Unmasked Sub-Zero Discussion

battle_scarz13

So according to testyourmight.coms forum. A TYM insider @SDCC says MK3 Sub Zero will be coming with the demon of dreams Freddy Krueger when he is released Aug. 9th. What do you guys think? Is this fact or fiction? And if it is true is it an alt for cyber sub zero?

http://twitpic.com/5ts0ut
Edit: Officially confirmed from footage at the SDCC MK Tournament. UnMasked Sub Zero seems to be a mix of MK3 and UMK3 Sub-Zero and according to footage is an alt for Sub-Zero and not CSZ. Now the question is who is the 2nd skin in the "Freddy Krueger" compatibility pack?

Last edited:
Re: MK3 Sub Zero coming with Freddy?

I hope so Unmasked Sub Zero and MK3 Cyber Smoke should be in the compatibility pack

what one Klassic? Sounds very odd... Unless FREDDY comes with an Alternate and it's the Robert England Alt... Now that would ROCK! Both FREDDY's Oh Yeah!

Good, now I don't have to download the compatibility pack. I hate Freddy and I hate Unmasked Sub-Zero!

I'm not sure if its gonna be the unmasked version or the MK3 lOok like ermac and scorp. I'd prefer him un-masked though.

I hope so! The hardcore MK fans deserve a little bit of fan service too don't they? And yes, he really should be the alt for Cyber-Subby. I'm a little disappointed that it's not klassic Sonya or J-Cage, but what can you do? Beggars can't be choosers, right?

It looks like tonight after the Comic-Con tournament we will get a video posted showing Unmasked Sub-Zero.

I have MK 1 Sub-Zero and Costume #2 (Bi-Han)
I have all I need as far as Sub-Zero goes.

It's not enough to make me get the compatibility pack.
I'm sticking by my guns on this one.

what one Klassic? Sounds very odd... Unless FREDDY comes with an Alternate and it's the Robert England Alt... Now that would ROCK! Both FREDDY's Oh Yeah!

Im seriously frickin EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDD that Freddy Kreuger is going to be the 4th DLC... Let me tell you why...

I am obsessed with 2 things when it comes to entertainment...
1) Mortal Kombat
2) A Nightmare on Elm Street (ANYTHING FREDDY KREUGER!!!)

... Wow... I honestly feel that this game is complete for me now! I am glad they chose Freddy over Jason in selection (seeing as how WB owns the rights to BOTH franchises...)

Perhaps Jason will be another future DLC...

I remember hearing rumors about Freddy and Jason being DLC this Halloween... but I was like, yeaaaaaaaaaa righttttttttt.... and then today I almost had a frickin HEART ATTACK when my gf told me that Freddy is the 4th DLC... Holyyyyyyyy crappppppppppppppp, I get goose bumps just thinking about it... Thank you NRS and WB!!! You truly are the BEST! Mortal Kombat will ALWAYS BE THE BEST FIGHTER in my books!!!! And I really, REALLY just wished that they chose "Robert Englund" Freddy instead of "Jackie Earle Haley's" version... Robert Englund will and ALWAYS will be the only one TRUE MR. KREUGER!

:p

Man, I cant wait for Aug 9th... Im gonna be Freddy all day EVERYDAY!!! Whoooooooooot!!!!

To everyone saying it will be a cyber sub alternate, highly unlikely... Unless unmasked sub zero can teleport, and self destruct (fatality)

Something good will come out of this awful 4th DLC.

However, I don't see why unmasked Sub-Zero should be an alternate for Cyber Sub-Zero when Cyber Sub-Zero should have been an alternate himself for Sub-Zero.