How do you rate others in KOH?

Stego

As much as I like KOH mode, most of the time I just get desyched. However, when it works, there is certain behavior that makes me want to uprate/downrate people:

Voice obviously too young to be playing an M-rated game -4
Microphone on, constantly transmitting every bit of background noise in their house -5
- Part of that noise is little kids screaming in the background -5 and mute
Close fight +5
Chose a different charater than the previous round +2
Chose Scorpion -3 (I love Scorp, but he is waaay overplayed)
Beat the current king +2
Showboating or wasting time when he obviously outclassed opponent -4
Chose one of the least-played characters (Sheeva, Sindel, Sector) +1
Played Shang Tsung +2
Demonstrated good sportsmanship by not rating opponent 0 when losing earlier round +4

What makes all of you in the MK community give positive/negative scores?

I usually just throw out 10s. The scoring system is useless and loses its novelty when people just end up boosting for trophies.

I give a baseline vote of 7. Nothing wowed me, but you also weren't a total tool. If they show me something cool I was totally unprepared for, I'll happily hand out a 10. If they just spam or otherwise show next to no skill, I got 5. If they're just an asshat, I give out a 0. I'm not quite as cut and dry with my votes as that, but that's the gist of it. I try to vote fair is all. I hate when I get a 0 just because I beat a sore loser.

I rate certain descriptions to be fairHere is my way of Rating:
=================================================================
Ratings: 1.0 - 3.0
1.0: Extreme Spammers - Preferable Smoke, Reptile, Noob, Ermac, Kenshi, And Kratos
2.0: Glitchers who do Infinites
3.0: People who -Let the others win- and/or have rude comments sent out by PS3 or Mic

Rating 4.0 - 7.0
7.0: Spam only A little or a little too much.
6.0: Decent battle, but Spams the '9 or above' Kombo's through all rounds.
5.0: People who go on the mic and try to distract you to catch you off guard.
4.0: People who don't try and, if they do try, and Succeed or Lose, Send harshful Messages with horrible grammar.

Rating 8.0 - 10.
10:Fantastic battle, No spam, just the right mix of Kombat.
9.0:Very good battle, but could have loosened up a bit on the Special moves
8.0:Good mix, interested in the way of your plays, and Might need a bit more work on training.

=================================================================
I do It in interesting ways. but remember this list if me and you (Whoever is reading this and has a PS3) go on KOTH in some point in time. ^-^

Lets see:

- 1 to 7 for the quality of the fight.
- +2 if the opponent does not perform a fatality.
- +1 if the opponent performs a flawless victory on me.

Nope. I like my games fast and productive. I'm not going to give points for something that requires no skill.

i only rate the person i directly played against.

i don't rate others while i'm sitting in line. usually, if i'm in line, i'm not sitting at my tv...i'm talking to others on the phone, in person, walking around the house, surfing the net, eating, etc and my controller is just laying on the couch.

Did they spam? If they did, I give them a 5.

Did they perform a Fatality? If they did, I give them a 5.

Did they perform combos? If they did, I give them a 5.

Did they not perform Combos? If they did not, I give them a 5.

Did they turtle? If they did....

I do It Distinctly, I posted exactly what i do a couple of posts up, If anyone ever plays me in KOTH, Read my post to understand my Rating. ^^

If I feel the player has exceptional skill with a given character, I'll give them anywhere between 7-10, but If they trash talk or show bad sportsmenship (being a sore winner or teabagging) I dont give them anything more than a 5.

Spamming/ zoning isn't something I really take into account. I feel it's a legitimate strategy that exploits a weakness in the other players game. If I get zoned out by another player, it's my fault and I need to change my game if I'm going to beat them, so I treat others the same way.

Here's how I give scores:

You won and didn't give a 0 to someone previously: 10
You gave someone else a 0 in an e-rage earlier: 0

If I feel the player has exceptional skill with a given character, I'll give them anywhere between 7-10, but If they trash talk or show bad sportsmenship (being a sore winner or teabagging) I dont give them anything more than a 5.

Spamming/ zoning isn't something I really take into account. I feel it's a legitimate strategy that exploits a weakness in the other players game. If I get zoned out by another player, it's my fault and I need to change my game if I'm going to beat them, so I treat others the same way.

Bravo.. someone that takes it to a spammer or owns it if he mucks up.

I just watch the game. I judge how they play based on being honorable or being cheap. 0-10's are all mixes.

First thing I do when I go in is put everyone on mute. I freaking hate mics on this game as most people are tools.

Then I score accordingly. If high levels of skill are shown, I score high. HATE the ppl that rate high, then score 0 to someone because that good player beat them.

I just rate it like you would rate anything... nvr ever give a 9/10 only use them for exception comebacks or regular crazy combos or something.. make it rare so it has meaning when used. the go down from there.. the average game gets 4 for me. I score highest on combacks it seams. Also i always score higher on less used toons.

I usually just throw out 10s. The scoring system is useless and loses its novelty when people just end up boosting for trophies.

agreed, adding a trophy for this stat ruined it.. it amazes me that people boot at all for something so trivial... but many do. This rating thing was a cool idea, but it is now really meaningless.

I'll give them 10 if they dont spam, do a finisher, and some cool combos

I'll give them a 5 if they win, do a finisher, spam a little.

I'll give them a 1 if they SPAM, and no finisher.