Low hit to free hit

Man Eater

I don't think it's fair that Quan Chi and Scorpion have a low hit to free hit move (that gives them the free hit) while Sindel and Sonya don't. I do believe sub zero has one too.

Anybody else out there feel the same way?

Not every character has the same tool set. I don't think Sub-Zero has one. The only low hit string I can think of for him is B+1 2 4 which 4 is the low hit and you can't combo from it.

For clarification's sake: Sub-Zero doesn't have any moves that hit low and lead into a combo or a free hit. He can hit overhead into a combo, but not low.

More to the point: Is it fair the Mileena and Smoke have teleports yet Johnny Cage and Reptile don't? Yes, it is. Not everyone in the game has to have every tool. I think Sindel looks like an underrated character that's going to see some more use once people get to know her better and Sonya has a very strong rushdown game with some solid tricks. Sub-Zero doesn't have a teleport, but he is a very good character. Cage can't hit low into a combo but he is very strong. Jade has very few mix-ups but I see her as being the strongest character in the game that is still being slept on. Not every character has every tool and that's okay. Most characters in MK9 seem rather well balanced with what they have though. Some need slight alterations still, but the lack of a tool isn't necessarily unfair.

Well Cyrax doesn't have ANY low hit strings, imagine how I feel. :\

Yeah, Cyrax is a pretty shitty character. My condolences on the lack of strength in your main. =P

But being serious, that does help my point. Cyrax is a very strong character, most people will argue that he is top tier, and yet he lacks any kind of low hit strings.

For clarification's sake: Sub-Zero doesn't have any moves that hit low and lead into a combo or a free hit. He can hit overhead into a combo, but not low.

More to the point: Is it fair the Mileena and Smoke have teleports yet Johnny Cage and Reptile don't? Yes, it is. Not everyone in the game has to have every tool. I think Sindel looks like an underrated character that's going to see some more use once people get to know her better and Sonya has a very strong rushdown game with some solid tricks. Sub-Zero doesn't have a teleport, but he is a very good character. Cage can't hit low into a combo but he is very strong. Jade has very few mix-ups but I see her as being the strongest character in the game that is still being slept on. Not every character has every tool and that's okay. Most characters in MK9 seem rather well balanced with what they have though. Some need slight alterations still, but the lack of a tool isn't necessarily unfair.

Yeah, Cyrax is a pretty shitty character. My condolences on the lack of strength in your main. =P

But being serious, that does help my point. Cyrax is a very strong character, most people will argue that he is top tier, and yet he lacks any kind of low hit strings.

Cyrax is shitty?????? WTF Cyrax is almost broken in this game idk what you are saying

There's a difference between a tool and a special move.

Sindel fans have been hoping since day ONE that her 2 1 yell would work

Lol I was joking, man. That's why I followed it up by saying that he is a very strong character.

Oh okay yea I sorta flew off the handle as soon as I saw Cyrax is a shitty character. I read it and almost shouted BLASPHEMY! out loud

Sub-Zero has no low strings. To be honest I think none of my mains have, only Kabal 1,1,B+4

So should it be fair that NO character's have low to free hit strings?

I agree that Quan Chi's move is annoying as hell.

But!

There is a lot of things some characters have and other not, for example some chars have a stunning move, some have a teleport move, some have a parry move, some have invinsivility moves, is just a balance thing, they add this to Quan, but they quit this to him, so the characters are balanced, SZ has a slide but no teleport, Reptle has a fast dash but no teleport, Mileena has no stunning moves but she has a teleport, and stuff like that.

I really don't think that has to do with balance like everyone is saying. If that was the case, why would they give this free hit from a low string since he has a teleport, low sweep, unblockable, and air grab?

I really don't think that has to do with balance like everyone is saying. If that was the case, why would they give this free hit from a low string since he has a teleport, low sweep, unblockable, and air grab?

He has a slow telepor and he is weak and lacks in good combos. Though Ill never understand the unblockable demon fire.

Because Scorpion is the face of MK.

And when casuals buy Mortal Kombat, they want to use "teh kool ninjer guy on da frant!"
So NRS makes Scorpion super accessible so casuals think this is the best game ever, but they limit what he can do.

Scorpion's max potential will never come close to say the likes of Reptile or Kung Lao.

He has a slow telepor and he is weak and lacks in good combos. Though Ill never understand the unblockable demon fire.

So what about Sindel? She lacks in strong juggles and has no teleport. I don't know, I just don't see the logic in that being a "balancing thing"

I don't think it's fair that Quan Chi and Scorpion have a low hit to free hit move (that gives them the free hit) while Sindel and Sonya don't. I do believe sub zero has one too.

Anybody else out there feel the same way?

If Sonya then only in combo 2,1,<3 (Triangle , [] , < X)Are Cool Low Hit if they block two hits last is low & easy to hit him =)

I think Scorpions free hit is fine, it is easily punishable. The only thing I hate is his demon fire, but that's cause I always get hit with it cause i like to stand still.

So what about Sindel? She lacks in strong juggles and has no teleport. I don't know, I just don't see the logic in that being a "balancing thing"

She can throw low, high, air projectiles, projectiles from everywhere and her air move has a great range you can barely approach her and if you do she has a stunning move and that annyoning kartwheel. There is your balance, she doesnt need low strings, or teleport or air grab.

Sindel is one of the best zoner of MK...her game is about projectiles, not strong combos.
She can shoot you from everywhere, do you want her to be a rushdown beast too?