High damage combos

popnlocker

I have a question. I've been called a combo spammer. I don't understand why though. I mean I play a good 20 something of the characters and I learned Sonya today and got a couple good combos. 37% to 49% and when I see the opening I go for it. Does that make me a combo spammer??

Don't take it to heart.

Losers will say anything to make them look better when they lose ;)

It's not that I'm that good lol I just wanted to use alot of characters so i knew what I was up against and it's usually different combo :)

as long as you dont use the same combo the whole match, then its cool

If one spams the same combo/special the whole match,
And if the other still cannot learn to stop it after all this time

then they are both scrubs

No u r not a combo spammer, I get called that also...u suppose to combo every opening u get
People just get mad that they can't perform combos and that's part of the game IMO

Been there too.

What I think is: There's only so much combos you can do.

And if you can spam the same combo and not being punished then your opponent does not know what he's doing and he deserves being spammed :p

When I get online with really good players I can hardly pull of the same strategy twice. If they know what they are doing they will get hit once and then see it coming and counter it!

Just laugh when someone call you that. Tell them to learn to defend and counter.

No u r not a combo spammer, I get called that also...u suppose to combo every opening u get
People just get mad that they can't perform combos and that's part of the game IMO

some people only use the same combo over and over, thats spam in my view. but it doesnt matter, because people who only use one attack are usually shitty anyway

but I will admit, spamming combos does indeed make you look like you know what your doing more than spamming specials. cause some combos are actually hard to pull off

The only kombo spam I dislike is that retarded Lui Kang one. You all know the one I mean.

I would honestly welcome a damage buff on that combo but see the combo finish after the second juggle. It's just annoying to sit there and watch that if you have no breaker.

Yeh don't bother listening to them. People that complain about spamming either are beginners or people that just aren't going to get better. Most of the outcomes of losing can be summed up in this:

Beginner ====> Complains, talks about spamming, *****es, high pitched voice
Average ====> Frustrated grunts, kinda 50/50, tries again then quits
Expert ====> Realizes its your fault you lost, shows respect and welcomes another fight

Basicly people that ever use the word spamming ====> pussies

Just remind them a block button does exist.

If one kombo does 40% and the other does 30%, why would you ever do the less damage kombo if it isn't needed?

If one kombo does 40% and the other does 30%, why would you ever do the less damage kombo if it isn't needed?

I guess you could take Sub zero as an example. If a player jumps into his ice clone, you could do a b+1, 2, into a 2, 1, 2 into a slide which does allot less damage than if SZ was to jump in with a punch into a b+1, 2, freeze into hold b+2 to reset then ff, b+1, 2 into a 2, 1, 2 into a slide.

Guess what I'm saying is it's all about what kind of situation you're in as a player. It's helpfull to know all your options.

thats the dumbest excuse ever, "as long as you dont use the same combo over and over its cool?" who cares . if the combo damage is high then use it. why should you do another combo with less damage just to appease everyone? i say if it works do it man. its the other persons fault if they can block correctly. the only combo that might be a glitch is lui kang. not sure if its a glitch but 3 hits then dash rinse repeat and it never stops that just doesnt seem like it was supposed to be in the game. like the jump kick throw glitch from MK deception. not sure if thats supposed to be fixed or not but i say if it works and its not a glitch do it.

people just get mad when they lose and say anything to make excuses to why they lost. if someone lui kangs me i just dont play them again. people use any tactic to win period no matter who you are. some of you who get crazy and call out everyone for spammin or cheatin your play style is just as bad. everyone does it. hey i use block alot is that spammy hammy?

Haha, I find playing Sheeva I have to block a lot as you have to be patient with her, and yes, I have hate mail saying "Why you block so much?". Yeah okay, i'll just let you do combos on me instead....

While we're on the subject of Sheeva and combos, most of her combos are BEASTLY! Her bog standard combo, 2,1,2,F1 does a nice 15%. When you start playing around with strings into specials, grabs, etc.... you can easily get combos in the region of 20%+, 30% and 40%+

I guess you could take Sub zero as an example. If a player jumps into his ice clone, you could do a b+1, 2, into a 2, 1, 2 into a slide which does allot less damage than if SZ was to jump in with a punch into a b+1, 2, freeze ...
You can't refreeze after ice-clone. b1,2,freeze is only on a non-frozen enemy. Now if you meant INSTEAD of an ice clone, a jump in punch...then it would work. But the correct combo off a frozen should start with an u+1 over head in to b1,2, (throw in a coupe juggle pokes if there's no lag) into b1,2, 212 slide.

It depends on what he catches them with.

And if your combos are actually connecting, it's pretty hard to call them spam, especially with Sonya. You CAN spam strings, but that's a lot different.

Using the same combo over and over again isn't spamming, it is stupid to think so. If your opponent makes a mistake and is open for a combo there is no reason at all for you to do a different combo than what you would normally do. Assuming the combo they think you are spamming is your highest damage bnb it would be stupid to do a lesser damage combo just because they feel like seeing something different.

Don't let the scrubs get to you, do what you can to win, short of inf.s and glitches, and if they complain just feel sorry for them for being a scrub.