Fourth DLC Character Revealed To Be Freddy Krueger

better but me to sleep because freddy is killing me i hope they actually but someone good in the next dlc i did waste 20 bucks for nothing man

NEWS! IT EXPLAINS WHY FREDDY HAS 2 GLOVES AND IS IN MK!

ON THE MORTAL KOMBAT OFFICIAL SITE:

A malevolent spirit of the Dream Realm, Freddy Krueger preys on the souls of the living as they sleep. When Shao Kahn began to steal Earthrealm's souls - souls Freddy considered his own - Freddy battled the emperor in the Dream Realm. But Shao Kahn's will was too strong. He pulled Freddy into the real world, where he was mortal, and defeated him. A badly injured yet determined Freddy fitted both his hands with demonically enhanced razor gloves. Once he has killed Shao Kahn he will find a way back to the Dream Realm, where he will torment Earthrealm's souls for eternity.

What do you mean?
Well yea basically there is not much backstory you can give for having an additional claw, but maybe they could have said that his clawless hand got severed during his fight with kahn and thus he fitted a demonically enhanced hand to compensate for it or something like that.

Well yea basically there is not much backstory you can give for having an additional claw, but maybe they could have said that his clawless hand got severed during his fight with kahn and thus he fitted a demonically enhanced hand to compensate for it or something like that.

Ah, well its still pretty awesome! :)

I think his backstory is pretty cool, but the second claw is kinda dumb. Regardless, I am going to be laughing so hard seeing him beat up Shao Kahn until he explodes xDD

But yeah, the whole 'two glove' scenario they gave isn't really creative. It still doesn't explain really why he decided to put two on other than I guess it will help him fight better?

Yeah but that's your anger, and probably most of the population, but not all of them. I for one think Freddy is bad ass, and I don't really see how NRS 'turned their back' on the franchise because they brought in a random horror icon rather than MK characters that no one really wanted but speculated about like crazy because the fact it was a mystery bugged the shit out of everyone.

At the end of the day they are the ones that make the decisions, which means you have the decision to buy him, or not DL the compatibility pack. I really don't see how not downloading it and punishing the people who DO want to play as Freddy is proving some valid point of yours, but hey, to each their own. Even if I play as him against only like...5 people. Looking at it as a 'let down' perspective is understandable if you really hyped on a certain character, but to make it like they suddenly betrayed everyone for their choice is pure utter nonsense.

The bolded, italicized, underlined, red word in your entire argument is exactly why people like us find this DLC to be in extremely bad taste. You've answered your question for yourself. THAT is why this is stupid.

Random in the context of it could have been ANY horror icon though, and either way they were dead set on having a guest appearance from someone, and in the end it would have been him, Jason, or worst off, Michael Myers. Like, Jason I could kind of see being a bad ass but Michael Myers was a dude in a jump suit and a clay mask. I can't picture him entering mortal kombat against anyone, and he would have 0 back story what so ever for even being there, leaving little to the imagination.

The bolded, italicized, underlined, red word in your entire argument is exactly why people like us find this DLC to be in extremely bad taste. You've answered your question for yourself. THAT is why this is stupid.

I don't remember asking any questions unless you're referring to the 'NRS turned their back' comment, which in itself is a stupid statement made by people to convey their rage for having Freddy in the game to begin with.

For the record, I'm not saying people don't have a right to be upset, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We are all individual...like snow flakes. :D But it's HOW people convey those feelings of anger that bother me the most. There has been NO intelligent argument in regards to not having Freddy in this game other than the following:

"He doesn't belong in MK, he doesn't fit in the universe."
"He is an outsider, we do not want outsiders in MK."
Or, as you so boldly pointed out, "He's a random horror icon" which kind of belongs under the first section if you decide to look at it from that point of view.
Or, and this is my personal favorite, "He's a child-molesting pedophile, and he doesn't belong here."

To answer the 'random' argument, the guest character would end up being random anyways, like Kratos was, and like Freddy is now. Soul Calibur had Spawn, Heihatchi and LINK (of all people) as a special guest character on their games, followed by Star Wars characters for their 4th game. MK has never been known to have 'guest stars', nor am I saying they should follow in the foot steps of another fighting IP, but seriously, he's a guest. He doesn't ruin the story, and downloading him on your hard drive is not going to cause your disc to melt in the console.

Express your concerns detailing the exact reasons WHY he 100% should not be in the game other than "YeA He NO MortAL K0mBat Man! WHY He HeRe InsteAD oF ReIKO or TaYNA? $%^ ThIS GaMe and NRS, ThEy BetRaYed Us All!!!11!!" and perhaps I could better constitute a more valid argument as to why it's not such a bad idea having him in this game.

i think freddy in the game is awesome. maybe i am more of a casual mk fan, but i really never cared about the back story behind mortal kombat at all. to me it was always just about a very gory fighting game that was fun. when mk1 came out it was just pop in a few quarters and FIGHT!

freddy may not make sense with the story of mortal kombat, but neither does kratos or any guest character. he looks like he will make a really cool character, and just thinking about using him has me pretty excited.

i am all for new guest characters as well. bring in jason, spawn, leatherface, terminator, predator, dc characters, street fighter characters, and more. the more the merrier.

the Dream Realm?! what the f***
hhhhhhhhhhh
NRS looks like they are lost in that realm :)
what's next? i think we'll get chuck norris for dlc