this character vs. that character is a chess match :)

ENIGMA86

i don't know about you guys but i ran into a lot of chess match lately....a chess match is one where you and the opponent turtling and waiting for each other to make a mistake...in other words you respect your opponent's skill as much as he respect yours....

when i pick Cyrax and if my opponent pick Subby or another Cyrax, it's going to be a chess match...a lot of subby players like to hide behind their ice clone and play a little defensive...Cyrax can do the same by planting a bomb right in front of him preventing the opponent from approaching...i've play many good matches with good subby and Cyrax player and a lot of the time i feel like it's a chess match...we're playing very defensive and take advantage of a simple mistake made by our opponent..and when you're in a chess match, you also wanna keep track of the time because you don't want to be the one with the lower life bar because when time runs out, you lose...so a lot of the time you will be playing with your skills, strategies and the times lol...it's funny when the times about to run out and the ones with the lower life bar have to do a rush down..i don't know about you guys but i enjoy chess match like that...it sounded boring but it's actually pretty fun because when someone made a mistake, they'll eat a whole combo..i also found myself in a chess match if i pick Mileena and someone pick subby, Kung Lao, Ermac or another Mileena...

do any of you have similar experience?

i had many situations like that.I play also with cyrax.I had this kind of situation with kung lao ,Mileena,Sub and many times with ermac.Yesterday i had like 3 matches with good ermac players.... and many times have been time running out.For me its also nice.Cause its more mind game and i like it.

i have chess matches against ermac's cuz i dont wanna go all out . Because if he retaliates when i make a mistake, he retaliates hard.

thats true....u cant get very close to good ermac player.... need to stay far and make situation where he makes mistake.
Then u can punish with combo

yeah that is true with Ermac..almost every Ermac i've met have been a chess match except for those who spam teleport...good Ermac player can always pull over 30% combo damage every time they catch you so it's hard to rush them lol..same with human subby

Chess matches are always fun when you really need to be careful about what you do. Those always bring a smile to my face.

I've ran into alot of runners lately. Very un-enjoyable fights.

I've had similar situations, yeah. I love them, mostly because I really felt like I earned a victory when I straight up out think my opponent. I main Sub-Zero and while I can see Sub-Zero's strong offense, his counter game is where it's at for me. Matches against good players rocking Cyrax, Ermac, Kenshi, Mileena, and other similar characters can often turn into matches where the outcome is very dependent upon who plays smarter. Those are definitely my favorite; the smart matches.

A chess game with only 3 kinds of ..... moves :

- Attack
- Counter-Attack
- Defense

- You keep the first, you are in advantage
- You keep the second, "it's your turn"
- You keep the third, probably , gonna lose it