Too bad, really.

whatashame

Such a long hiatus from the forum world seems to have driven the last nail in the coffin of this once popular (and populated, for that matter) site. Gone are the days of logging in and finding 30+ registered users online and 50 or more lurking guests.

The high side to it all is the forums that were spawned out of TRMK's original heyday. MKOdyssey, which houses many of the original members, still goes strong after all of this time (and all of it's incarnations), leaving in the dust the remnants of MKRok, MKWarehouse, Gummy's Place, and the many other boards that were initiated and ultimately destroyed by the mythical FOGET himself (reptile329, for anyone who never figured that one out).

For that, I'd like to thank the administration of TRMK. Although your departure from the community seems to have caused irreversible damage to the overall traffic of the board, it also brought a community of strangers closer together in the long haul. I can honestly say that because of you, I've actually met alot of people that, whom although I may never meet face to face, I call friends.

Peace.

whatashame said:
The high side to it all is the forums that were spawned out of TRMK's original heyday. MKOdyssey, which houses many of the original members, still goes strong after all of this time (and all of it's incarnations), leaving in the dust the remnants of MKRok, MKWarehouse, Gummy's Place, and the many other boards that were initiated and ultimately destroyed by the mythical FOGET himself (reptile329, for anyone who never figured that one out).

Peace.
Holy crap, WAS, I had almost forgotten about the whole "FOGET" incident. Good times. It was annoying as fuck when the boards went down though, but yeah, good times.

I think you are jumping to conclusions... but I do agree the boards being down for a while hurt us, but hopefully we wont have that problem again. We keep more backups of the boards now. It wasn't a voluntary action by any means.

The hordes of newbies have not helped the plight of the once great TRMK either. Having held off on writing a thread similar to this one for a while now myself, it would seem that this is the place for posting my own views on the subject in question.

The current TRMK members, not the old school ones who have returned, but the complete newbies, have no clue what they're missing, and what they missed. What they missed is one of the best communities I have ever had the privilege of visiting, to say nothing of being perhaps the most prolific member ever of. They missed a place where there was narry a minute in between new posts, where flamewars went on for hours and days until, of course, Pat or another admin cut them short, where old school members accepted newbies with brains with open arms, and rejected those without with closed fists.

Mayhap, with time, this site will return to its once pristine origins. Until that day comes, don't expect to see too many posts from yours truly here. They say time heals all wounds, and once it does, the Immortal shall return. Until then, look for me and all of the old schoolers at MKO, and good luck to you lot.

Nicely put, RF.

It's a shame; I thought this forum would have kept its peak that it first had when it reopened a few months ago. I guess, like all new forums, it enjoys a short span of high post-counts and many members online, only to face its seemingly-inevitable downfall only a few weeks or months later.

Well, it was nice posting here, but this forum really has died out.

:-/

I'm stayin',along with MKO though(it's the place I've been the longest).but I think there may be another surge of people comming here once the GC version is out,and it seems as though Khan will be back so that'll spark up plenty of Good Konversation.until then this board may not be as active but it's certainly not dead yet.

Eh, I really think it's only a phase. I remember this was the case with MKOdyssey when TRMK first came up. All the intelligent topics were here, and MKO was used just as a spamming/flaming forum. There weren't really any topics at MKO I wanted to post in. I just lurked there like I am doing here now. Then something happened (I'm still not sure what), and the intelligent topics here died, and MKO regained my interest again. This is exactly what happened with another forum I visited, but I've yet to become interested in it again. It just might be me and how I tend to over use things and make them boring after awhile like playing a game for over 50hrs in a week then never touching it for a few months.

I don't have MKD, so discussing that is pretty much out of the question for me. I've only played it once, and none of the other categories here really catch my interest, which would only leave me to posting in the general section and asking really noobish questions in the MKD section like "Is Kahn in MKD?"

But yeah, I think over time this place will pick up again. Others might be like me and just taking a break from it for now.

TRMK is basically somewhat starting over, but I assure or so I hope that if we continue to at least try and keep the interest going it will continue to the glory days.

It could possibly be because MKDA was the newest MK game to hit the next generation consoles which sparked alot of excitment.

I'd have to agree with most of the thoughts expressed so far. I remember having a whole lot of fun here "back in the day", probably the most I've had at any message board.

I'll give it time, though. There's still a good chance that it'll pick up again, and I'm fine with sticking it out until then.