Ranked match quitters, automatic loss?

Bucketfeet

So I've had about 3 fights online ranked where the opponent quit on me during the fight.

My question is, does this count as an automatic loss for them and a win for me?

Or it counts as a disconnect? Or nothing haoppens at all?

I know I cam easel check stats, but they don't seem to update right away.

Once you get to the character select screen, if they quit or d/c it's a loss for them and a win for you. It lets you know right at the matchmaking screen that any potential exit will have a negative impact on your score.

I actually had the very good Kenshi player who lost the first round with me and quited. So odd LOL he was VERY good with Kenshi.

What about players who return to the dashboard? (xbox players) and the message "this game session is no longer available" comes up?

Yes It is an automatic loss, It even reflects on your Rank, I don't quit, but unfortunately my Internet can be a ***** sometimes, and I disconnect then I get the Minus Ranked status for it, Damn you AT&T >.<

So I've had about 3 fights online ranked where the opponent quit on me during the fight.

Perhaps it's because the fight was boring?

I have played you a few times, never quit during a match, but all you do is block most of the time and then when you are losing, you go to the other end of the screen and shoot Johnny's forceball and when you are Mileena, you teleport kick when you are losing. Doesn't really make for an interesting game, imo.

Question for you guys relating to this.

Yesterday I'm playing ranked. He wins the first round, but in the second I warmed up and won. I had meter and momentum going into the 3rd round. I get ahead of him and suddenly it says the game is no longer available. I figure he quit but I look and sure enough, I have a loss and a disconnect.

Now I sit in a gaming room with my router behind me, on a wired connection. I also had my computer next to me. At no point was there was there any interruption in my signal/connection????

I mentioned this to my friend yesterday and he said he too has 3 disconnects on his ranked record and he's never quit.

Is this a known issue?

I have played you a few times, never quit during a match, but all you do is block most of the time and then when you are losing, you go to the other end of the screen and shoot Johnny's forceball and when you are Mileena, you teleport kick when you are losing. Doesn't really make for an interesting game, imo.

Blocking is very important for cage.U have to do that cause most ppl like to use spam tactics against him cause they know he isnt to much of a threat at a distance.It takes skills to use Johnny Cage and Mileena.I main them both as well.

What's wrong with blocking? You're kinda supposed to. Unless you are jumping, back-dashing or ducking to evade. Are they supposed to let you hit them?

Question for you guys relating to this.

Yesterday I'm playing ranked. He wins the first round, but in the second I warmed up and won. I had meter and momentum going into the 3rd round. I get ahead of him and suddenly it says the game is no longer available. I figure he quit but I look and sure enough, I have a loss and a disconnect.

Now I sit in a gaming room with my router behind me, on a wired connection. I also had my computer next to me. At no point was there was there any interruption in my signal/connection????

I mentioned this to my friend yesterday and he said he too has 3 disconnects on his ranked record and he's never quit.

Is this a known issue?

Has happened to me once too. Who knows what the deal is. Could be lag somewhere. Prolly not on your end.

Guys, I am not saying there is anything wrong with blocking, but if you are going to just sit there and block the entire time, even when the person isn't anywhere near you, it makes for a boring match...

Just saying that perhaps that is the reason why people quit (because the match is boring). I think it is stupid to quit for any reason but, yeah, there are people out there who love to quit. I do ranked and keep getting matched up with someone named XxicEMoNkEyxX or something like that so I beat him each time and now he quits at the select screen whenever we get matched up....just try to play, who cares....

Porshapwr happened to me too, i was going in for the x-ray to get the victory, so the servers must be the problem.. my x-ray must've been that good that it froze the match that the game session was no longer available

yes if it reaches the char select screen you will get the win if someone leaves/disconnects.

Last edited:

I challenge you Jade, add me psn: Bucketfeet