Fourth DLC Character Revealed To Be Freddy Krueger

I don't understand why people care. Its an easter egg in a way. Just use some imagination, and if you don't like it, well don't download it. I find it rather cool myself.

I've never been a fan of cross-overs. Luckily I can choose not to download it. Really was wishing for something different though.. ya know, something MK.

Well im geting him and cant whait to get ALLLLLL the hate coment after i kick your hating asses hahaha :reddy:

I'm really on the fence about this. Like a lot of ppl on here I'm a diehard horror film fan. Love the old NOES flicks. When they said the 4th DLC was a big surprise I honestly expected something like this. I'll download him and give him a shot. If I don't like him I won't use him. Ppl spazzed out about MK vs DC at first (including me). I ended up getting a bunch of fun game time. Ppl spazzed out on Kratos. I personally think they did a decent job fitting him in. Maybe FK will grow on us. I do feel a little empty though. I'll always be waiting for that one more MK character from the good ol' days.

They better release Jason then if Freddy is going to be in this.
Seems like almost every MK fighter has an arch enemy in the character line-up.
And if they release a Jason, it better be from Part 6 or 8...

1,2 Freddy's coming for you! 3,4 You better lock your door! 5,6 Grab your crucifix! 7,8 Better stay up late! 9,10 Never sleep again!

well im happy about this this mk just got a bit more fun WTG NRS

Woow, I did not expect this! LOL... pretty cool though, Freddy never had a real cool game to feature in. He's got some potential to go up against some MK characters...

Storywise, it'll be like Kratos... unreallistic to the MK universe, but OK as a crossover thingy...

I'd prefer someone from video games. I'll pass this one I guess. His fatalities look cool though but I won't be playing as him anyways.

I don't understand the argument of "Freddy Krueger Destroyed MK". First off, he's a DLC character, which means if you don't want him, don't buy him.

Second, no one would have been happy with the final DLC character anyway. No one wanted Fujin, a few people wanted Reiko or Tanya, and some people got so desperate to the point they wanted Tremor in this game. The fact is, no one would have been happy, and to say "Well, anyone else in MK is better than Freddy", how can you say that without playing the character?

The bottom line is, some people like the idea, some people despise it, and other simply don't give a shit. But in the end it's still a game, it's DLC so you don't have to take it so seriously.

The haters need to shut up....if you dont like it dont download it and play your ***** ass street fighter or MVC

Let the nightmare begin *****es!

I don't understand the argument of "Freddy Krueger Destroyed MK". First off, he's a DLC character, which means if you don't want him, don't buy him.

Second, no one would have been happy with the final DLC character anyway. No one wanted Fujin, a few people wanted Reiko or Tanya, and some people got so desperate to the point they wanted Tremor in this game. The fact is, no one would have been happy, and to say "Well, anyone else in MK is better than Freddy", how can you say that without playing the character?

The bottom line is, some people like the idea, some people despise it, and other simply don't give a shit. But in the end it's still a game, it's DLC so you don't have to take it so seriously.
No sir, TONS of people would have been more happier if it was an MK character no matter how low their popularity. There was a poll here proving the same as well. Fujin, Reiko or Tanya would have had much better recepetion than the backlash we are seeing now for Freddy.

I want my Season Pass money back.

That reminds me, Im laughing at all the people who bought the season pass and ended up hating Freddy. That's one thing I've learned by living in Vegas; never take a bet that you're not guaranteed you're going to win.

If saving money means that much to do, then you deserve the character because technically it's "free". That's why I didn't buy the pass. I didn't buy Skarlet because I thought she was garbage, but Freddy is going to be amazing.

No sir, TONS of people would have been more happier if it was an MK character no matter how low their popularity. There was a poll here proving the same as well. Fujin, Reiko or Tanya would have had much better recepetion than the backlash we are seeing now for Freddy.

Yes but your basing that argument on half the population of this forum alone. I read another poll that said 54% said they'd buy him, 23% said no, and 27% said they didn't care. So your 'facts' are a little hard to take seriously at the moment. As for everyone flaming the forum, I wish I could have one intelligent argument with someone as to why they don't want Freddy in this game and why he shouldn't be in the game. Instead, everyone has been nerd raging and flying off the handle, face rolling their keyboard because they don't want an 'outsider' in this game.

Until solid facts are shown to me, your 'everyone on the forum no-likey freddy' argument is in void.

The fact is they teased this mystery 4th character for so long, and this is what we got? You're telling me out of the other MK characters they coulda revisited and revamped we got freddy krueger? A GUEST character?

Come on guys, you gotta see why some fans are absolutely pissed bout this. I personally was hyped for this 4th and blam, punch in the balls by NRS. They'll give us Freddy Krueger and neglect their own franchise's characters they created, but hey **** fixing the online, or adding features people WANT right? Freddy Krueger is awesome sauce lololololololololol

Am I gonna download the compat. patch? Probably not, if I even care bout MK by then. Have a problem with that? Take it up with WB/NRS for dicking fans over.

Yeah but that's your anger, and probably most of the population, but not all of them. I for one think Freddy is bad ass, and I don't really see how NRS 'turned their back' on the franchise because they brought in a random horror icon rather than MK characters that no one really wanted but speculated about like crazy because the fact it was a mystery bugged the shit out of everyone.

At the end of the day they are the ones that make the decisions, which means you have the decision to buy him, or not DL the compatibility pack. I really don't see how not downloading it and punishing the people who DO want to play as Freddy is proving some valid point of yours, but hey, to each their own. Even if I play as him against only like...5 people. Looking at it as a 'let down' perspective is understandable if you really hyped on a certain character, but to make it like they suddenly betrayed everyone for their choice is pure utter nonsense.

The fact is they teased this mystery 4th character for so long, and this is what we got? You're telling me out of the other MK characters they coulda revisited and revamped we got freddy krueger? A GUEST character?

Come on guys, you gotta see why some fans are absolutely pissed bout this. I personally was hyped for this 4th and blam, punch in the balls by NRS. They'll give us Freddy Krueger and neglect their own franchise's characters they created, but hey **** fixing the online, or adding features people WANT right? Freddy Krueger is awesome sauce lololololololololol

Am I gonna download the compat. patch? Probably not, if I even care bout MK by then. Have a problem with that? Take it up with WB/NRS for dicking fans over.

I thought I was the only sane one. Thank you for this.