going to stick with 2 player local matches with my friends rather than frustrating lag times.

This is around Central Pennsylvania if area matters, because I've taken it to numerous places around a 100 mile radius from my house and the same things happened.

from my experience you are simply doing it wrong.

offline landing a combo is easy, your button presses coincide with whats happening on screen. online even with the best internet there is a ping (button delay/lag) so your presses do not synch up as well as with whats happening on screen. which means you need more then visual confirmation of your combos, you need to know how to do them blindfolded. if you can do them blindfolded, you can do them online.

This is exactly how it is for me also. I practice offline then when I get online the precision changes. That just seems to be the way it is and will always be.

from my experience you are simply doing it wrong.

offline landing a combo is easy, your button presses coincide with whats happening on screen. online even with the best internet there is a ping (button delay/lag) so your presses do not synch up as well as with whats happening on screen. which means you need more then visual confirmation of your combos, you need to know how to do them blindfolded. if you can do them blindfolded, you can do them online.

If I have to learn to play "blindfolded" online I think I will just stick to offline play.

Yesterday was too laggy, today it was very fluid. I doubt it's my connection, but whatever...

I have this same problem also. A few days ago MK was pretty much impossible to play online because of lag spikes.
And a few days later..it's perfectly fine. No idea why it fluctuates the way it does. Guess it's my time to just deal with it.

Online has made an amazing improvement from its release. Of course there are still laggy matches, but I think the problem is peoples and connection and not NRS servers. When I play online, I rarely have laggy matches or d-synchs, king of the hill de-synchs every now and then

When people talk about lag online, do you mean visual/frame or button skips? or are you talking input lag?

The only problem I get is input lag and that is in 100% of my online games, I've learnt to adapt to it, assuming NRS are going to leave it like it is.

Not sure how densly populated it is there - I live in UK and Northern Europe is many, many times more densly populated than the USA per sq mile, so many mroe local connections.

I used to know a lot of Quake3 players in the US who would have to play with 45+ pings as the best they would get whereas we would expect 30 in europe - I often played 25. At 40 you really start to notice on a twitcher, whereas games like COD you get awy with it.