Official Anime Discussion

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Animes!?

Ganta's English voice demeans his character because you can't take him seriously sometimes.

He sounds like he's 5.

indeed true to his nickname he sounds like a bratty OCD relative of woody woodpecker

I don't get why the author of that article would think that Yu Yu Hakusho needs a reboot. I thought the anime adaptation was perfectly fine as it was (although I kinda want to see Yusuke smoke and drink in the anime like he did in the manga, but that's it)

If anything, I just hope Funimation redubs the Poltergeist Report movie since they've already redubbed the OVAs and the first movie, I think

Reboots are generally just to make the animation more cleaned up and pretty.

HD approved.

I don't think they'd completely change the way they look or anything.

Oh

I keep thinking of a larger scale reboot, you know like a remake that follows the original manga more closely or something

So I've been rewatching Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe today

My feelings about it are kinda mixed but overall positive. It's funny and it has a lot of charm to it

However, my main problems with it, IMO, is that it's kinda all over the place (it's really hard to explain). I might get some hate for this, but while I really like Tenchi, I would probably absolutely love it if it weren't a harem anime. I'm not really crazy about the other girls except Sasami and Mihoshi. ESPECIALLY Ayeka, my God, she is annoying. Annoying personality, annoying voice, just overall not a fan of her, to say the least. I'm going to be honest, I think the main reason Tenchi frustrates me to an extent is her

I would honestly much rather it just be simpler by just being about Tenchi and Ryoko's love for him (and her past, too). Really, I do. She's by FAR the best choice for Tenchi, IMO, and the most interesting and fun character in the series. DEFINITELY one of my favorite fictional females ever

So I just instant queued a bunch of anime on Netflix :wiggle:

Finally finished watching FMA Brotherhood; great series, I loved how it conducted itself to the end. Like a mixture of sadness but happiness at the same time. I'm thinking about reading the manga to see if theres any big differences between Brotherhood and the manga.

Started watching Panty and Stocking b/c a friend told me about it. Its pretty funny; kinda nasty at times, but still funny :laugh:

It's like a fantasy/comedy, I guess

It's kinda hard to explain, but basically it's about this dude who, as a result of falling into a cursed springs during one of his martial arts training journeys, has a curse where if he gets splashed with cold water, he'll turn into a girl and vice versa if he gets splashed with hot water

So you can imagine what kind of shit they could do with that

I'm on Season 2 of Code Geass

thank you YunQ.

Not much fighting at all really, it's just full of really intense betrayal and heart break.

I love it.

Hehehehehehe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH! I knew you love it Papa :twisted:

I ****ing love Deadman's Wonderland.

I'm on Episode 7.

I love how dark, twisted, and gritty it is like when the Wretched Egg makes its first appearance, tearing all those tower guards limb from limb.

Shira, why.

Did you forget the spoiler tags cause I'm watching the same damn thing :mad:

Billy, they're random tower guards.

And do you even know what the Wretched Egg is? :laugh:

^^^^^^^^^

Speaking of Cold Grease, I've been watching Gundam Wing lately; it used to be my favorite one out of the three I've watched (Wing, Seed which was okay and the original which I liked) but that really isn't the case anymore lol. It's still pretty decent but Relena is annoying as hell and the only characters that I really like are Duo and Zechs (he reminds me of Char from the original)

I may just stick to the original series from now on and not **** much with the alternate timelines

Last edited: