Your MK confessions

[sek]

Was thinking about this the other day, thought I'd create a thread for something you've never shared regarding the MK series.

Here's mine, and it may come as a surprise considering my username:

I hated MK3.

When it was released, I was stoked, MK 2 was (and still is) my favorite of the series and I couldn't wait for the next one. When I saw it in the arcade, I felt like a lot of people felt about Freddy in MK9 only times a million. I hated how they abandoned the martial arts movie feel of the first two games in favor of a more gritty, urban look. I didn't like most of the new characters, I absolutely HATED Stryker, he even looked like a doof in his VS screen pose. I didn't even like the font they used for the game, looked too generic for my tastes when compared to the Asian style used in MK2.

It didn't help that Scorpion was my main character in the first two games and he wasn't anywhere to be found. The internet wasn't as all knowing as it is now so I didn't realize at the time there were issues with the actors who played the characters that were missing, all I knew was my main dude was gone. That's why I started using Sektor, I needed a new main dude, and he looked the coolest of the new guys.

UMK3 did fix some of my concerns, mainly the missing characters, but all in all it's still my least favorite game of the series. All of the above and other things too, like fatalities causing explosions with 10 sets of arms and legs, the RUN BUTTON...I could go on.

I was happy when MK4 came out just because it didn't keep the look that MK3 started. Yeah, the entry to 3D had its own challenges, but at its core it was a return to the MK we all knew and loved.

So what other deep, dark MK secrets are people holding back around here? Is Special Forces your favoritest MK game of all time? Do Animalities make you tingly? Inquiring minds want to know.

honestly i remember playin (some for of 3 albeit unk3 trilogy ect.) but MK II was the onne that got me o style i uderstood what they wer mean9ing and in MK3 it seeemed cheapent buy the "gritty" / & ,or realism aproach i was familar with then but hated wver since especially after mk34 which was the last game i played until (ironicly my roomate got vs dc exactly oe month v4 mk9 1dt trailer lol) so i was out of the loop mk wise since trilogy came out i played n hated 4 so mk 3 and b4 (especial mk mythologies sub zero ...) as the best everythig teken inspired after is what ever i played killer instinct gold then lol

Ok. Everytime I think about playing as Jade, I always wanted to have her staff impale a male victim's butt. That's my dirty (not so) secret about MK. lol ;-)

My confession is... I am not good at using any male character, but the females... I know how to use them all!

My confession: in 1998 I thought crappy MK4 to be quite good game and able to bi**slap Virtua Fighter & Tekken :/ I got wiser after year of playing.

-The MK male ninjas were some of my first gay crushes as a kid.

-I really haven't played much of MKII.

-I still have a crush on some of the male ninjas. 0.0

-I spam the shit out of uppercuts. Mostly because they're so badass and I'd like to uppercut someone in real life. Sigh

My first real exposure to MK was last year. I had played them in the arcades as a little kid, but I was too young to understand the controls. So when I bought my PS3 I was looking for some co-op games, and I stumble across Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. Yep, that was my first MK game, and I still think it was a good game, no matter what people think.

I hated mk as a series until this game( just a secret guys) When a friend told me about this game i laughed and told him not to buy it ( i thought it would suck). Now mk9 is one of my favorite games of all time, im glad i was proven wrong. Btw nasty that was a really funny confession.

Most people don't give a damn about any new character from Deadly Alliance on, but for me, it's more like MK3 on. The cyber-ninjas? Fine. Ermac, totally. Everyone else? Don't care. MK4's characters in particular absolutely bore the hell out of me.

So there's my confession: MK2 was the last time I really gave a shit about the new characters.

I always wanted teeth like Baraka and Mileena lol

And I can't play as Boy's unless I can SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Last edited:
I quit if I dont like how youre playing. Arrogant? Yeah. Do I do it alot? No. You got to really bore me for me to not want to play

umm...I might totally get flamed for this lol but:
- I LOVED the 3D MK games(mk4-mkd. hated MKA)
-im a beast in mk 9 with females only lol. I can't use any males except ermac, smoke, rain and kenshi
-im getting krueger
-mained kitana since MKII
-i liked mkvdc..for a little while.
-MK trilogy was my fav old mk.
- even tho mk annihilation is a horrible movie..
- i don't mind watchin it. I think I get a pleasure out of the stupidity lol.

don't flame me too hard..but begin

My confessions:

MKT is my favorite 2D MK game(until MK9) while MKD is my favorite 3D MK game.

Loved the first movie but hated the second one due to the fact that they tried to stuff everyone from the original Trilogy into a movie that should have been based off of MKII.

I still remember every cheat code from MKT on the N64 (still have it..)

My ex-girlfriend looks like Jade. :p

Rarely went to arcades and played MK. Only time I played was if I was going to the movies. I was always a console-player.

this the one that will get me killed I liked mkvsdc and would like a sequel

That's probably a more commonly held belief than you realize. Truth is, it was a pretty good game that gets (somewhat) unfairly bashed because of the whole T rating issue and "Heroic Brutalities". Let's face it, it would be pretty messed up seeing Superman rip someone to shreds.

However I think the T rating allows for more violence than MKvsDC showed, so since they're under the same corporate umbrella now it might not be outside of the realm of possibility. Ed seems pretty sour on the whole idea, but I really think that was due more to Midway falling apart right when the game released more than any faults of the game itself.

I hated Johnny Cage until I saw Linden Ashby's portrayal in the first movie. Now he's my favorite. <3

i think deception is the best mk. that and i would like to get a bj from mileena. you would just have to work it between the teeth. but seriously mk deception is my favorite. i just hayted darrius, kira and kobra. shred-zero was awesome and shujinko kicked ass. heck shujinko's second costume was the master of the flying guillotine, right down to his brick patterned sash and neck pouch.

I have never disliked an MK game! I enjoyed MK vs. DCU for a little bit of time so that still kounts.

I always thought Reptile was my favorite because of how awesome he always looked in the 3-D games. But then I remembered Johnny Cage in MKT and was hooked on him. Before I stumbled upon how kool Reptile looked, I thought of how awesome Johhny Cage was being an action star. And in MKA how he gathered up all the Forces of Light for Armageddon made him look like a mature leader. JOHNNY CAGE FTW!