Official Anime Discussion

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Animes!?

The panels piqued my interest. Full-color is crazy considering how time-consuming it can be. Granted, because it is web-based instead of a something commercially released for magazines and bound volumes, there is less pressure for the author to work at a faster pace.

I usually prefer the art of the comics over their animated counterparts. The latter is usually end up looking flatter and the design/style watered down for easier animation.

yeah I agree, I always read manga of anime's I've seen if I hadn't done so yet.

but I still enjoy seeing the transition into the video mode lol. It's like an adventure for me I get to see any differences or whether or not they will depict the characters like I think.

A plus when it comes to manga is you don't ever have to worry about voice acting being terrible also, and you can get more inner thought bubbles.

If you give this manga a shot, let me know what you think.

Anime Genres:
Action:
Adventure:
Comedy:
Demons:
Drama:
Ecchi: Pretty much just means "Perverted"
Fantasy:
Gender Bender: This has multiple subcategories, it's where a man/woman's sex changes against their control (Some supernatural way) or body swaps between male/female where their minds enter eachother, or plain crossdressing.
Harem: Where multiple girls like 1 guy, or a reverse harem where multiple guys chase after 1 girl
Historical:
Horror:
Josei: Targeted at adult female audiences
Magic:
Martial Arts:
Mecha:
Military:
Mystery:
Psychological:
Romance:
School Life:
Sci Fi:

Shoujai: It's a anime story baed on girl/girl love. Doesn't mean they are lesbians lol. It's usually aimed at friendship/Sister type relation ships.

Shounenai: For original purposes it's meant to be about guyxguy friendship ect ect. dangerously close to yoai but it's not.

Slice of Life: A manga/anime just about some people's ordinary lives day to day, with some new trouble/obstacle to overcome.

Sports:
Super Power:
Super Natural:
Tragedy:
Vampire:
Yaoi: homosexual relationships between man and man
Yuri: homosexual relationships between woman and woman.

Those are most if not all Anime Genres. I put a little definition next to the japanese words.

I'm gonna post some of the ones I like for each genre.

Anime Genres:

Action:
Spoiler:

Rurouni-kanshin-tsuioku-hen.jpg

OutlawStarMainCast.jpg

Adventure:
Spoiler:

trigun.jpg

wa_basilisk_manga_anime_desktop_1024x768_wallpaper-438624.jpg

Comedy:
Spoiler:

index.jpg

Druaga-no-t-the-aegis-of-uruk.jpg

Tower of Druaga is only funny the first like 8 episodes you've been warned. The rest are very "MEH"

Demons:
Spoiler:

1.jpg

Not a super huge fan of either of these, but they were decent.
yu-yu-hakusho.jpg

Drama:
Spoiler:

UsagiDrop_jpg_650x10000_q85.jpg

29179.jpg

Ecchi:
I don't actively LOOK for ecchi just some of the animes I like have this as a subcategory. (Defense mode activated)
Spoiler:

nyan_koi_1024c_are_there_any_wall_manga_anime_desktop_1024x768_wallpaper-273187.jpg

%5Banimepaper.net%5Dpicture-standard-anime-tatakau-shisho-the-book-of-bantorra-bd-vol-01-162661-melkaya-preview-322637de.jpg

Fantasy:
Spoiler:

7804.jpg

DreameaterMerry.jpg

Gender Bender:
Spoiler:

fukigen-cinderella-l0.jpg

Kampfer-Original-Soundtrack-Cover.jpg

Harem:
Spoiler:

princess_lover.jpg

big-shuffle-memories-character-song-ost.jpg

Historical:
Spoiler:

Nope nothing here.

Horror:
Spoiler:

hellgirllarge.jpg

ibitsu-l1.jpg

Josei:
Spoiler:

Nothing here Usagi drop is considered Josei but I put that under drama.

Magic:
Spoiler:

220px-KazenoStigmaDVD.jpg

Not sure if Garden of sinners counts. But You guys should REALLy check it out. Great Anime
Kara-no-Kyoukai_redxxii.jpg

Martial Arts:
Spoiler:

a22d328407efefcc8c3d97865bf3be5c.jpg

115.jpg

Mecha:
Spoiler:

evangelion.jpg

file_7.jpg

Military:
Spoiler:

ghost-in-the-shell-4.jpg

Mystery:
Spoiler:

Tasogare.Otome.x.Amnesia.578389.jpg

mainxxx.jpg

Psychological:
Spoiler:

deadman-wonderland.jpg

Ergo-Proxy.jpeg

Romance:
Spoiler:

Bakemonogatari.jpg

animefact-special-a.jpg

School Life:
Spoiler:

Kimi-ni-Todoke-41.png

20061208ouranhighschool.jpg

Sci Fi:
Spoiler:

oz-2038105.jpg

Chaos%20Head.jpg

Shoujai:
Spoiler:

shitsurakuen-l0.jpg

641773153.jpg

Shounenai:
Spoiler:

Nothing here]

Slice of Life:
Spoiler:

key-art.jpg

Sports:
Spoiler:

Hell No

Super Power:
Spoiler:

No idea

Super Natural:
Spoiler:

the-sacred-blacksmith-1395320.jpg

Tragedy:
Spoiler:

Lucy-Nyu-from-Elfen-lied-anime-30417050-1024-768.jpg

martialhearts01.jpg

If you can ignore the obvious Overexaggerated ECCHI, this anime has a pretty dark ending.

