Official Anime Discussion

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Animes!?

I have a friend who thinks DB is complete ass compared to DBZ.

:?

ibtEtA89H38KZn.gif

DB lacks respect on this continent.

It's funny, I hate it when people try to either play down, or play up their interest in Anime. Here's a short story.

I was at a car meet that I'd organized on another forum last Saturday, where we drove to the summit of a mountain. While chatting about cars, the area, etc, one of the guys I was talking to (who, incidentally, had the coolest car there, a Honda S2000 AP2) let slip, when I asked him what his other interests are that he likes anime. Ghost in the Shell, Gundam (like me, he builds the plastic model kits) etc. One of the guys I already knew from another meet was near us, and the first guy indicated that the guy I already knew also was into anime. Thing is, he tried to deny it/play it down as if he was embarrassed about it. We're all effin' adults. Why should anyone be ashamed of having a hobby like watching anime? I mean, hell, the car forum (and modded cars on display at our meet) is proof enough we have passion for and take our hobbies seriously. I'm not sure why the guy felt like he couldn't fess up to liking something. I don't think anyone was going to diss a built dude with a good personality and a sweet Mustang for liking anime.

Just my two cents. People, they be confuzzlin' yo.

^ You talking about the girl with the roped knives? Lol, hell yeah, she is funny as hell

"When this done, I carve meat off your ass" :rofl:

It's funny, I hate it when people try to either play down, or play up their interest in Anime. Here's a short story.

I was at a car meet that I'd organized on another forum last Saturday, where we drove to the summit of a mountain. While chatting about cars, the area, etc, one of the guys I was talking to (who, incidentally, had the coolest car there, a Honda S2000 AP2) let slip, when I asked him what his other interests are that he likes anime. Ghost in the Shell, Gundam (like me, he builds the plastic model kits) etc. One of the guys I already knew from another meet was near us, and the first guy indicated that the guy I already knew also was into anime. Thing is, he tried to deny it/play it down as if he was embarrassed about it. We're all effin' adults. Why should anyone be ashamed of having a hobby like watching anime? I mean, hell, the car forum (and modded cars on display at our meet) is proof enough we have passion for and take our hobbies seriously. I'm not sure why the guy felt like he couldn't fess up to liking something. I don't think anyone was going to diss a built dude with a good personality and a sweet Mustang for liking anime.

Just my two cents. People, they be confuzzlin' yo.

Appreciation for cars seems to be more socially acceptable for whatever reason. For all the growth anime has enjoyed, it also got its share of backlash. Because the of stigma associated with anime and it's fanbase, some fans opt to keep the hobby to themselves, even from fellow fans. They fear that people will think of less of them. Perhaps no one will voice disapproval directly, but they may distance themselves a bit. If human beings were not judgmental, there would be no need to hide personal hobbies from anybody.

It's funny because DB and DBZ are pretty much the same thing literally

There is no such thing as DBZ in the manga, it all goes by just Dragon Ball

It was the anime that decided to distinguish DB's story and DBZ's story

The moniker got stuck with the North American localization of the manga; the series is split between the original DB and DBZ for marketing purposes. I don't mind really since the child and adult Goku stories have a different feel to them.

Last edited:

I'm pretty lenient when it comes to voice acting, but that's so bad that it's funny. The guy didn't even sound angry.

I've been tearing up some Initial D. Pretty sweet anime about racing in Japan. The soundtrack is pretty sweet.

Been watching with a friend of mine who recommends it and after I leave I am always speeding and take some pretty hardcore turns while go 30-50mph and listening to the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWhZWX3FnXg

I post a lot about Revy and some of the others, but you wanna know who my true favorite Black Lagoon character is?

That honor unquestionably goes to:

57181.jpg

Mother****ing Rock :cool:

Last edited:

maybe because the arcade game you are talking about was based on the anime Nemesis watches on your earlier post

I've been tearing up some Initial D. Pretty sweet anime about racing in Japan. The soundtrack is pretty sweet.

Been watching with a friend of mine who recommends it and after I leave I am always speeding and take some pretty hardcore turns while go 30-50mph and listening to the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWhZWX3FnXg

Initial D is super-legit. It's even respected in real-world drifting circles thanks to the creative involvement of Keiichi Tsuchiya, the Drift King. It's a classic.

And yeah, the Initial D Arcade Stage and other arcade games in that brand are based on the anime and manga. Some very neat cars in that show. My fiancee's hell-bent on owning an AE86 and an RX-7 FD3S. They can be imported on the cheap, for the most part.

This month, I'm planning on watching Akira and Spirited Away

I feel somewhat ashamed to say that I have never seen a single Miyazaki film