MK9 is good and all, but anyone else been craving to play the older games?

Kaleko Sparx

MK1 and MK2 are probably my most favorite MKs of all time. I haven't played them in years, either.

I'm pumped for the Arcade Kollection. Nostalgia's gonna hit me so hard.

I prefer MK9 anyday. The other MK's are in the past, I just dont find any good reason to play them again having MK9.

I have the original mortal kombat for sega genesis, to be honest, it is pretty fun ^-^
But yeah, mk9 all the way.

I will always love the old games. They have a special place in my heart <3.

But MK9 is my favorite game minus the online play.

I still have my old Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and have UMK3 (I think it's that one) and MK2, in every way MK9 surpasses what you get in those old games. The graphics are of course better, but also the gameplay is faster, smoother and there is better character choice and variation.

I'm 36 and ripe for nostalgia, but not when it's done so much better with a newer version that also retains what made the old so great.

MK9 all the way.

i'd play them if it was actually possible to beat the dang ladder lol

i sucked too much at the game to ever advance :-(

I've been kicking myself for missing MK3 on XBLA, so, I'm incredibly pumped about the Arcade Collection. I have not played MK1 in over a decade.

I still have my old Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and have UMK3 (I think it's that one) and MK2, in every way MK9 surpasses what you get in those old games. The graphics are of course better, but also the gameplay is faster, smoother and there is better character choice and variation.

I'm 36 and ripe for nostalgia, but not when it's done so much better with a newer version that also retains what made the old so great.

MK9 all the way.

Dude, MK9 and MK3 have the same characters except that MK9 doesnt have Cyber Smoke but has Kenshi, Skarlet, Kratos and Cyber Sub-Zero, what "character choice variation" do you talk about? MK9 has more chars than UMK3.

This happens to a lot of good games, not just MK. All I played before MK9 was Halo 1 and 2 and COD 2 and 4. And a lot of Gamecube games on Wii. I wish I had enough Wii points to buy Super Smash Bros for N64 on Wii, but I have MK9 to play now

i cant wait to get the mk arcade collection iv wanted to play MK (the 1st one that is... sadly never got a chance to play it) i hav MKII on psn \m/ but UMK# i did play the sh!t out of back in the day(when i was like 7-8) and i need this "HD" port sooo bad even tho MK9 is awesome nostalgia & th MK fight stick (since i hav the MK9 version) is irresistible

The old games have shitty AI, u just dont enjoy ladder. I just spam with the zeros brothers (Unmasked sz, masked sz and noob saibot) and i hate spamming...The first 2 games dont have combos, who would want to play a boring comboless beat'em up? (unless it's for nostalgia). Frankly the only reason I was ever going to buy the KE was for the HD upgrade but since they decided to screw it, well screw them im not buying it. Did u see on gamespot how the KE looks retarded ? They didnt make any effort whatsoever...

MK9 is the best, not just MK or beat'em up but video game to date for me.

MK1, 2 and 3 are as good as MK9 for me.

I just adore MK1. Seriously. Still play it up until this day on snes.
MK II is fantastic, I played it a lot last year.
MK3 will always be a favourite of mine and it had my favourite MK character back then: Motaro, who is still missing in MK9.

But I REALLY like MK9, I just wish Motaro was there to complete the "nostalgic" feeling, now that we got Rain.

Dude, MK9 and MK3 have the same characters except that MK9 doesnt have Cyber Smoke but has Kenshi, Skarlet, Kratos and Cyber Sub-Zero, what "character choice variation" do you talk about? MK9 has more chars than UMK3.

The way the characters played in the old games were almost exactly the same aside from their special moves. The palette swap ninjas all have the same normal moves, whereas the new game has none of this. All of the characters have their own moves.

This mk rocks...
But yea...in the past games, at least we have Havik, Reiko, Fujin....
DLC please.