Online is STILL an issue - Despite the "fixes"

I'm sure this has been brought up before on here but it's certainly worth bringing up again.

The main issue I see with the online play, coming from someone who is playing on Xbox Live, is STILL the compatibility packs. Since these are optional, it gives players the CHOICE whether to download the FREE packs or not. I have nothing against individuals who are choosing not to buy the DLC's but at least download the FREE packs. This way, we are all able to play together without seeing so many desyncronization errors. I hate trying to play online for an hour, finally connecting to a match only to find that I got set up with someone who either doesn't KNOW of the packs or is purposefully choosing not to download the packs. I've only played with Rain about four or five times online. Very frustrating.

I've sent Boon and company NUMEROUS tweets without any type of reply in regards to this.

Anyone know or have a clue WHY the packs are OPTIONAL and not MANDATORY?

I can't see a single reason for it.

Other than the online issues, this game is a masterpiece.

in truth i dont know why they are doing the compatibility stuff like this, seems odd.

on a sidenote..god..i love my ps3

Everybody doesn't have a hard drive so they wouldn't have the space for a mandatory update..at least that's the reason I heard...

But screw that I can't play online period half the time,I've been trying to play online for like 2hrs ive only got to play maybe 4 matches, it just drops ALL the time..koth & 1v1,shits pissing me off!!!

My MAIN MAIN MAIN issue with the online is this. In practice mode, and the arcade ladder, i can whip out 24 hit combos with cyrax, 15 hits with Ermac, 13 with Subby etc. but when I go online..........ppppfffttt!!! forget about it. Im getting handled by 11 year old kids who block and button mash!! The issue is the button delay. It's a killer. I was playing the other day, and I was playing with Cyrax. I was tossong bombs out of my chest when I was tryin to throw the net, or I will start a kombo, and then I just stop. I stop to get blocked and uppercutted. My internet connection is great. I have a main wired fios connection. Does anyone deal with this crap too, and do u think it will ever be fixed??or are the servers just not good enough?

Yea I can't do more than maybe a 6 hit combo with any1 online I main cyrax an most of my combos just stop an I get blocked

Just simple combos won't work for me,like I'll start a combo wit 3 3,net...but there is such a delay the net gets block an just like that combo over..

But like I said b4 half the time I can't even play..

Button lag, desynchs, and compatability packs.

Button lag sucks period, no matter what you are playing.
The desynchs happen a lot randomly, I'll choose the characters alternate costume and it still desynchs.
Pissed so many people still haven't downloaded the compatability packs. Or when they only download one pack just for the costumes they want. Like wtf.

i definitely dont want them to make the patch mandatory now that freddy is in the game. i have all the dlc characters except freddy and i'm willing to deal with the FEW people that dont have any of the packs than be forced to see freddy krueger online.

The compatibility packs are NOT large files at all. Making them mandatory would not be an issue. If that's the reason NRS put out - really stupid.

Just message the people that you come across without the pack. Everyone I have messaged says they will do it, nobody will turn down free costumes.

i have alot of problems with button, and general mechanics of the game ****ing up like when people are crouch blocking and i hit a jump punch or overhead it still blocks it. Sub Zeros 2,2,2 for example

I feel ya on the desync deal. Almost always happens when I select an alt costume.

As far as Cyrax combo's go I can hit all mine online. Ermac is a little more challenging to land the three hit combos after a slam, jump kick, teleport combo, but it's doable.

That's true ..... despite they (NRS) give , theorically, "free pass" for the end-user decide if :

- wants to buy the DLC content avaliable;
- or just download the free compatibility pack
- or do neither : "I don't want to buy it, and I don't want to download the FREE compatibility pack. Go **** yourself !! XD" lol !!

This cause problems when people want to pratice online with new character, in order to get used playing against humans players, to improve skill ....

Now, some people will not download Freddy, and this will be a mess, because will impact who is aiming to play with Unmasked Sub-Zero and the other free klassic kostume. Shame on that ....

If you have both the classic skin pack and individual pre-order skins, you need to delete the individual pre-order skins (if you have desyncs pre-match.)
Random mid-match desyncs I still occasionaly have though, but no more pre-match ones after deleting pre-order dlc.

Desynch still sucks too. Sometimes, people will pick Smoke, Sonya, or Styker and the game desynchs. Really weird, but I sort of like playing Smoke and the fact that the game doesn't let me play him online is a bummer.

Other than that, people decline me ALL the time. It's not because of lag. Some guy, XXtuntunXXPR, said to me after a match 'I have to save my record. gg.' Really? Player matches are srs business now? My record is pretty good being that it's about 1130/581 or someting, but I still get beat, people still destroy me 2-0, I still make mistakes, and I'm still learning new strategies all the time. The player match record is already bogus in the essence that you can boost it by playing private matches.

Agree with the OP 100%. My only gripe right now are the damn desyncs. I mean, a lot of us bought the classic outfits and we can't even use them. Yesterday my friends and I joined a public KOTH lobby. 3 times in a row I waited, won my first match, and before the 2nd one began got desynced. Then I'd re-join and be at the back of the line again. Terrible!!

And whats up with the desyncs MID-GAME? I can understand desyncing before the match because of pack issues but come on! It happened like 3 times to me last night.

I've never desynced during a match. I've had a few before the match. I downloaded both of the compatibility packs, but I haven't paid for any DLC yet.

My biggest problem has been button input. It would be nice to land Kitana's 2-1-2 more consistently.

The compatibility packs are NOT large files at all. Making them mandatory would not be an issue. If that's the reason NRS put out - really stupid.

It's not just a reason put out by NRS, it's Xbox policy you can't make any download mandatory because not everyone has the same capacity. If someone has a Xbox without a HD and you make a mandatory download, you run the risk of making a game unplayable for a paying customer and MS won't allow that.

There's many things NRS should be held accountable for with the online issues, this is not one of them.

I feel that these compatability packs should be mandatory because they compromise the experience of a huge part of the community. I don't see how this is any different than any other patch. The HD space issue I feel is just an excuse.