Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 258

Thread: What character do you dislike the most?

  1. #181
    New Kombatant medeasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    31
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Really good Cyrax players with their elaborate bomb traps practically shut me out sometimes. But I dislike Kenshi zoners more.

  2. #182
    Emperor of Outworld iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In Orchid's pants.
    Posts
    6,683
    Twitter
    @Imme224
    Xbox Live
    Imme224
    PSN
    iReality35
    Steam
    iReality35
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 439 Times in 370 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    I can deal with the Bomb trap, but I agree with the Kenshi Keep away game. His EX specials are so god like man :C

    Quote Originally Posted by NS922 View Post
    How do you dance to dumbstep? You have a seizure or something?



  3. #183
    Emperor of Outworld Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,654
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,082
    Thanked 702 Times in 535 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    I only slightly distastefully dislike playing against Quan Chi.

    Rune Trap is annoying, The fact I don't know where his overheads/lows are is annoying (My fault)

    his teleport is such an annoying thing online and I miss the punish when he lands next to me most of the time.

  4. #184
    Elder God Shirayuki Mizore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Skull Island
    Posts
    13,380
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,081
    Thanked 746 Times in 636 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Cyrax players who are so reliant on their net.

    They have these insane combos but can only start them with that net so it makes the match easy sauce and un-entertaining.

  5. #185
    Emperor of Outworld iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In Orchid's pants.
    Posts
    6,683
    Twitter
    @Imme224
    Xbox Live
    Imme224
    PSN
    iReality35
    Steam
    iReality35
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 439 Times in 370 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post
    I only slightly distastefully dislike playing against Quan Chi.

    Rune Trap is annoying, The fact I don't know where his overheads/lows are is annoying (My fault)

    his teleport is such an annoying thing online and I miss the punish when he lands next to me most of the time.
    I just usually block low and fuzzy Guard high.

    Quote Originally Posted by NS922 View Post
    How do you dance to dumbstep? You have a seizure or something?



  6. #186
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15,376
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    PSN
    DJ_MuddButt
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,135
    Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,541 Posts
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post
    I only slightly distastefully dislike playing against Quan Chi.

    Rune Trap is annoying, The fact I don't know where his overheads/lows are is annoying (My fault)

    his teleport is such an annoying thing online and I miss the punish when he lands next to me most of the time.

    Don't worry, he becomes easy as hell once you figure out his overheads/lows.

    First good Quan Chi I ever fought was CBK-DARKS I think his name was.
    Dude destroyed me, but we kept playing over and over and eventually I realized his patterns.
    But his Rune trap?

    Yeah you're screwed dude

  7. #187
    Emperor of Outworld iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In Orchid's pants.
    Posts
    6,683
    Twitter
    @Imme224
    Xbox Live
    Imme224
    PSN
    iReality35
    Steam
    iReality35
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 439 Times in 370 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Without the damage boost how much damage does it deal? With the full combo.

    Quote Originally Posted by NS922 View Post
    How do you dance to dumbstep? You have a seizure or something?



  8. #188
    Emperor of Outworld Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,654
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,082
    Thanked 702 Times in 535 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    Don't worry, he becomes easy as hell once you figure out his overheads/lows.

    First good Quan Chi I ever fought was CBK-DARKS I think his name was.
    Dude destroyed me, but we kept playing over and over and eventually I realized his patterns.
    But his Rune trap?

    Yeah you're screwed dude
    lol, only counter to that is to make him breaker by outplaying him lol

  9. #189
    Shaolin Monk Bruzzrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Land of the Northern Carolina
    Posts
    1,909
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 145 Times in 114 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    As characters, I hate Kano and Meat.

    As people to fight against, I hate Cyrax and Kung Lao.

  10. #190
    New Kombatant medeasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    31
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    I'm a Sheeva player, but the one other time I played another Sheeva player, sucked. I knew Sheeva had this horrible rep of spamming her Teleport Stomps when I started learning her, so I intentionally never use it (except to position myself for a fatality, just to remind the person I beat that I didn't forget the stomp, I just don't use it). I started playing this other Sheeva guy, I could hear him on the mic, "Hey babe, we got another Sheeva player here. Cool." I threw him around a bit and then he just spam-stomped me to the end. My timing with the jump back-kick thing was poor (Sheeva, why you so slow, girl, haha). After the game, I'm just thinking, "You are making her look bad, guy."

    Whatever. I need to get spam-stomped more often so I can learn to counter it better. Maybe try neutral jump punch next time.

  11. #191
    Emperor of Outworld Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,654
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,082
    Thanked 702 Times in 535 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by medeasin View Post
    I'm a Sheeva player, but the one other time I played another Sheeva player, sucked. I knew Sheeva had this horrible rep of spamming her Teleport Stomps when I started learning her, so I intentionally never use it (except to position myself for a fatality, just to remind the person I beat that I didn't forget the stomp, I just don't use it). I started playing this other Sheeva guy, I could hear him on the mic, "Hey babe, we got another Sheeva player here. Cool." I threw him around a bit and then he just spam-stomped me to the end. My timing with the jump back-kick thing was poor (Sheeva, why you so slow, girl, haha). After the game, I'm just thinking, "You are making her look bad, guy."

    Whatever. I need to get spam-stomped more often so I can learn to counter it better. Maybe try neutral jump punch next time.
    Your last sentence is the correct mindset.

    But i disagree with the main paragraph.

    IF your stomp is working and you're reading the hell out of them. you should keep it up.

    There are alot of combo setups as well, that leave you for a stomp set up.

    I think you should use all your tools in your arsenal.

    The fact that you avoided using it though as upped your ground game which is a good thing. Stomp spam will not win your tournaments. But if it works on a particular player you shouldn't stop using it to keep yourself from looking bad "in your eyes"

  12. #192
    New Kombatant medeasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    31
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post

    The fact that you avoided using it though as upped your ground game which is a good thing. Stomp spam will not win your tournaments. But if it works on a particular player you shouldn't stop using it to keep yourself from looking bad "in your eyes"
    Thanks, this is good advice. I find that with tough zoners like Kenshi I need the teleport. I just don't think of it in time and will have to work on that.

  13. #193
    Shaolin Monk Bruzzrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Land of the Northern Carolina
    Posts
    1,909
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 145 Times in 114 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by medeasin View Post
    Thanks, this is good advice. I find that with tough zoners like Kenshi I need the teleport. I just don't think of it in time and will have to work on that.
    Any Kenshi player at the other end of the map with a Sheeva Jump Stomp incoming would be pretty screwed, if I don't say so myself.

    If I ever got attacked by a Sheeva Jump Stomp, I'd just troll them with Kabal. XD

  14. #194
    New Kombatant medeasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    31
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzzrad View Post
    Any Kenshi player at the other end of the map with a Sheeva Jump Stomp incoming would be pretty screwed, if I don't say so myself.

    If I ever got attacked by a Sheeva Jump Stomp, I'd just troll them with Kabal. XD
    I don't mind Kabal. At least I can see his long range attacks coming and he gets within melee range sometimes.

    Several times, on accident, I've enhance-grabbed Kabal out of his nomad dash and even his X-ray dash. Both, me and the Kabal player, were like WTF. XD

  15. #195
    Kombatant Mavado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Age
    24
    Posts
    183
    Xbox Live
    SadButTrueHD
    PSN
    SadButTrueHD
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    I hate Scorpion because 85% of the fights i play are against him and they all just do random teleports, hellfire, and spear, the stupid thing is, i just cant figure out how to beat it. Raiden and Smoke for their teleports, and Reptile because they always spam his Dash Elbow move and i can't get him away from me for breathing room.

  16. #196
    Emperor of Outworld Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,654
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,082
    Thanked 702 Times in 535 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavado View Post
    I hate Scorpion because 85% of the fights i play are against him and they all just do random teleports, hellfire, and spear, the stupid thing is, i just cant figure out how to beat it. Raiden and Smoke for their teleports, and Reptile because they always spam his Dash Elbow move and i can't get him away from me for breathing room.
    Scorpions that play like that have the same loop strategy.

    Basically what you got to do is almost never jump. he does hellfire to bait a jump so he can teleport punch you or spear you.

    If he hellfires you and you're near him you get to attack/pressure for free.

    Usually they do 1-2 hellfires then do a super unsafe teleport punch or spear. So just stay grounded. A grounded you that can block on reaction to spear/teleport punch. = full punishment for you. hellfire only deals like 10%. Eat like 2, get in on him for free.

    Once in a blue moon you should jump when you think he might throw his FIRST hellfire, or if he truly just starts spamming it like he's getting to 3-4 in a row. Think about maybe jumping.

    Scorpion should eat a full combo from you on any correct guess you make. He only gets a combo off 1 guess (when you jump) hellfire option is just a jump bait. Don't always take it.

  17. #197
    New Kombatant Easy Goin' Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Xbox Live
    Easy Goin Dude
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Noob players make me want to kick a baby!

    Every match against Noob is the same. Punish his overused teleport and dodge clone spam.

  18. #198
    Defender of EarthRealm Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Undisclosed location, Cobra
    Posts
    7,740
    Twitter
    @CobraCdr_
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    2,410
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 806 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Goin' Dude View Post
    Noob players make me want to kick a baby!

    Every match against Noob is the same. Punish his overused teleport and dodge clone spam.
    MK9 actually turned me off to Noob Saibot.
    Him and Rain were my mains in the UMK3 \ Trilogy era.
    Now I mostly just use Rain.

  19. #199
    Kombatant Jakeofspades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East, Tn
    Age
    18
    Posts
    127
    Twitter
    @Jakeofspad3s
    Xbox Live
    Jakeofspad3s
    Steam
    Firepip96
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    I can destroy most Ermacs.

    The problems for me are Shaolin Monks. Liu Kang because of his back 3 1 2 combo I think thats what it is.

    I do not like complaining about Lao, I love to play him. But hes too fast for me to punish.

    I main Kabal, but if used against me I stand no chance of getting past the NDC or IAGB.

    Playing against Noob bores me to death its blocking til you get close enough then waiting for him to try to get you with a tele then punish.

    I main Cyrax as well, but a majority of Cyrax players do spam nets way to much.

    I main main Shang Tsung hes my first in line. I stand no chance against the Reptile, Lao, or Kabal. Much too fast for Shangs slow self.

    Imgjake@gmail.com
    Add jakeofspad3s XBL

  20. #200
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What character do you dislike the most?

    eh im actually fine with pretty everyone, i like all the characters, and try to play them all.
    which is why my main is shang tsung.
    if i had to choose though?
    probably the "top" characters that everyone chooses because they think they look cool, or are "easy" to use.
    (scorpion, smoke, noob) while there are so many interesting characters they could have chosen instead. i mean i have yet to actually see a shang tsung player (who's not mirror-matching), sektor, rain(or any of the dlc characters for that matter). its why i quit MK for awhile, constantly facing kung laos, scorpions, smokes, and raidens, makes the game incredibly boring to me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Name Every Character
    By dravenfrost in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 09:58 AM
  2. Name That Character!!
    By Ghost in forum Video Games
    Replies: 584
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 11:02 PM
  3. character you dislike the most in storymode?
    By newbie1556 in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
  4. Which character will you go first?
    By Eramcfan5544 in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 06:13 AM
  5. Least liked character.
    By Havik in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •