What character do you dislike the most?

I thought about Kratos, but it's Freddy now. I'm not talking bout gameplay, only to say that I hate, HATE guest characters. The exact idea of having gust chars in the game I love so much =|

I hate Scorpion because 85% of the fights i play are against him and they all just do random teleports, hellfire, and spear, the stupid thing is, i just cant figure out how to beat it. Raiden and Smoke for their teleports, and Reptile because they always spam his Dash Elbow move and i can't get him away from me for breathing room

ermac and kenshi. you cant see their moves coming because they require no physical contact and the range is overpowered. just not fair at all. i never used these characters because theres no way not to be cheap with these players.

i f-ing hate "ERMAC", cause its always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, always the same f-ing combo, all over, cant see it anymore.

i also hate f-ing "KANO" and of course f-ing "RAIDEN".

This... priceless :) idd Ermac's too easy and his range and strength are ridiculous. Rayden's my Anti-Ermac Cannon, always the same teleport, always the same teleport, always the same teleport, always the same teleport, hehehe :)

I hate Scorpion because 85% of the fights i play are against him and they all just do random teleports, hellfire, and spear, the stupid thing is, i just cant figure out how to beat it. Raiden and Smoke for their teleports, and Reptile because they always spam his Dash Elbow move and i can't get him away from me for breathing room

Mileena :) (almost) NEVER failed me against Scorpion, Reptile and Smoke, anticipate and react with the proper counter.

Ermac's a beast. Sadly all his long combos are some variation of kick, punch, lift, tele, tele... Of all characters I think Sub-Zero's a ***** to fight against.

I like playing Ermacs. They're so cheap it's almost fun to beat them. I can find a lot of ways to counter their shtuff. My least favorite character to play by FAR is Kano... I cannot win against Kano for the life of me. Scorpion is a close runner-up because of his teleport, hell fire, etc.... mainly his ability to slowly chip away at your health if the player knows what he's doing.

I play as Cyrax... So and yes I spam the net, and I base my combos off the 'Cyrax Nonsense' vid... But I try not to be a super cheapo. I switch it up a lot and try to counter every one of my opponents move instead of trying to land 'that one damn combo'.

Kano is horrible. Spam knife and up ball.
Raiden is dumb. Teleport and Superman.
Reptile is just a repeat of Elbow Dash.

Gonna now have to go with Kenshi and Ermac.

Kenshi because it's like fighting a ghost. He's the only character in the game that can hurt you in the style of a "projectile" without it actually acting AS a projectile.

Ermac because his moves are easily spammable and can cancel other special moves (like his lift picking up SZ out of slide or Cage out of his dash kick).

I would have to say kano.
I think I hate everything about the character his accent his stupid lines his dumb ass moves and the way players spam him.

If I run into a good kano I don't get as mad but I still for the life of me can not get myself to like the guy.

runners up are ermac, scorpion, raiden, and kung lao (sorry for spelling).
These are really only for the players that use them, I just get tired of seeing the same combos over and over and over and over. Other than that they are cool characters.

I really don't like Sheeva. Really. Her costume is annoying and I hate the 4 arms thing going on. Hated her teleport stomp move since MK3 and I think she's just slow, and ugly, and I'm not feelin it. Everyone else I'm fine with except for when my cheap friend does the teleport with Noob for a whole round, but that's just him :) Online play-wise, who's the cheapest (or most annoying) and why? I just haven't played online weel enough to know what's what. Any warnings?

I really don't like Sheeva. Really. Her costume is annoying and I hate the 4 arms thing going on. Hated her teleport stomp move since MK3 and I think she's just slow, and ugly, and I'm not feelin it. Everyone else I'm fine with except for when my cheap friend does the teleport with Noob for a whole round, but that's just him :) Online play-wise, who's the cheapest (or most annoying) and why? I just haven't played online weel enough to know what's what. Any warnings?

Oh... My God. Get ready for an army of spamming Ermac combos, kung lao hat tosses, subzero's ice clones and ice balls, and smoke's teleport spam.

I like all of the characters in MK9, even the ones I used to hate, all because they were remade epically.
But these are the characters I used to hate:

Rain-
A stupid clone of all of the ninjas. His lightning was taken from Nightwolf, and that mind control orb was plain stupid and uninspired. His Fatalities sucked, and his MKA reincarnation sucked, and he just SUCKED. Not to say he was named after a Prince Song.

Sheeva- She's pretty cool, but she used to be the worst character in the game. Goro was CHEAP, Kintaro was CHEAP, so Sheeva should be AT LEAST average, if not in the top 10 characters in the game.

Human Smoke-
He's Great in MK9, but otherwise he was a clone of Scorpion.

