Super Marvel vs Capcom 3 coming soon?

[sek]

Kotaku lists the following Capcom events taking place during this year's Comic-Con:

Dragon's Dogma, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil Revelations, Street Fighter X Tekken, Asura's Wrath, Dead Rising 2: Off The Record and Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition—the company's E3 line-up for the most part—will all represent at Capcom's typically lively Comic-Con booth this year. At least one unannounced title—probably a Super-style expansion for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, I'm guessing—will be present in some form.

Capcom also has a slew of panels happening at the show. Street Fighter and Tekken producers Yoshinori Ono and Katsuhiro Harada hold a Street Fighter X Tekken panel on Thursday, July 21 in room 6BCF. The potpourri event "The World of Capcom" happens the next day, featuring discussion of Dragon's Dogma, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record and Asura's Wrath. Saturday, July 23 sees Marvel vs. Capcom 3 producer Ryota Niitsuma offering a "behind-the-scenes peek" at something(!). For times and locations, check the full schedule out right here.

They seem pretty confident we're going to see some kind of expansion announced for MvC3. Seeing as that's been my favorite non MK game of 2011 by far, I'm pretty excited at that prospect.

Why?

Why are you excited?

Unless you plan on joining me on my trip to Capcom HQ to rip each and every one of their balls off, then I see no excitement in this "expansion".

I tell you what, wake me when the "Ultra" edition comes out.

Kotaku lists the following Capcom events taking place during this year's Comic-Con:

They seem pretty confident we're going to see some kind of expansion announced for MvC3. Seeing as that's been my favorite non MK game of 2011 by far, I'm pretty excited at that prospect.

Although I don't agree with Capcom's selling policy, many characters are missing from MvC3: Megaman, Venom, Strider Hiryu, Captain commando, Cyclops... If they could inject them somehow in MvC3 it would be awesome.

Honestly, my expectations of MvC3 were pretty low, but it turned out alright as soon as I got more used to it. However, I'm a little bit wary of Capcom's schemes, so I'll wait and see what they have to offer.

Capcom's marketing strategies piss me off, and so did how they pretty much abandoned the game after the already announced DLC, but I can't front like I wouldn't be stoked to see some kind of expansion as long they don't price it as a completely standalone game. If they keep in in the $20 range I would be okay with it, expecting another $60 for stuff that probably should have been in the original game would be some straight up robbery bullsquid.

Lupinko said that this was coming out months ago and has been throwing his riddles on twitter again recently.

I think the reasoning behind the "abandonment" of DLC was to have it all in one go. There's no way it'll be priced at $20. It will probably be like SSFIV and priced the same, which if it is, will be considerably cheaper than the $5 a character route for the rumored 12 extra characters.

Last edited:
Not Super, but MARVELOUS Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

I didn't buy the "regular" version, so I might consider and updated version that actually looks good.

Not Super, but MARVELOUS Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

I didn't buy the "regular" version, so I might consider and updated version that actually looks good.

The single player arcade is great because the computer isn't an ass who uses the same characters and does the same combos. Also they made it seem like it was going to have a story mode. I think it said that Doctor Doom and Wesker teamed up and they were trying to conquer both universes. So there is low replay value in my opinion because I don't enjoy going online and facing Dante, Hulk, and Akuma over and over again. I hope if there is a super version they have more modes like he said and they tweak the characters a lot. And in the beginning I did only find like 3 ranked matches lol but they fixed that. I wish you could view matches too. Not see license cards fight each other. I have to freakin watch TV or something until it's my turn.

The roster is pretty butt too. I can't believe they left out characters like Strider Jiryu for people like MODOK and She Hulk. That's pretty lame.

Mission mode is pretty useless. They ask for so much and I don't get too into the game so it's pretty useless to me and all you get is stupid little titles. The only reason I haven't sold this game is because it has the Resident Evil characters.

Last edited:
Lucky.

I honestly can't see why I didn't see this coming when I bought this game.

Few reasons why I did that. 1) I love MK. 2) I didn't have enough money to get another fighting game. 3) I don't really have time for another game since my class is already intense. 4) I'll wait later on, save up, and be sure that I will have time for all the games I get.

Now if Elektra isn't on this one, I might not get it either. If MK will have a similar thing going on (which I HOPE NOT), then I'll probably get it. But I'd prefer MK to keep using DLC instead for another 2 years for new content. It's way better that way. ;-)

This might want to make me buy mvc3. I didn't buy it when it first came out because I was waiting fo MK9. I've played mvc3 a few times. Its actually a pretty good fighter although this new edition better have venom or ill just buy a used copy of the original version for like 35$ at gamestop.