Vampire:
Spoiler:

Hellsing.jpg

269509_det.jpg

Yaoi:
Yeah... No.

Yuri:
Spoiler:

maria_holic_01_07.jpg

Maria Holic :rofl:

Some of these aren't exactly my favorites but I wanted to try and pick something from each genre.

Deadman wonderland is now my favorite anime. shit is as Mature as I like it and it's not super serious 100% of the time which I really like. Oh how I love it :)

Deadman wonderland is now my favorite anime. shit is as Mature as I like it and it's not super serious 100% of the time which I really like. Oh how I love it :)

If you like Deadman wonderland let me look up some other stuff you might like.

Try:
Basilisk (I think you'll dig it)

maybe uh, If you liked the psychological aspects of that show give Ergo Proxy a try.

You should also try uh Mardock Scramble. It's a bit... uh SUPER mature. It has like 2 sex scenes and EXTREMELY vulgar language and a guy has a vagina for a hand. But it's really bloody and gorey/mature.

Samurai X (OVA) there are 4 episodes.

OUTLAW STAR!?

dammit critical i love you

It has to be up there. If it wasn't for that anime I might not even be in this thread right now. That shit had me hyped as a kid.

Trigun and Outlaw Star? Hell yeah

That reminds me, I still need to finish the latter, watched 22 episodes of it so far

indeed i fell in love with it after the first episode since it just suddenly turned serious when that whole classroom got tore up

@Critical i also like basalisk but it's the case of the one cool show i never watch for some reason imma start watching those other shows you listed out of pure curiosity now.

oh man you're about to hit the really weird drawing episode.

Suzuka has a batman chin. Everyone just looks disgusting and weird except Aisha.

indeed i fell in love with it after the first episode since it just suddenly turned serious when that whole classroom got tore up

@Critical i also like basalisk but it's the case of the one cool show i never watch for some reason imma start watching those other shows you listed out of pure curiosity now.

The ones I listed aren't exactly the same as deadman wonderland.

Ergo Proxy has sort of a mental aspect to it. (this one takes a second to get into.) the first episode of 2 might get you a little hyped/interested. But then it'll die out for like 3-4 episodes. But then it picks up again and gets really good. it's not as heavy on violence, just psychological stuff.

Marduck Scramble is uh... just straight up violence/gore/sex. Plot is meh. The relationship between the AI unit and the main character is really the only plot device that's tragic in that one. because it has a bad ending.

Samurai X sad ending. Even the 2nd OVA... bad ending lol.

Damn

Batman chin :rofl:

That's even funnier considering I've heard this was supposed to be like a legit fan service episode

Damn

Batman chin :rofl:

That's even funnier considering I've heard this was supposed to be like a legit fan service episode

Nah it's not the springs episode where they are drawn weird.

it's I believe the 2nd to last episode.

trust me you'll know it when you see it.

Oh, my fault then

Anyway, I would finish it now but I'm going out to get me some food

BTW, as a huge Dragon Ball fan, I've recently been rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho and... holy shit, it is better than DB in pretty much every way. I liked it a lot before when I was little watching it on Adult Swim, but seriously, it's even better than I thought. Better dubbing, better story, more interesting villains, better action, funnier, more raw due to all the profanity and whatnot... plus, the supporting cast of fighters aren't really shit on as much as say, the non-Saiyan Z warriors were in DBZ. Kuwabara probably is more useful during just the Dark Tournament saga than Yamcha during the entire DB series (yes, that includes Dragon Ball). Hell, even the music is awesome (I think FUNimation's dub of DBZ might still have an edge over it though when it comes to music; Bruce Falcouner is godly)

There's a lot of Animes better than DBZ. I try to tell this to the Dragonball Z fanboys out there but they don't listen.

DBZ is very good and epic but I don't like how much it focuses on Goku.

I like when every character is expressed deeply. Naruto actually handles this very well, devoting a good 5 episodes to a character.

DBZ's biggest problem, IMO, is how it kinda loses what made the original Dragon Ball so great in the first place. It's not just that DBZ is more action-oriented as opposed to DB's lightheartedness, but I feel like a lot of the sense of adventure and fun that Dragon Ball had was mostly thrown to the wayside, and Goku also wasn't Superman in the original like he was in DBZ. Launch, one of the main characters of DB, wasn't even in DBZ except for like a couple of filler scenes, and Tien was pretty much shit on in DBZ aside from his fights with Cell and Nappa

I hate how Yamcha is a weakling in DBZ.

He was my favorite Dragonball character. DBZ had more epic moments than DB but I enjoyed the story and character representation in DB better.

Dragon ball z. Hands down has the best fighting in any cartoon ever made. and I love what Goku became near the end. You knew if they fwaked with earth or the Z fighters they'd answer to Goku and that made me like him a lot more. :)

I liked Dragonball GT; it always seemed to get a bad wrap but I thought it was pretty cool.

:vroam: