Castlevania anyone?

rinc-e

So ..Castlevania Harmony of Despair is available for 360 since a year or so ..and is finally making its appearance on PS3! ..(free dlc stuff + offline multiplayer ps3 exkl.)

Are there some Castlevania Fans on this board? :)

Did some of u play it already and could give a little review?

Havent played Harmony of despair. I have symphony of the night as well as castlevania: Dawn of sorrow and Portrait of ruin on the DS. But the last one I beat was CastleVania: Lords Of Shadow which is an amazing game. Very reminiscent of God Of War.

i really enjoy Castlevania Harmony of Despair i bought most of the dlc for it (not the dlc characters though except for simon because you have to put so much work in a character before there ready to pull their own weight)

i plays as John, Simon Belmont, and the girl with the book .

a friend of mine used to paly SOTN all day n' night ..when I heard about HD coming on ps3 (thats where we at), he was somewhat skeptical about the 30 min thingy ..is that enough time? because at the beginning ..with no equip, it seems quite hard to beat in that time..

I'm trying to beat SOTN atm ..I really like it so far.

I guess I'm going with Simon or Shanoa ..

How many levels does Harmony of Despair have? (with and without dlc)

I loved me some Super Castlevania 4.

Then I played Portrait of Ruin on DS, loved it.
Played Dawn of Sorrow, loved it.
Played Oder of Ecclesia, pretty meh.

Then played Symphony of Night.
Loved it but it pretty much ruined the DS ones since I realized they just pulled a Kirby and reused decade old sprites for enemies :?

SOTN circle of the moon, and hey wht about the originals?Anyone still got the ol nes up and running?First ones the best in the old school regard maybe with the exception of the 4th one for the SNES.Havent played the new one cause i thought no one really bought it and its co op but if ppl are then i might give it a go.

Castlevania Symphony Of The Night is to me, the best and most beautiful game ever created. There's not a single flaw on that game.
Wish they added it to the European PSN with trophies.

Harmony of Despair was not as good as I was hoping, but I'll still get it.

Harmony of Despair is pure fan service, and my favorite Xbox Live Arcade game. I've probably poured more hours into that game than any other Xbox game not call Mass Effect 2 or SSF4. The sheer amount of depth to it is amazing (if you're okay with repetition), the DLC is challenging, and it's just loaded with fan service. I might even get it again for PS3 just for the offline co-op! Oh, and I main Maria Renard and Julius Belmont, with Charlotte in there sometimes for variety

As far as the rest of the series goes, it's easily one of my top ten favorite gaming series ever. I've played more or less all of them (yes, including the obscure ones like Rondo Of Blood and the original Gameboy games.) It's been one of those series I've been playing since I was 6, starting with Super Castlevania 4, and it's just always appealed to me. To be honest though, I wasn't wild about Lords Of Shadow. I don't know what it was about it, maybe the stale 3D Beat-Em-Up formula it followed? It's unfortunate seeing as I was so looking forward to it. Regardless, Castlevania is an amazing series

Last edited:
a friend of mine used to paly SOTN all day n' night ..when I heard about HD coming on ps3 (thats where we at), he was somewhat skeptical about the 30 min thingy ..is that enough time? because at the beginning ..with no equip, it seems quite hard to beat in that time..

I'm trying to beat SOTN atm ..I really like it so far.

I guess I'm going with Simon or Shanoa ..

How many levels does Harmony of Despair have? (with and without dlc)

it has 6 great levels.

Bought Lords of Shadow today.
Played the demo and just had to get it.

Haven't been able to play it yet though.

Bought Lords of Shadow today.
Played the demo and just had to get it.

Haven't been able to play it yet though.

I thought this was one of the hardest f*cking game ever. It's a really good game though. If you want to rage harder than you ever have before, buy the DLC.

SOTN to me is one of the best PS1 games of all time and to be honest, that is actually the only Castlevania game I really cared for.

To me it gets no better than Dawn of Sorrow.
The fact that every single enemy has a soul that you can weaponize is just amazing to me.

I remember farming like a mother ****er to get the Iron Titan's soul.
Shit makes you invincible :mullet:

You know what I liked about SOTN? Playing as Alucard at the very beginning and ****ing those zombies and wolves up with one swipe of your sword then it all getting taken away. It was a giant **** tease and it made you want to play the rest of the game so you can get that powerful again. Shit was fun yo.

Wraith you were NOT f*cking kidding about this game being hard.
When I first read how you said Lords of Shadow was difficult I thought "Pussy, I bet its easy as hell for me"

No, no not at all.
I was getting my ass handed to me on the second level.
That f*cking Warg was ruthless!
Now I'm getting mobbed by the Giant Spiders.

The fact that you restart checkpoints with half health doesn't help either.

SOTN hands down the BEST PS1 game, played tha crap dizzle out of that game.

Uh so in HdD Alucard is a disappointment, no teleport hellfire, no bat form, none of his cool shit in SOTN. I am thinking about buying Ricther DLC, but all HoD has done is made me want to play through SOTN again. HoD is ok I guess so far, I spent hours into Alucard, I may get his sword but really miss the teleport hellfire that is key.

Just got around to playing Castlevania:Lord of Shadows. This IS the best action adventure game I ever played and easily beats God of War out of the water for me. Although it takes elements from various games (fighting-Gow, platforming-Prince of Persia, Titan battles - shadow of colossus) it meshes together extremely well. The amazing visuals and story too complement it well. I love this game.

On a slightly negative note, as you guys already said, this game is hard as HELL, even on normal. Spiders and wargs seem to never die and I remember trying about a dozen times killing the swamp troll during the QTE. I thought the outer circle should be exactly on the inner circle to execute the kill :laugh:.