What character do you dislike the most?

I never see Sektors either. Makes me sad honestly. I must continue to spread the word of the Red Messiah

Sheeva and Stryker are still on my "shit" list, but they've made it off my "f*** you, I hope you die and never come back" list.
It's just a lesser type of shit list.

Frost, on the other hand, is on my "f*** you, I hope you die and never come back" list.
If she is in MK10, I hope Baraka slices her arms off, then Scorpion slices her vertically with his sword (spilling her guts out), then Mileena stabs her feet and rips her torso off, followed by Mileena then ripping her head off and eating her face.

Seriously, F*** FROST!!!!!

I'm just sick and tired of the "frost could replace Sub-Zero" bullshit talk.
Not no, but HELL NO!!!
Frost is not an original character, she's just Sub-Zero with tits.
If they aren't going to give her some original moves, then they should just put Sub-Zero in.

It's like the whole Jarek in MK4 thing all over again.
For that, just put Kano in.

I don't want ANY female version of a male ninja with the same powers.
Dammit NRS, come up with some original shit.
Just because they have the same colors as the male counter parts, doesn't mean they should be a blatant rip-off.

Raiden, he's the only guy that has a teleport that favors lag. You can't hit him as he starts a teleport so that sucks.

My connection is a bit weaksauce, but it works damnit. I'll look for you when I get out of work.

Sheeva and Stryker are still on my "shit" list, but they've made it off my "f*** you, I hope you die and never come back" list.
It's just a lesser type of shit list.

Frost, on the other hand, is on my "f*** you, I hope you die and never come back" list.
If she is in MK10, I hope Baraka slices her arms off, then Scorpion slices her vertically with his sword (spilling her guts out), then Mileena stabs her feet and rips her torso off, followed by Mileena then ripping her head off and eating her face.

Seriously, F*** FROST!!!!!

I'm just sick and tired of the "frost could replace Sub-Zero" bullshit talk.
Not no, but HELL NO!!!
Frost is not an original character, she's just Sub-Zero with tits.
If they aren't going to give her some original moves, then they should just put Sub-Zero in.

It's like the whole Jarek in MK4 thing all over again.
For that, just put Kano in.

I don't want ANY female version of a male ninja with the same powers.
Dammit NRS, come up with some original shit.
Just because they have the same colors as the male counter parts, doesn't mean they should be a blatant rip-off.

I don't really care that much about who makes the cut.

When you have a class of Cyromancers, it's highly likely that another one will come into play. And the physics behind ice, have a tremendous amount of potential for diversity for this 1 element.

And Sub-zero himself if you don't count the backstory isn't very original either.

ninja's have been done before, and people with ice powers have been done before. all they did was take 2 unoriginal ideas and put them together.

And Sub-zero himself if you don't count the backstory isn't very original either.

ninja's have been done before, and people with ice powers have been done before. all they did was take 2 unoriginal ideas and put them together.

He's an original MK character.
Obviously, ninjas aren't an original idea, but a ninja with ice powers in a fighting game, in 1992, WAS original.

My previous point was that Frost was a dumb creation to begin with.
MK already had an ice ninja, and it didn't need a 2ND ice ninja.
IMO, MK: DA thru MK: A were probably the years in which Midway was the LEAST creative when it came to character concepts.
All the concepts were either borrowed or already done.
Out of that era there are probably 7 characters that I liked.
Aside from that, every other character from that era could burn in a fiery inferno, for all I care
Doesn't say much about Frost for me, when she's one of the 30+ characters that I couldn't even care less to ever come back.

I get it that lots of characters share the same powers (fireballs, MK9 teleports, blah, blah, blah, blah), but MK didn't need a 2nd NINJA with ice powers.

Quan Chi. How I hate that guy. Not only is he indirectly responsible for the deaths of Bi-han (He convinced Scorpion to kill him.) and everyone Sindel killed (Which is about half of the Kharacters that got killed off.), since he mind controlled her. He's also about as trustworthy as Revolver Ocelot, betraying almost everybody he's ever worked with. Finally, he's a Karma Houdini; he never gets any sort of karma for everything he's done! I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

I hate Jax in UMK3. He's too powerful to defeat with his missles, dashing punch, and his multiple throwing. I feel like he has no waekness in the game.

He's an original MK character.
Obviously, ninjas aren't an original idea, but a ninja with ice powers in a fighting game, in 1992, WAS original.

My previous point was that Frost was a dumb creation to begin with.
MK already had an ice ninja, and it didn't need a 2ND ice ninja.
IMO, MK: DA thru MK: A were probably the years in which Midway was the LEAST creative when it came to character concepts.
All the concepts were either borrowed or already done.
Out of that era there are probably 7 characters that I liked.
Aside from that, every other character from that era could burn in a fiery inferno, for all I care
Doesn't say much about Frost for me, when she's one of the 30+ characters that I couldn't even care less to ever come back.

I get it that lots of characters share the same powers (fireballs, MK9 teleports, blah, blah, blah, blah), but MK didn't need a 2nd NINJA with ice powers.

opinions are opinions I guess.

I'm just gonna say Cyber sub-zero and Sub-zero. both are ice, and they play completely different.

I don't see why everyone has to be a clone if they have similar powers.

Fox and Falco are both pilots with the same gear....

and they play nothing alike.

I'm just gonna say Cyber sub-zero and Sub-zero. both are ice, and they play completely different.

Cyber Sub-Zero is a bad comparison.
Cyber Sub-Zero should have never been done in the first place.

Having 2 Smokes and 2 Sub-Zeros was dumb back in the day, and it was dumb having 2 Sub-Zeros in MK9.
Some things never change, though, I guess. :|

Cyber Sub-Zero is a bad comparison.
Cyber Sub-Zero should have never been done in the first place.

Having 2 Smokes and 2 Sub-Zeros was dumb back in the day, and it was dumb having 2 Sub-Zeros in MK9.
Some things never change, though, I guess. :|

Why is it a bad thing if they play nothing alike?

There is absolutely nothing similar about them in the game.

Why is it a bad thing if they play nothing alike?

There is absolutely nothing similar about them in the game.

I just don't like it story-wise.
Even though I know that you (and other people) don't care about that sort of thing, character development AND game play are both important to me.
If one of the 2 elements isn't there, I'm usually not interested in the character.
Cyber Sub-Zero had both for me.
I didn't like his story, and even with that, I still gave him a chance gameplay-wise, and I still didn't like him.
I don't just say that I dislike something if I don't try it first.
As far as video-games go, I always give them a try before I form an opinion on them.

To top it off, both Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang are both supposedly "dead" after the events of MK9, so the chances of them coming back are slim to none.

While I don't like the idea of Sub-Zero being turned into a robot, a robot Sub-Zero in MK10 would be better than NO Sub-Zero

Frost in terms of gameplay is lame as hell but her character is awesome. She's a *****, I like that. If she was still a ***** and had a UNIQUE enough ice moveset that doesn't feel half-assed, I kinda wouldn't mind her.

Kuai Lang needs to stay dead. I've expressed this enough.

Bi Han needs to come back as himself, and make Noob just the pure Wraith itself. Pure evil. Like the symbiote by itself in Spiderman.

I just don't like it story-wise.
Even though I know that you (and other people) don't care about that sort of thing, character development AND game play are both important to me.
If one of the 2 elements isn't there, I'm usually not interested in the character.
Cyber Sub-Zero had both for me.
I didn't like his story, and even with that, I still gave him a chance gameplay-wise, and I still didn't like him.
I don't just say that I dislike something if I don't try it first.
As far as video-games go, I always give them a try before I form an opinion on them.

To top it off, both Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang are both supposedly "dead" after the events of MK9, so the chances of them coming back are slim to none.

While I don't like the idea of Sub-Zero being turned into a robot, a robot Sub-Zero in MK10 would be better than NO Sub-Zero

I obviously care about story as well. Otherwise I wouldn't have touched Deadly alliance > armageddon. They all played like shit gameplay wise.

It doesn't bother me storywise either.

I don't see things as blunt as you do I guess.

I always give characters a chance, and I don't immediately have an opinion about them based on things like "copies" before I even give them a chance.

Raiden from Metal Gear is copying Grey Fox.

Yet I have uber respect for both characters because they are no where near the same person.

When it comes to Kuai Lang and him becoming a robot. It doesn't bother me because Kuai lang is not dead... I see him as a person. not as a blue ice ninja.

not saying you see things ONLY this way.

i'm just saying my mind easily bypasses that stuff as trivial importance to the development of the games story progression.

You got multiple people who are "Jedi's" but use the force in different ways no one gets upset that there are a bunch of "copy jedis" in starwars. because people easily see the "character"

Same as there are "cyromancers" to "Jedi's"

I see it the same way.