Characters that I still hate:

Mokap- Need I say more?

Blaze in MKDA- He's a rip off of Cinder from KI, doesn't even have a Fatality, and just is an uninspired design.

Hsu Hao- A sailor with a laser producer on his chest. He has monkey ears, too.

Moloch and Drahmin- They both are messed up. Moloch looks blocky and has the IQ of a banana. Drahmin has that dumb move "Ball 'o Flies", which is SSOOO stupid. I mean, it actually hurts you for some dumb reason. I mean, just listen: Ball 'o Flies.

In order, 1 is the one I hate the most.

From MK9

1 - Kano: He's generic, lame and dumb, he's moves are stupid, he just turns magically into a cannonball and throw knives, and he also has a totally useless bionic laser eye, laaaaaame character.
2 - Sonya: She is generic as f*** she doesnt do anything, just move her legs in weird ways, she is boring as hell.
3 - Jax: I dont like grapplers, and I hate his tupid quotes "Gotcha", "Bring it", just shut up...
4 - Sindel: Screaming old lady.... boooooooooooooring, also her design is horrible.
5 - Sheeva: She just doesnt deserve to be in MK.
6- Nightwolf: I dont know how he made it to MK, he just randomly appeared.
7 - Shang Tsung: Booooooooring, he just throws skulls and he has a so poor personality that he turns into other people.
Honorable Mention: Freddy Krueger, he doesnt belong and his moves look retarded.

From other MK's

1 - Tanya: the main reason is that people is still requesting this lame, generic and boring character, that doesnt bring anything new to the game.
2 - Frost - Lame Subbie copy for girls, she's a blazphemy.
3 - Darrious: generic black guy.
4 - Kobra: generic white guy.
5 - Mavado: generic hispanic guy.

Last edited:
Meleena is so damn annoying, especially that she is becoming more popular and its so hard to read her, because all of her moves are so unpredictable. Today I even lost to a guy who's best combo was ball roll and uppercut only because meleena's normals were far superior than my kitana

Rain-
A stupid clone of all of the ninjas. His lightning was taken from Nightwolf, and that mind control orb was plain stupid and uninspired. His Fatalities sucked, and his MKA reincarnation sucked, and he just SUCKED. Not to say he was named after a Prince Song.
LOL 1st) Rain was NEVER a clone of anyone, he was actually one of the very few ninjas who actually had a unique gameplay back in UMK3. 2nd) It was actually Nightwolf who stole Rain's lightning, not the opposite buddy.

But yeah, there are really no bad characters in MK9.

The ones I dispise though are these:

- Scorpion: it's getting to a point that one cares anymore. Scorpion is a n00b character, predictable and simply BLAND personality-wise and overdone design-wise, always the same ****ing shit. I am actually glad someone picks Scorpion = easy win.

- Smoke: I was actually expecting someone who actually looked bad ass and serious and yet we got a meterossexual shemale who looked like he/she was taken from a Pantene commercial. Also his gameplay is n00b friendly. And his personality is ridiculous.

- Noob Saibot: design-wise he's actually good, I give him that, but Gosh, he's the king of spammers who pretend to be zoners. Just ****ing admit you're spammer and be done with it, nobody cares.

- Reptile/Sheeva/Baraka: unique gameplays yes, but I loled everytime in the storyline because of them. USELESS characters.

The "ninjas" were somewhat disappointing in this game, fortunately Sub-Zero, Ermac and Rain keep the bad ass-feeling going on for me.

:p

Rain-[/B][/B] A stupid clone of all of the ninjas. His lightning was taken from Nightwolf, and that mind control orb was plain stupid and uninspired. His Fatalities sucked, and his MKA reincarnation sucked, and he just SUCKED. Not to say he was named after a Prince Song.

If you are going to hate Rain at least tell a good reason and dont invent stuff please...

1 - He's not a clone of any ninja, he was unique since the first time he appeared in UMK3, he had moves noone had.
2 - Nightwolf stole his lightning move, not the other way, do some research please....
3 - The water bubble is one of the most unique moves in the entire franchise with a unique propertie.
4 - He's VERY inspired, how many characters manipulate water?
5 - His fatalities are totally awesome
6 - His MKA incarnation looked amazing and had a totally original moveset, it was a great revamp of his UMK3 basic concept.
7 - He was named after a prince song, so what? does his gameplay look terrible cause of that? does he look bad because of that? NO, he's still the same with or without a name based on a prince song.

Please, do some research, and If you are going to hate a character, do it with an existing reason and dont invent stuff to make it seems you are right, or at least just say "I just dont like him", wich is a very valid reason.

And yes, Im a huge Rain fan, that's why I know what I'm talking about.