Official Anime Discussion

Just cause an anime lacks color does not make it equally sad.

How do I explain with out spoilers? Ok so there is this girl who is very smart and a little air headed at times but you like her. At some point, something triggers her to go in a depressive state. What's sad about it is that you wouldn't expect her to do such a thing and you feel bad cause she is sad. Clannad has the humor but it gives you that sad feel as well.

Same way about how I felt for Kam (For spoiler purposes) in Gurren Lagann, or E. (For spoiler purposes) in Code Geass. We all have those characters that you don't want to see go, not just in Death Note

Color assists in making the death more impacting along with no humor.

I'm not saying it makes it entirely.

I really can't explain episode 7, 25, and 29 without spoiling anything. It's literally impossible.

Nope disagree.
Hard to explain a scene in Clannad After Story cause I will not spoil that but damn does the death hit you in the stomach.

Of course the death isn't gonna have humor Shira. What you expect someone to crack a joke after someone dies? What serious anime did you see that had that?

*sits in a chair and waits*

No.

I'm saying that the death will happen then the next episode you'll be laughing. I'm assuming this since I looked up Clannad and it's very colorful. So eventually even though you remember he/she died, you'll still have things to look forward to. This does not happen in Death Note.

The person who dies in episode 7 was only in two episodes yet you feel extremely sad for her. That's how intensely sad it is.

But you have not watched Clannad. Just because it is colorful does not mean it doesn't have any sadness dude.

To look forward to? Nope, not after that episode. Hell I didn't even know what to do with myself after that. Even the character was having trouble recovering.

I rarely use intuition in that game.
But seriously
Spoiler:
I knew Ray was gonna die after Light got his name of his badge