New to the Forum,

SgtSmackaho

Not alot of action in this subforum but figured I would join and post anyway...
Huge fan of the grid and was wondering if there is any active Grid communities still?
Thanks

Not alot of action in this subforum but figured I would join and post anyway...
Huge fan of the grid and was wondering if there is any active Grid communities still?
Thanks

Not sure why I didn't see these posts 3 years ago, but recently there has been a small resurgence of The Grid at Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield. They now have three cabinets up and running and have some events some days.

I am also looking for any information on networking games over the internet...

As far as networking games over the internet, I think it's possible theoretically. I've thought about it a lot. If you convert Firewire to Ethernet and then run routing software to route those packets to another Grid machine waiting elsewhere, I *think* it may work. There would be some latency and not sure how the backend programming of the game would handle that. All-in-all I think it's possible.

Last edited:
Not sure why I didn't see these posts 3 years ago, but recently there has been a small resurgence of The Grid at Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield. They now have three cabinets up and running and have some events some days.

Indeed there has been. They have 6 cabinets now. I roll there with a few homies who also love the grid several times a month. There's always some decent completion around. Badass game.