Official Anime Discussion

I finally got around to reading a good portion of Girls of the Wild's. I really don't understand why the those girls take such in interest in the main character to the point of stalking him and meddling with his life. There are instances where the protagonist could stand up for himself, but the fact that he is taking responsibility for his siblings and personal sacrifices means he has more mental fortitude than what is one the surface.

Yeah at the beginning it's a little rushed, but I think their meddling is a mix of pity at first, and the fact I think two of them like him for w/e reason.

They also mention later that they kind of wanted a male as part of their group because men have a physical advantage women don't.

So it's a little mix of 3-4 different things and motives.

He becomes less of a puss later.

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Animes!?

Yeah at the beginning it's a little rushed, but I think their meddling is a mix of pity at first, and the fact I think two of them like him for w/e reason.

They also mention later that they kind of wanted a male as part of their group because men have a physical advantage women don't.

So it's a little mix of 3-4 different things and motives.

He becomes less of a puss later.

The part where Gu Jae gets bullied is a painful to somewhat to view/read, though I understand that escalating the situation could make the situation worse, especially when he is the sole guardian for the twins. Thankfully, he's now got a support system to turn his life around. Anyways, now read all the way up to the most recent chapter, I'm looking forward to more.

On a related note, what your opinions about scanlations? I was only able to read "Girls of the Wild's" thanks to scanlators, but since this was web comic made for public viewing, it may not be the same as material published commercially. Do they really hurt the profits of publishers and author(s)? There is a lot of stuff out there that has never had English-language localization. I would like to buy the books, as a way to show support and the fact I like hard copies of books whenever I can get my hands on them...The only problem is the language barrier and if the merchants are willing to ship outside of their country.

Last edited:

The part where Gu Jae gets bullied is a painful to somewhat to view/read, though I understand that escalating the situation could make the situation worse, especially when he is the sole guardian for the twins. Thankfully, he's now got a support system to turn his life around. Anyways, now read all the way up to the most recent chapter, I'm looking forward to more.

On a related note, what your opinions about scanlations? I was only able to read "Girls of the Wild's" thanks to scanlators, but since this was web comic made for public viewing, it may not be the same as material published commercially. Do they really hurt the profits of publishers and author(s)? There is a lot of stuff out there that has never had English-language localization. I would like to buy the books, as a way to show support and the fact I like hard copies of books whenever I can get my hands on them...The only problem is the language barrier and if the merchants are willing to ship outside of their country.

Well You are awesome for wanting to contribute to the people making the product for us.

My view is quite complex.

The act of translating for free I'm fine with.

The thing I'm not fine with is people who enjoy a product, but never make an attempt to support the people giving you your entertainment. If your a person who reads these, but do eventually support/buy their products. I'm fine with that.

But when it comes to NOT being able to purchase the raw materials to support them. There is no other way to support them. And it's support they wouldn't have got anyway because you can't support it even at your best efforts? I don't mind that either. Go ahead and enjoy the media.

The problem with my view is. it's very open to abuse. It's trusting of everyone's character to do the right thing and support what you love. Which not everyone's willing to do. So If I had to pick between being able to stop scanlations, vs letting them continue their business i'd probably choose to stop it. If the company such as Girls of the Wild's wanted to expand their resources to American readers they can do that.

But since Scanlations will happen no matter what. I like the USE of them myself, but I ALWAYS support what i read/watch. I have seen anime translated days after it's T.V. release. But once The DVD's are available. I buy them. I have like 15 volumes of anime on my shelf that are still in the wrapper, because I just bought them as a thanks. And I haven't watched them since.

EDIT:
If it's a web series as in it's putting up the materials on the websites?

Then all you gotta do to support them is go to that website and watch their ads. Views on the ads is how they get their money.

Last edited:

Guys, I'm looking to start watching some anime, but the thing is I don't know what to watch any tips on animes to watch to get me into this whole business? B.T.W I know bleach/one piece/naruto its just they are already in the 400+ zone :S

Guys, I'm looking to start watching some anime, but the thing is I don't know what to watch any tips on animes to watch to get me into this whole business? B.T.W I know bleach/one piece/naruto its just they are already in the 400+ zone :S

What kind of stuff do you like?

The basics IMO are stuff like

Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop

Are great starters.

Just tell me what your interested in and I can lay down some anime names.

I made a post earlier about all the different genres.

I don't know Bleach seemed interesting enough, maybe something similar?

I don't know Bleach seemed interesting enough, maybe something similar?

Most of the ones like Bleach are generally 400+ though lol. they have a formula they go buy that's repeated.

I guess i'll try some suggestions:

Soul Eater:

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

Trust me SSCREM, Critical ain't lying

I can't think of a single significant problem I had with either Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo (definitely in my top 5 favorite animes, BTW, they were both made by the same person, Shinichiro Watanabe). They're short and sweet unlike something like Dragonball, One Piece, Bleach, etc. And they aren't really like "typical" anime, if you get what I mean (you know, like something really weird and random like Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan or some shit lol), so they're really easy to get into

Gurren Lagann, that's after you watch Soul Eater cause it's a little complex. Then Code Geass, then finally Darker Than Black if you want serious anime.

So I watched Ep. 6 of Deadman Wonderland on Cartoon Network and I just died laughing.

Spoiler:
"The b**** actually saved the Prima Roses instead of me! Can you believe that shit!? Hahahaha!" :rofl:
Spoiler:

Deadman Wonderland still pisses me off

Spoiler:
I don't like the first episode because I don't like how all the little friends that Ganta was making at the school got merked by some jackass in a red outfit

Plus Ganta's voice is annoying as hell

This scene is boss, though:

Ganta's dubbed voice is pretty annoying lol; I almost didn't wanna watch it again on that alone lol.

But yeah Deadman Wonderland only gets better from here on. The fights get a lot better too.

WATASHI WA FAIRY TAIRU NO MADOUSHI TA!!!

That show is so easy and fun to watch, it makes for a great passtime.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm watching it English subbed. That voice :bomb:

The first episode is pretty damn sad, still gonna watch though :D

I just finished Big O today

My mind has been thoroughly assraped by the ending