Official Anime Discussion

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Animes!?

Anyone who buys the actual manga when they read is the man. Support the anime you love! :)

I prefer hard copies of books anyways, whether it be comics or textbooks. I just like having a book in my hands instead of having to scroll through a PDF file and such. Which reminds me...I would like to read Akira in its entirety eventually. I got 2 volumes, 4 more to go.

Unfortunately, there is a lot stuff out there that was never published in the West. If there is was Hajime No Ippo available in English, would definitely pick up a copy.

Last edited:

@Critical-Limit yeah i am a super newb at anime, i just started last month with Death note :p , before i watched rurouni kenshin but that was when i was a kid. So far my favorite anime is Code Geass. Does anyone know if Elfen lied is good, i have been watching some trailers and it looks really gory and bloody.

@Critical-Limit yeah i am a super newb at anime, i just started last month with Death note :p , before i watched rurouni kenshin but that was when i was a kid. So far my favorite anime is Code Geass. Does anyone know if Elfen lied is good, i have been watching some trailers and it looks really gory and bloody.

That will be hit or miss with you.

It's hard to explain my standing on it. I ultimately found it about average. Nothing spectacular, but it's definitely NOT trash.

I've met people who REALLY love it though so dunno. It's pretty dark.

Anyone who buys the actual manga when they read is the man. Support the anime you love! :)

Exactly! All my friends called me a dumbass because I bought all the Rosario Vampire volumes. Not only do I want to support the manga but I much prefer having the book to take along with me to school and stuff.

That will be hit or miss with you.

It's hard to explain my standing on it. I ultimately found it about average. Nothing spectacular, but it's definitely NOT trash.

I've met people who REALLY love it though so dunno. It's pretty dark.

Okay then i will not watch elfen lied i will try Cowboy Bebop, FMA and darker than black.

Rosario+Vampire's English is so damn American.

*Kurumu jumps down*

"Look at the boobs on her!"
"Damn those are some fantastic tits!!!"

Oh god...

How many people here remember watching an anime called Blood +?

This.... Because of Jade this has become one of my favorite anime movie :)
61CDK8QP4SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hamtaro wasnt all that bad

cmon they were just little hampsters. **** off if you have something bad to say about it

Why the **** was that cutesy shit on TOONAMI of all places

There, I said it. Come at me

I still watch Hellsing on regular basis. That anime never gets old.

anyone remember Kiki's Delivery Service?

I remember they would show it on Disney channel of all places in the late 90's

anyone remember Kiki's Delivery Service?

I remember they would show it on Disney channel of all places in the late 90's

I watched when I was still in my teens. I wouldn't appreciate it if I was younger, being used to faster-paced films.

I'm not surprised that it was played on the Disney Channel. Disney holds the rights distribute Studio Ghibli films outside Japan, if I recall correctly.

How many people here remember watching an anime called Blood +?

Seen it. It's okay. To be honest, I liked the live-action movie, Blood: The Last Vampire better, for some reason. The anime never really resonated with me, though it had Rule of Cool in spades for the main character.

I watched a great little anime a few months ago called STR.A.In (Strategic Armored Infantry); it was actually a really good show for being an obscure, half-season show (13 episodes). It was the first anime I've ever seen that actually treated interstellar travel with some sense of underlying reality (no lightspeed, just near-light, no use/abuse of artificial gravity). Weird but good show. It reminded me a lot of a similar, half-season show, Starship Operators, but not as upbeat.