Fourth DLC Character Revealed To Be Freddy Krueger

The cast of MK Trilogy is COMPLETE! Every MK game after that wasn't called the "Good Ol' Days". That's called "The Great Depression."

I'm aware the trilogy is complete and it was the dark ages of MK after that. I do however think some characters from post MK3 would have been cool. Kenshi seems to fit. I was hoping for an MK4 char ( Fujin or Shinnok). It might not have been the glory days of the MK franchise but MK4 was released on console 13 years ago. The "good ol' days" statement refered more to that time in my life. Guess I should of worded that better. Peace

I'm trying to get over the pain of the 4th DLC, because I was hoping for Frost, Tanya or a female Tarkatan who was born Tarkatan not like Mileena (Genetics).

Luckily, for everyone who doesn't want him in their game, he's a lot easier to ignore than Kratos. Avoid the compatibility pack and you won't even have to fight against him.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. This like....invisible punishment for people that like Freddy or want to play as him, and the people who insist on somehow boycotting this by not dl'ing the compatibility pack to punish everyone else. I'd understand that people wouldn't want him in the game, but not playing against him, or allowing other to use him against you is seriously remedial, and I hope that in the coming weeks people will cool off a lot more and think a lot more clearly and remember this is just a game, and he holds no definitive place in the MK universe other than a guest character who was put there for fun and shock value. I could understand if he were intertwined within the story or was going to show up in MK10 as a permanent character but c'mon dude seriously. "I refuse to download some free costumes and a pack that allows people to play the character they paid for so I can prove how much I hate Freddy Krueger being in this game." Really...

HAHAHA wow they actually did it?!?!! Holy crap! Jason has to be next right?

Everything but his x-ray looks amazing though, without judging him because he isn't an MK character.

Some of you guys want Jason? Freddy is much more fit than Jason. Jason would walk really slow and wear a mask. What else does he have? Some of you guys need to do your classic horror flick research. I'm happy, Freddy is cool. I've seen a guy on here posting a Freddy picture before the announcement, nice guess. I just didn't see anything special when it came to combos or special moves. He looks like Baraka with a teleport. Hopefully he'll pan out. It's better than having a damn boss character as a fighter. It could have been God himself and some of you guys wouldn't have been happy. I'm cool with it. Better than what I was thinking.

I agree. I wish they would make the C-packs mandatory to play online. I really don't know why they didn't.

Some of you guys want Jason? Freddy is much more fit than Jason. Jason would walk really slow and wear a mask. What else does he have? Some of you guys need to do your classic horror flick research. I'm happy, Freddy is cool. I've seen a guy on here posting a Freddy picture before the announcement, nice guess. I just didn't see anything special when it came to combos or special moves. He looks like Baraka with a teleport. Hopefully he'll pan out. It's better than having a damn boss character as a fighter. It could have been God himself and some of you guys wouldn't have been happy. I'm cool with it. Better than what I was thinking.

Assuming he's in the game, I can see him behaving a lot like Sheeva: slow, but can take hits better and dish out damage easier.

freddy has no business in this game...

i swear just when i think NRS cant **** things up more they manage to blow me away with more **** ups....huge NRS FAIL

they might as well add jason, leatherface, pinhead, pumpkinhead, critters and gremlins and while they're at it change the ****in game name to 80's Monster mash

seriously what was the purpose behind adding freddy? does he have a new movie to promote?

freddy has no business in this game...

i swear just when i think NRS cant **** things up more they manage to blow me away with more **** ups....huge NRS FAIL

they might as well add jason, leatherface, pinhead, pumpkinhead, critters and gremlins and while they're at it change the ****in game name to 80's Monster mash

seriously what was the purpose behind adding freddy? does he have a new movie to promote?

i like freddy and hope they add jason

and he does the return to elm street 5474839 time

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. This like....invisible punishment for people that like Freddy or want to play as him, and the people who insist on somehow boycotting this by not dl'ing the compatibility pack to punish everyone else. I'd understand that people wouldn't want him in the game, but not playing against him, or allowing other to use him against you is seriously remedial, and I hope that in the coming weeks people will cool off a lot more and think a lot more clearly and remember this is just a game, and he holds no definitive place in the MK universe other than a guest character who was put there for fun and shock value. I could understand if he were intertwined within the story or was going to show up in MK10 as a permanent character but c'mon dude seriously. "I refuse to download some free costumes and a pack that allows people to play the character they paid for so I can prove how much I hate Freddy Krueger being in this game." Really...

And how do you think your gloating is helping your case?

i'm not downloading the compatibility pack. love me, hate me, i really don't care. it's my game, i do what i want with it.

well i was waiting along time for a good fighting game & when i bought mk9 it was the perfect one i was looking for.
i thought mortal kombat finished specialy after that mk vs dc the worse mk game ever,
and mk9 it was more serious & bloody like the old days.
i didnt like kratos from the begining mk should be for mk characters only & now freedy huh thats one deal breaker for me.
i think i'll put it with the old games now & wait for some real games like battlefield 3 ....etc
its a big shame i realy loved it but i guess in the end shit happens .:(

Last edited:
well i was waiting along time for a good fighting game & when i bought mk9 it was the perfect one i was looking for
i thought mortal kombat finished specialy after that mk vs dc the worse mk game ever
and mk9 it was more serious & bloody like the old days
i didnt like kratos from the begining mk should be for mk characters only & now freedy huh thats one deal breaker for me
i think i'll put it with the old games now & wait for some real games like battlefield 3 ....etc
its a big shame i realy loved it but i guess in the end shit happens :(

That's pretty much how I feel.
And now there is already talk about another character from a teen "horror" movie (Jason).
It really feels like the end of MK.