Which fighting game franchise NEEDS a new game?

I grew up on Battle Areana Toshinden so thats a fighter i want to see again. With cool looking characters, badass theme music its sad that it never took off

I have to agree with this. if they ever do I hope the art more closely resembles "Masami Obari's" original character designs

I grew up on Battle Areana Toshinden so thats a fighter i want to see again. With cool looking characters, badass theme music its sad that it never took off

I actually thought Toshinden was going to be one of the games that would boost the PlayStation's sales...especially when the console first launched.

It'd be nice to have the Bushido Blade series return again too!!!

I doubt Square Enix has interest in fighting games. Their specialty has historically been Japanese RPGs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Toshinden was one of the games that got me interested in the Playstation. However, Sony stopped promoting the series afterwords the series fell into obscurity. I only played the first game, and I had blast at the time, but playing it now I can't help but notice the lack of polish.

It is unfortunate that Square has penchant for treating non-FF games as mere side projects. Tobal and Bushido Blade both had potential to go beyond their 2nd game. Ehrgeiz was okay. I don't have an opinion on Dissidia, which was the only fighting game SE developed themselves.