Official Anime Discussion

There is way too much dirty humor for it to be kid's show, although it's been edited in the Toonami version (especially the nudity). While not on same block, Toonami also aired Cowboy Bebop and Gundam Wing, which are not kid shows either.

That's true. I completely forgot they had different airing times.

I was fortunate enough to borrow this DVD set and eventually got to watch the entire OVA (and eventually the movies and Tenchi in Tokyo), less than year after seeing it on Toonami, I was 15-16 at the time.
516A6SC5Q9L.jpg

Too bad it's been long out of print, since I would have purchased it myself. I love the cover art.

I really enjoy that cover. It's too bad that mask has absolutely no meaning to it other than just looking really cool. I'll probably pick up the OVA blu-ray collection when I get extra cash to do so. I'd like to own the Muyo series.

http://www.amazon.com/Tenchi-Muyo-OVA-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B009B82EZ6

It doesn't have as cool as a cover as the regular DVD one, but it recognizes Ryoko as the best girl and that's all that matters <3

I watched Tenchi in Tokyo, and I dropped it about halfway through....yuck! Funny enough, one of my friends had a Tenchi Muyo VHS a couple of years before it was ever aired on Toonami. I never got to watch it, since we mostly played video games.

I like first opening sequence too, but mostly because of the music.
Tenchi In Tokyo that bad, huh? I have a tasldkjftorrentasdlkj of the whole series downloaded so I'll test out a few episodes.

I also really dig the music in the show. Even the more up-beat silly music I think is pretty good.

Well, after GXP series, the creators finished up the original cast series by telling Tenchi about his true origins in the 3rd OVA, also somewhat figuring out some of the other characters who are regular recurring ones on GXP, such as Seto, Airi, Mitoto, Mikami and Mashisu.

You see they're making a new Tenchi Muyo series? There will be 50 5 minute episodes (wut?)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...yo-series-announced-to-promote-tourism/.74909

Last edited:
I really enjoy that cover. It's too bad that mask has absolutely no meaning to it other than just looking really cool. I'll probably pick up the OVA blu-ray collection when I get extra cash to do so. I'd like to own the Muyo series.

http://www.amazon.com/Tenchi-Muyo-OVA-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B009B82EZ6

It doesn't have as cool as a cover as the regular DVD one, but it recognizes Ryoko as the best girl and that's all that matters <3

The mask is a reference to the first episode, but otherwise doesn't hold any significance to the series.

Tenchi In Tokyo that bad, huh? I have a tasldkjftorrentasdlkj of the whole series downloaded so I'll test out a few episodes.

I also really dig the music in the show. Even the more up-beat silly music I think is pretty good.

I was disappointed. The art quality seems to be lower overall, the gags were not as funny to me.

Have you watched Golden Boy Kzaoo?
That is goddamn hilarious

Isn't that an Ecchi show? I've never once laughed at any Ecchi situations (That's not to say I don't find them amusing... I can just straightface them). I'll give it a spin though.

I want to start watching Samurai Champoo or whatever it's called.
Really lazy though. Might try to marathon it tomorrow

I want to start watching Samurai Champoo or whatever it's called.
Really lazy though. Might try to marathon it tomorrow

Yeah, Samurai Champloo is really good. Boss ass soundtrack, too.
I have no idea how they merged the concepts of Samurai and hip hop culture so well.

Just finished Mirai Nikki/Future Diary, and kinda have a love/hate relationship with it. The way future diaries are used is cool cause it reminds me of Death Note, but the protagonists of the show suck, especially the main dude as all he does is cry and bish 24/7. Yuno is really cool when she goes psycho and kills things, but her actions and such annoy me.

I'm reading Berserk at the moment. Holy shit, there's just some scenes you expect to be skipped over, but BAM! next panel, you're looking at a 9 year old being raped by a big black man. Still, it's really good. The fight scenes are almost as crazy as Samurai Deeper Kyo's (Manga not anime).

I'm wondering why Puck wasn't in the anime, though.