What character do you dislike the most?

Really good Cyrax players with their elaborate bomb traps practically shut me out sometimes. But I dislike Kenshi zoners more.

I can deal with the Bomb trap, but I agree with the Kenshi Keep away game. His EX specials are so god like man :C

I only slightly distastefully dislike playing against Quan Chi.

Rune Trap is annoying, The fact I don't know where his overheads/lows are is annoying (My fault)

his teleport is such an annoying thing online and I miss the punish when he lands next to me most of the time.

Cyrax players who are so reliant on their net.

They have these insane combos but can only start them with that net so it makes the match easy sauce and un-entertaining.

Rune Trap is annoying, The fact I don't know where his overheads/lows are is annoying (My fault)

his teleport is such an annoying thing online and I miss the punish when he lands next to me most of the time.

I just usually block low and fuzzy Guard high.

Don't worry, he becomes easy as hell once you figure out his overheads/lows.

First good Quan Chi I ever fought was CBK-DARKS I think his name was.
Dude destroyed me, but we kept playing over and over and eventually I realized his patterns.
But his Rune trap?

Yeah you're screwed dude :laugh:

Don't worry, he becomes easy as hell once you figure out his overheads/lows.

First good Quan Chi I ever fought was CBK-DARKS I think his name was.
Dude destroyed me, but we kept playing over and over and eventually I realized his patterns.
But his Rune trap?

Yeah you're screwed dude :laugh:

lol, only counter to that is to make him breaker by outplaying him lol

I'm a Sheeva player, but the one other time I played another Sheeva player, sucked. I knew Sheeva had this horrible rep of spamming her Teleport Stomps when I started learning her, so I intentionally never use it (except to position myself for a fatality, just to remind the person I beat that I didn't forget the stomp, I just don't use it). I started playing this other Sheeva guy, I could hear him on the mic, "Hey babe, we got another Sheeva player here. Cool." I threw him around a bit and then he just spam-stomped me to the end. My timing with the jump back-kick thing was poor (Sheeva, why you so slow, girl, haha). After the game, I'm just thinking, "You are making her look bad, guy."

Whatever. I need to get spam-stomped more often so I can learn to counter it better. Maybe try neutral jump punch next time.

I'm a Sheeva player, but the one other time I played another Sheeva player, sucked. I knew Sheeva had this horrible rep of spamming her Teleport Stomps when I started learning her, so I intentionally never use it (except to position myself for a fatality, just to remind the person I beat that I didn't forget the stomp, I just don't use it). I started playing this other Sheeva guy, I could hear him on the mic, "Hey babe, we got another Sheeva player here. Cool." I threw him around a bit and then he just spam-stomped me to the end. My timing with the jump back-kick thing was poor (Sheeva, why you so slow, girl, haha). After the game, I'm just thinking, "You are making her look bad, guy."

Whatever. I need to get spam-stomped more often so I can learn to counter it better. Maybe try neutral jump punch next time.

Your last sentence is the correct mindset.

But i disagree with the main paragraph.

IF your stomp is working and you're reading the hell out of them. you should keep it up.

There are alot of combo setups as well, that leave you for a stomp set up.

I think you should use all your tools in your arsenal.

The fact that you avoided using it though as upped your ground game which is a good thing. Stomp spam will not win your tournaments. But if it works on a particular player you shouldn't stop using it to keep yourself from looking bad "in your eyes"

The fact that you avoided using it though as upped your ground game which is a good thing. Stomp spam will not win your tournaments. But if it works on a particular player you shouldn't stop using it to keep yourself from looking bad "in your eyes"

Thanks, this is good advice. I find that with tough zoners like Kenshi I need the teleport. I just don't think of it in time and will have to work on that.

Thanks, this is good advice. I find that with tough zoners like Kenshi I need the teleport. I just don't think of it in time and will have to work on that.

Any Kenshi player at the other end of the map with a Sheeva Jump Stomp incoming would be pretty screwed, if I don't say so myself.

If I ever got attacked by a Sheeva Jump Stomp, I'd just troll them with Kabal. XD

Any Kenshi player at the other end of the map with a Sheeva Jump Stomp incoming would be pretty screwed, if I don't say so myself.

If I ever got attacked by a Sheeva Jump Stomp, I'd just troll them with Kabal. XD

I don't mind Kabal. At least I can see his long range attacks coming and he gets within melee range sometimes.

Several times, on accident, I've enhance-grabbed Kabal out of his nomad dash and even his X-ray dash. Both, me and the Kabal player, were like WTF. XD

I hate Scorpion because 85% of the fights i play are against him and they all just do random teleports, hellfire, and spear, the stupid thing is, i just cant figure out how to beat it. Raiden and Smoke for their teleports, and Reptile because they always spam his Dash Elbow move and i can't get him away from me for breathing room.

I hate Scorpion because 85% of the fights i play are against him and they all just do random teleports, hellfire, and spear, the stupid thing is, i just cant figure out how to beat it. Raiden and Smoke for their teleports, and Reptile because they always spam his Dash Elbow move and i can't get him away from me for breathing room.

Scorpions that play like that have the same loop strategy.

Basically what you got to do is almost never jump. he does hellfire to bait a jump so he can teleport punch you or spear you.

If he hellfires you and you're near him you get to attack/pressure for free.

Usually they do 1-2 hellfires then do a super unsafe teleport punch or spear. So just stay grounded. A grounded you that can block on reaction to spear/teleport punch. = full punishment for you. hellfire only deals like 10%. Eat like 2, get in on him for free.

Once in a blue moon you should jump when you think he might throw his FIRST hellfire, or if he truly just starts spamming it like he's getting to 3-4 in a row. Think about maybe jumping.

Scorpion should eat a full combo from you on any correct guess you make. He only gets a combo off 1 guess (when you jump) hellfire option is just a jump bait. Don't always take it.

I can destroy most Ermacs.

The problems for me are Shaolin Monks. Liu Kang because of his back 3 1 2 combo I think thats what it is.

I do not like complaining about Lao, I love to play him. But hes too fast for me to punish.

I main Kabal, but if used against me I stand no chance of getting past the NDC or IAGB.

Playing against Noob bores me to death its blocking til you get close enough then waiting for him to try to get you with a tele then punish.

I main Cyrax as well, but a majority of Cyrax players do spam nets way to much.

I main main Shang Tsung hes my first in line. I stand no chance against the Reptile, Lao, or Kabal. Much too fast for Shangs slow self.

eh im actually fine with pretty everyone, i like all the characters, and try to play them all.
which is why my main is shang tsung.
if i had to choose though?
probably the "top" characters that everyone chooses because they think they look cool, or are "easy" to use.
(scorpion, smoke, noob) while there are so many interesting characters they could have chosen instead. i mean i have yet to actually see a shang tsung player (who's not mirror-matching), sektor, rain(or any of the dlc characters for that matter). its why i quit MK for awhile, constantly facing kung laos, scorpions, smokes, and raidens, makes the game incredibly boring to me.