Official Anime Discussion

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Animes!?

I'm not that big on anime. There have been a small few that I liked, but by the time I got to High School I started hating evry anime my friends tried to show me. I'm an open minded guy, but I really dislike some of the re occuring themes I see in anime. I didn't come here to flame so I'm not going to get into that right now. :)

What I DID come in here for, was to ask if anyone here has seen the anime movie "Red Line." A friend of mine showed it to me yesterday, and I actually really enjoyed it.

Just a few things I liked.
1. It had unique character designs, background characters wee as detailed as the ones in hell boy.
2.I thought the fact that the main character raced in a Trans Am, as opposd to some futuristic hover car like everyone else, was metal as ****.
3. Had a pretty sweet soundtrack.
4. The main character didn't fall into the catagory of: whiney kid or Mary Sue.

I like how you had to spend the time to justify that you dislike anime.

But yeah I saw a preview of Red Line. Haven't bothered to give it a chance yet.

@YunQ:
No I haven't seen Code Geass

Red Line sounds nice :)

And Critical I swear on yo momma you best to see Code Geass. Soon. VERY soon.

I like my main characters to be badasses instead of whiney kids too Marco. Like badass enough to rise to any occasion but not a jerk badass

I have no idea how the hell I was able to enjoy watching Cowboy Bebop as a kid, but I did

I was a strange lil chirren

I don't mind characters like Spike & Jet from Cowboy Bebop, That's a decent cartoon. I noticed older 80's japanimation is actually pretty cool. Fist of the North Star was pretty cool too. Gundam G, was pretty corny.. but I was able to get into it after playing Battle Assault 2 for the PS1.

Last edited:

I like City Hunter and Golden Boy....and Sailor Moon, of course. Sailor Moon is boss <3

Vampire Hunter D is right up my alley as well, feckin' awesome.

Red Line sounds nice :)

And Critical I swear on yo momma you best to see Code Geass. Soon. VERY soon.

I like my main characters to be badasses instead of whiney kids too Marco. Like badass enough to rise to any occasion but not a jerk badass

you watched Golden boy for me like a champ. I can give Code Geass a chance even though I really don't want to.

I actually watched... ALOT of sailormoon.....

because it came on before DBZ back when I was in middle school, and I would just go ahead and watch it when I got home while waiting for DBZ.

I wouldn't expect you to like Gundam, anyway ;)

Gundam, especially anything Universal Century-related is the hallmark of good anime, and quite possibly anime's greatest contribution to fiction. It's good animation, but beyond that, great science fiction. The only thing that comes close or equals it in scope is Ghost in the Shell.

Seriously, disliking or ignoring Gundam is like cutting out a big chunk of the Webster dictionary and trying to still have a full language. It's not just an entry into anime, it's literally part of the landscape. Before Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, anime was mostly of the Speed Racer/Space Battleship Yamato/Gatchaman variety. Classics to be sure, but MSG brought Anime into modernity in both terms of animation and subject matter.

I'll have to ask my brother for 2 of their names. But wing and shiny finger for sure. I get lost in the seas of numbers they use in their series so I don't know the exact names.

(And if you answer with anything made after 1993, then you haven't actually watched what I'm getting at).

Your response seems to indicate Gundam Wing (the first of the alternate universe shows) and G Gundam, both of which are nowhere near the caliber of the works set in the Universal Century.

I feel I should leave some clips here, considering the amazing quality of the animation back then. They literally don't make shows like this anymore.

(It's entirely in Japanese, but you should get the context)

Recently finished watching Dessert Punk. Was surprised how hilarious the dialogue was. Pretty good series except for the last two episodes. Also, watching one now about a serial killer who wears a skull mask. Forgot the name at this moment, but so for its cool. The art work is nice.

I've been watching Stein's Gate, loving it so far, it's screws with my mind and makes me laugh at the same time, which is always a plus. I've also been watching Tiger and Bunny, and I gotta say, that show is pretty awesome too; the animation is pretty cool, but considering all the sponsors it has, thats to be expected haha.

Oh, and I absolutely love G Gundam, which is kinda funny b/c I don't really like all the other Gundams lol.

G Gundam is an abomination. lol. I'll like G Savior before G Gundam, and that's saying a lot.