Unmasked Sub-Zero Discussion

Re: MK3 Sub Zero coming with Freddy?

That costume is AWESOME except for the fact that he's unmasked. If he had a mask that would have been my 2nd favorite outfit in the game right under MK3 Cyrax. Thanks for ****ing it up NRS.

That costume is AWESOME except for the fact that he's unmasked. If he had a mask that would have been my 2nd favorite outfit in the game right under MK3 Cyrax. Thanks for ****ing it up NRS.

Off-topic, but you sure did make that avatar fast :p.

Just give me a MK2 Sub-Zero and I won't complain about anything else in this game!!!

This is just a bad rumor. What sense would it make to have an unmasked version of SZ who was completely different character from the first SZ. And skins haven't been coming with DLC characters. They have but seperate and if it was just a skin there would be news of another character with it. Smells like a publicity stunt. I would think NRS would save unmasked SZ for the next game since they turned the original into CSZ.

This is just a bad rumor. What sense would it make to have an unmasked version of SZ who was completely different character from the first SZ. And skins haven't been coming with DLC characters. If it was just a skin there would be news of another character with it. Smells like a publicity stunt. I would think NRS would save unmasked SZ for the next game since they turned the original into CSZ.
Bad rumor? Someone already snapped a pic at Comic Con.

9ulvti.png

I'd prefer that he was masked, but I am happy that this is coming out. It's nice that they're doing it, of course, and hopefully, this means that we'll get UMK3 ninja costumes for all the male ninja in the future. That is essentially my sole request. I'll take the MK2 male ninja and MK2 Mileena, and any other alts they give us, but UMK3 ninja would satisfy me completely.

Bad rumor? Someone already snapped a pic at Comic Con.

9ulvti.png

I stand corrected. Thanks for the pic. Couldn't find one anywhere. That's cool, but just dumb. Unmasked SZ was always different and had ice showers. Any idea if he has the scar?

I hope they make him masked too (true UMK3 costume), I'd love that costume for a chnage though I like more the MK9 versions.

I have been dying for an unmasked Sub-Zero, and also his UMK3 outfit....fair to say that I got both in one. Lol.

Since Subby is unmasked in his UMK3 outfit, what about if Scorpion is also unmasked with his UMK3 outfit? His could be a flaming skull for a head. That would be a pretty cool pack. =)

It's not true classic MK3 Sub-Zero, he should have naked torso. Generally he sucks, looks like he's from this idiotic Defeders of the smtn cartoon. His face is similar to Superman. Judging by screenshot this skin is a failure.

i think i would have rather had a true rendition of MK3 Sub-Zero with the blue suspenders and no undershirt and whatnot.

although this version (looks like UMK3 + maskless) looks pretty cool too. if bundled with cyber-smoke (hopefully new, not just MK3 palette swap) then i will be a happy camper!

The second of Unmasked Sub's pair must be related to him. Two options - Cyber Smoke or Inferno Scorpion (the one with burning skull), UMK3 is too cheap.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the pic. Couldn't find one anywhere. That's cool, but just dumb. Unmasked SZ was always different and had ice showers. Any idea if he has the scar?

Why is it dumb?

Everyone who doesn't download the compatability pack is a selfish *******. You don't like freddy, cool I respect that, but if I payed for him because I like him then I should be allowed to play as him online.

Looks like it's not fake. Would be also cool to see unmasked Scorpion with scull, or even Hanzo Hasashi as second one! Or even unmasked Smoke, why not?

Last edited:

WHY cant e'one stop complaining! As long as NRS keeps releasing costume packs, (as a loyal MKer) i'ma keep downloading. Im happy they're even giving us as much as they are! Its variety! If you don't like em DONT #*(&$%ING DOWNLOAD EM!!! you dont HAVE to like em!!
Blazblue characters come with 10 different colours to choose from, you can download 2 more palettes (10 in each) but they cost £5 ea.! i wannem, just not YET lol But i wont write to ARC system works and complain about it!
Just be happy they're putting in as much effort as they are. it could ended as Quan and CSZ as secrets n thats it.
/rant :vroam:

side note: Emac, Reptile and RAIN please :turbonaughtdy_1: