Official Anime Discussion

Not sure if you'd include J/K-Dramas as Anime, but has anyone watch the J-Drama "Life" or read the Manga version.

If you decide to check it out, just know it's not for the faint of heart, especially the manga version (this version has self-cutting and harsher elements). I sometimes watch/read it and become somewhat enraged (almost as much as I was while watching the second half of School Days).

I did the same thing.
It was mad boring during the middle parts. I'll give it credit though, it should how harems could go wrong lmao

Not sure if you'd include J/K-Dramas as Anime, but has anyone watch the J-Drama "Life" or read the Manga version.

Never heard of it. I seen a few J-drama shows before and they are pretty good. I would like to see more live action TV shows from Japan besides toku. I'm a huge fan of Kamen Rider, Ultraman and Super Sentai. The writer of Psycho Pass and Puella Magi Madoka Magica end up writing Kamen Rider Gaim and end up being a awesome show. Sadly the newest Rider show "Kamen Rider Drive" kinda sucks :(.

My summer anime list that I plan to watch this summer:

Aldnoah.Zero
Garo: The Animation
Gundam Build Fighters
JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure (recent anime TV series) - Time to catch up with it.
Parasyte
Psycho Pass - Only seen one episode and it's also written by Gen Urobuchi. Kamen Rider Gaim made me want to check out his other shows.
New Getter Robo
Nisekoi
Samurai Flamenco
Sword Art Online - Let's see what's the hype is about.
xxxHOLiC - Always wanted to watch this show for a while.
Urotsukidoji 3-5 and the 2002 remake series

Check out this show called Jormagund. It's almost like a comedic version of Cowboy Bebop (of course, the story isn't as dark or as deep/spectacular as CB). I don't know if you're sub or dub guys, but the dub voice acting is somewhat on par with Hellsing Ultimate.

Been watching Parasyte on Chruchyroll with my PS4 and I'm loving the show so far. The first two episodes had me hook and I'm already at episode 12 at the moment.

I've been on a tear man. Complete 180 on Anime.

First one I got into was Samurai Champloo. Masterful show, hated the filler episodes, but the core of the show itself was perfection for me. Loved every bit of it, including the incredibly bittersweet ending.

Then watched Michiko E Hatchin. Really enjoyed that one too. Thought the ending was going to go somewhere else, but it was satisfying nonetheless.

After that was "Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto". It's about a dude who can do no wrong, everything he does he does in the most nonchalant, stylish way possible. This was hands down one of the funniest shows I've watched in my life. Uproariously funny, I actually got my girlfriend to watch it with me. And she is hardcore against subtitle anime, but this show was golden. The ending hurt so bad, you really just wanted it to go on forever.

Just started watching To Be Hero today. A little raunchy, but it's still pretty funny. You've gotta be a mega weeb to be able to watch this show tho. The subtitles FLY by, and sometimes theres two characters talking at once.

Next is One Punch Man, then Cowboy Bebop.

Holy shit the world must be ending. Next NS922 will start watching anime.
Btw you got good starter taste in anime my boy

To Be Hero's ending theme is too damn catchy

tony-halebuster-bluthfinger-guns.gif

I've always like the ending them from the Record of Lodoss Wars, "Fantasia of the Wind".

I can no longer find the original, though I do like the Italian version as well.

Honestly, I didn't care for the show that much, but I enjoyed the ending sequence of Gundam Wing, during the brief time I got watch Toonami. That guitar solo.

Last edited: