What character do you dislike the most?

If Mileena were a real person, she would be the one I would perform a real-life fatality on the absolute most! She's an effin' SLUT!

Cunning twin assassin Mileena > slutty mind of a 4 year old Mileena

Ehhh...

See I hate/like her new personality.

It is wacky, but it keeps her a lot different from Baraka and makes her more of a savage.

But at the same time, I do get annoyed by her childish personality.

Her arcade ending is awesome though.

I always give characters a chance, and I don't immediately have an opinion about them based on things like "copies" before I even give them a chance.

As I said in my last post, I gave CSZ a chance and still didn't like him.
I always give things a try before I say I don't like them, as far as games, movies, music and food goes.

Raiden from Metal Gear is copying Grey Fox.

Yet I have uber respect for both characters because they are no where near the same person.

Raiden from MGS is another story, and I hate him just as much if not even more than I do CSZ and Frost put together, but for different reasons.
Raiden from MGS is another character that needs to permanently die.

When it comes to Kuai Lang and him becoming a robot. It doesn't bother me because Kuai lang is not dead... I see him as a person. not as a blue ice ninja.

I see Kuai-Liang as an iconic cyromancer ninja, who was avenging his brother's killer, which NRS destroyed by turning into a mindless robot because Raiden was acting like a giant p****.

not saying you see things ONLY this way.

i'm just saying my mind easily bypasses that stuff as trivial importance to the development of the games story progression.

I see the importance in the games progression (story), which is why I mentioned my dislike towards the issue at hand, as far as how Kuai Liang's story was poorly written from Chapter 12 and on, in this NEW game.

You got multiple people who are "Jedi's" but use the force in different ways no one gets upset that there are a bunch of "copy jedis" in star wars. because people easily see the "character"

Same as there are "cyromancers" to "Jedi's"

I see it the same way.

The difference is that there aren't 2 or 3 Luke Skywalker clones or 2 or 3 Darth Vader clones running around.
There is 1 only Luke Skywalker and 1 Darth Vader.
The rest belong to the Jedi or Dark Side, but are not DIRECT clones of the main characters at hand.

.......AFTER he was reprogrammed.
Before that, YES, he was mindless.

that lasted about 1 (Maybe 2 fights?)

It makes sense for that direction for him to "temporarily" be mindless.
And they obviously agreed with you that keeping him mindless was a bad idea so they QUICKLY had him reprogrammed. I mean they didn't dwindle with that at all. He gained his conciousness back really quickly.

We're at a empass because I don't think his story was so poorly done.

atleast your guy didn't become Quan Chi's little B-word.

Or killed off w/o any real development(Jade)

Or lacked a chapter (Sektor)

He had 2 chapters. I think they gave a shit about him. You just hate cyber so much, you see it as trashing him.

Just my assumptions.

about the starwars thing.. what are you talking about??

I never said having 2 Kuai Langs is ok.

what I said was adding someone like Frost. into the mix is no different than introducing a new jedi. They aren't the same.

if you're talking about there being 2 kuai langs on the roster...? that's because MK9 covered so much story ground that it wouldn't make sense to exclude both version of kuai lang since he's RADICALLY different in half the story.

2 in the Roster does not equal story 2 of the same person in the story at the same time.

It's like there's 2 different Darth Vaders.

You got anikin skywalker and then when he becomes Vader.

2 so different that if they were in a fighting game they'd probably be their own characters (on the roster) but obviously there aren't 2 anikins in the storymode.

I don't understand your argument.

Last edited:
that lasted about 1 (Maybe 2 fights?)

It makes sense for that direction for him to "temporarily" be mindless.
And they obviously agreed with you that keeping him mindless was a bad idea so they QUICKLY had him reprogrammed. I mean they didn't dwindle with that at all. He gained his conciousness back really quickly.

We're at a empass because I don't think his story was so poorly done.

Then we can agree to disagree.

Critical-Limit said:
atleast your guy didn't become Quan Chi's little B-word.

Or killed off w/o any real development(Jade)

Or lacked a chapter (Sektor)

He had 2 chapters. I think they gave a shit about him. You just hate cyber so much, you see it as trashing him.

Just my assumptions.

Scorpion has been Quan Chi's b**** since MK4.
He didn't become anything new in MK9.

I agree with you as far as Jade and Sektor go.
It would have been nice to have had more of them in story mode (as far as playability go), along with Baraka, Mileena and Reptile

As far as your assumptions go, they're wrong.
The only reason Cyber Sub-Zero had a chapter is because NRS could just let Cyber Sub-Zero disappear without explaining what happened, because then there would be a gap in the story.
That's the ONLY reason they added his story.

In all the trailers where Sub-Zero is fighting Scorpion, bookends (Kollerctor's Edition) and art, Sub-Zero is getting the shit end of the stick.
Not to mention that Scorpion is even the NRS logo.

MK_KE_XBOX_EMEA.jpg

1780531-dsc02694_super.jpg

Silly me.
Maybe NRS DOES like Sub-Zero.

Critical-Limit said:
about the starwars thing.. what are you talking about??

I never said having 2 Kuai Langs is ok.

what I said was adding someone like Frost. into the mix is no different than introducing a new jedi. They aren't the same.

if you're talking about there being 2 kuai langs on the roster...? that's because MK9 covered so much story ground that it wouldn't make sense to exclude both version of kuai lang since he's RADICALLY different in half the story.

2 in the Roster does not equal story 2 of the same person in the story at the same time.

It's like there's 2 different Darth Vaders.

You got anikin skywalker and then when he becomes Vader.

2 so different that if they were in a fighting game they'd probably be their own characters (on the roster) but obviously there aren't 2 anikins in the storymode.

I don't understand your argument.

I'm not talking about having 2 Sub-Zeros on the roster.
I was comparing your whole Jedi argument with Frost, Cyber Sub-Zero and Sub-Zero.
Even though they have cyromancer powers, much like the jedis have the same power as Darth Vader, they are no substitute for Human Sub-Zero and the jedis will never be a replacement for Darth Vader.

Simple as that.

Then we can agree to disagree.

Scorpion has been Quan Chi's b**** since MK4.
He didn't become anything new in MK9.

I agree with you as far as Jade and Sektor go.
It would have been nice to have had more of them in story mode (as far as playability go), along with Baraka, Mileena and Reptile

As far as your assumptions go, they're wrong.
The only reason Cyber Sub-Zero had a chapter is because NRS could just let Cyber Sub-Zero disappear without explaining what happened, because then there would be a gap in the story.
That's the ONLY reason they added his story.

In all the trailers where Sub-Zero is fighting Scorpion, bookends (Kollerctor's Edition) and art, Sub-Zero is getting the shit end of the stick.
Not to mention that Scorpion is even the NRS logo.

View attachment 4516

View attachment 4517

Silly me.
Maybe NRS DOES like Sub-Zero.

I'm not talking about having 2 Sub-Zeros on the roster.
I was comparing your whole Jedi argument with Frost, Cyber Sub-Zero and Sub-Zero.
Even though they have cyromancer powers, much like the jedis have the same power as Darth Vader, they are no substitute for Human Sub-Zero and the jedis will never be a replacement for Darth Vader.

Simple as that.

except that Darth vader died, and someone has to become the bad guy?

The story continues in novels as far as I know.

No one is REPLACING darth vader. Just like Frost isn't replacing subzero.

You just think that's the case because if subzero is absent, and a character with similar powers comes in that you don't like. It looks like a replacement.

If another sith lord with the same darkside force powers as vader comes in, wearing all black but looked different. would you consider that... a replacement?

anytime you kill a top figure, and the story must continue, then obviously attention must be directed at somebody else.

Frost/subzero existed in the same game together.

She's never been a "replacement" she's only getting that title from you I think because this time in the storyline it appears kuai lang died as CSZ.

and she coincindentally(SP?) due for her reappearance soon.

I explained how I see more ice ninjas, they aren't clones to me, unless they have the same exact back story.

of course that'd be kind of dumb if half the roster was ice ninjas. but just a few I have no problems.

similar to, Mario and Doctor mario, being the same person with really similar moveset being in Smash bros melee, I'm cool with 2 or 3. but if half the cast were different version of mario. then obviously it's going a bit too far.

I also personally visually like seeing human subzero over cyber. But what's done is done. and I think it'd be more cheesey to bring him back as human after all that, than to just leave him a cyborg.

I hope Bi-han becomes human subzero for you lol.

so you can have enough enthusiasm to buy the next game at launch.

also those toys prove nothing. I don't think it's that they hate subzero.

I think it's just they love scorpion. and subzero just HAPPENS to be his rival.

If someone like Cyrax as his rival instead. Cyrax would be getting his ass kicked instead.

except that Darth vader died, and someone has to become the bad guy?

The story continues in novels as far as I know.

No one is REPLACING darth vader. Just like Frost isn't replacing subzero.

You just think that's the case because if subzero is absent, and a character with similar powers comes in that you don't like. It looks like a replacement.

If another sith lord with the same darkside force powers as vader comes in, wearing all black but looked different. would you consider that... a replacement?

anytime you kill a top figure, and the story must continue, then obviously attention must be directed at somebody else.

Frost/subzero existed in the same game together.

She's never been a "replacement" she's only getting that title from you I think because this time in the storyline it appears kuai lang died as CSZ.

and she coincindentally(SP?) due for her reappearance soon.

I explained how I see more ice ninjas, they aren't clones to me, unless they have the same exact back story.

of course that'd be kind of dumb if half the roster was ice ninjas. but just a few I have no problems.

similar to, Mario and Doctor mario, being the same person with really similar moveset being in Smash bros melee, I'm cool with 2 or 3. but if half the cast were different version of mario. then obviously it's going a bit too far.

I also personally visually like seeing human subzero over cyber. But what's done is done. and I think it'd be more cheesey to bring him back as human after all that, than to just leave him a cyborg.

I hope Bi-han becomes human subzero for you lol.

so you can have enough enthusiasm to buy the next game at launch.

also those toys prove nothing. I don't think it's that they hate subzero.

I think it's just they love scorpion. and subzero just HAPPENS to be his rival.

If someone like Cyrax as his rival instead. Cyrax would be getting his ass kicked instead.

Frost wasn't only a clone by looks.
She had his ground freeze/ ice puddle, his freeze and his ground slide.
She cloned him in moves to which was the MOST upsetting.
The only original thing she had were her kori blades.

If a female or male figure came wearing Darth Vader's exact uniform with the same mask and same powers, I'm sure that Star Wars fans would be UBER pissed if it wasn't Anakin under the mask.

It isn't in just the toys.
It's all the videos that feature Sub-Zero and Scorpion that have Scorpion always getting the upper-hand.

I've also stated before that it's possible for Bi-Han to become Sub-Zero again (via the Soulnado), but people shat on that possibility too, so I dropped it.
It's not worth trying to discuss the possibility of him coming back human if people are just going to shit on it.
Why should I even bother? :mullet:

Frost wasn't only a clone by looks.
She had his ground freeze/ ice puddle, his freeze and his ground slide.
She cloned him in moves to which was the MOST upsetting.
The only original thing she had were her kori blades.

If a female or male figure came wearing Darth Vader's exact uniform with the same mask and same powers, I'm sure that Star Wars fans would be UBER pissed if it wasn't Anakin under the mask.

It isn't in just the toys.
It's all the videos that feature Sub-Zero and Scorpion that have Scorpion always getting the upper-hand.

I've also stated before that it's possible for Bi-Han to become Sub-Zero again (via the Soulnado), but people shat on that possibility too, so I dropped it.
It's not worth trying to discuss the possibility of him coming back human if people are just going to shit on it.
Why should I even bother? :mullet:

Again, I think it's just their love for scorpion, and not hate for subzero. Subzero just happens to be scorpions target, cuz they're rivals.

I actually like your soulnado theory. I think that's the best way to appease everyone.

yes she CLONED his previous SPECIAL moves. but in that specific game. They only shared 1 move. They split up subzero's old ice moves between him and her. But we're talking about a future game...

where it's actually possible to change the game mechanics... meaning this time she can be a 100% not a clone. and instead of hoping she's not an annoying character, that just has all of subzero's normals and specials. you just instantly don't like her before her -redo- on a 2-D plane.

about the darth vader costume,

I agree, that'd be kind of lame.

but... Frost's costume doesn't look anything like subzero's outside of the V thing which alot of the ninja's shared. and that she wears blue...

You all think about Mileena as a slut for some reason, but this is wrong, she is a predator and her looks is her bait. She is meneater after all. And there is nothing wrong with women looks attractive in the first place. I like big boobs and sexual manerisms and clothes, you don't?

About Frost: she was created as female Sub-Zero's version, so you can consider her as a clon, however there were 2 Sub-Zeros on the roster screen before (and after her), because Sub-Zero have giant number of special moves and there always fans who like ones over others. Also, as Critical-Limit said, she can be no longer a clone moveset vise, but have her own specials. I like to think that in future MK games she will use ice more like a weapon that makes damage, than freeze her victims just like Sub-Zero. I like her from her introduction in MKDA, for me she feels like refreshment and at the same time going back to roots for Sub-Zero character.

Again, I think it's just their love for scorpion, and not hate for subzero. Subzero just happens to be scorpions target, cuz they're rivals.

You have a good point, but it just seems a little lop-sided towards Scorpion, to me.
Don't get me wrong, I love them both.

Critical-Limit said:
I actually like your soulnado theory. I think that's the best way to appease everyone.
You're one of the few then. ;)
I remember people shooting it down saying that "Noob isn't a symbiote" and jumping to conclusions, without hearing the rest of the explanation or other possibilities I had in mind.

Critical-Limit said:
yes she CLONED his previous SPECIAL moves. but in that specific game. They only shared 1 move. They split up subzero's old ice moves between him and her. But we're talking about a future game...

where it's actually possible to change the game mechanics... meaning this time she can be a 100% not a clone. and instead of hoping she's not an annoying character, that just has all of subzero's normals and specials. you just instantly don't like her before her -redo- on a 2-D plane.

I agree that she can be a 100% not clone this time around, but I have my doubts until NRS proves me other-wise, that she will steal Sub-Zeros moves.
NRS has done it in the past, and past history leads me to believe that there is that possibility.
I don't want to see them repeat the past.

The same goes for Liu Kang.
I didn't think that NRS would kill Liu Kang again, and yet they did.
Even though they might go in a different direction, this time around, the possibility of Zombie Liu Kang again is VERY possible.

Critical-Limit said:
about the darth vader costume,

I agree, that'd be kind of lame.

but... Frost's costume doesn't look anything like subzero's outside of the V thing which alot of the ninja's shared. and that she wears blue...

I dunno.
Seems quite similar in design to me.

3466gsk.jpg

FrostRender1.jpg

Frost actually would've made more sense had she officially been billed in canon as the biological sister of Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot (the existence of such a sister has been confirmed on the long-defunct official MK Mythologies website), but that has been denied by John Vogel from the very start, which effectively made her a wasted copycat character.

Frost actually would've made more sense had she officially been billed in canon as the biological sister of Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot (the existence of such a sister has been confirmed on the long-defunct official MK Mythologies website), but that has been denied by John Vogel from the very start, which effectively made her a wasted copycat character.

Frost was a Sub-Zero copy-cat character back in the day because she used the same Sub-Zero moves and had the same Sub-Zero costume back in the day.

The ONLY reason I accepted Kuai-Liang as a Sub-Zero, after all these years, was because;

1) No one knew that Bi-Han was Noob Saibot until MK: Deception
and
2) In the OG timeline, without Kuai-Liang taking up the moniker of his older brother, there would be NO Sub-Zero.

In MK9 we have Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot and Cyber-Sub-Zero.
Assuming that the 3 of them will be back for MK10, we don't need a 4th Sub-Zero type ninja for MK10.

TBH, the 3 of them in MK9 were unnecessary.
MK9 would have been fine with just Noob Saibot and Sub-Zero.
Cyber Sub-Zero is a wasted space on the roster that could have been used for Rain instead.
MK9 would have felt incomplete without Rain as DLC.

Last edited:
Similar not the same.

her design is better even.

And just like Jedi's similarly wear robes,

But not all their robes are exactly the same.

Cyromancers probably wear V shaped blue stuff.

and I admitted that those were the only 2 real similarities. The design, and the gauntlets, the hair, the mask are different.

once again I said the only similar things are the V-shape thingy, and the Blue.